Here's how Sheffield Wednesday line up today!

12 minutes ago, evaD said:

There are two players in this team that are head and shoulders above the rest. One is Bannan, the other is Reach. The latter probably being our most consistent performer last season and this.

You don't just drop these players after one quiet game.

Firstly i never mentioned bannan, secondly reach has not been consistent this season. I cant think of 1 game this season where he's played well

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Pudil is a good footballer. He can deliver a quality ball from anywhere on the left. He takes up good positions. You don't have to have lightning pace to be effective. Milk turned quicker than Nigel Worthington and he couldn't beat an egg, but his most effective and productive years were playing in front on Phil King on the left side of midfield.

I’m not so sure in modern football a player  in their later years without a great deal of pace or energy to get up and down pitch can get away playing on the wing. If they could, Wallace would be playing at higher level than Fleetwood. 

I’d rather see him as back three or as back four with Hector playing in front alongside Joey. Wanting him playing on the wing or even as a left sided midfielder is suicidal.  

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Mom fairly sure that the line up is one change away from what most were predicting. Jaoa swapped for an extra centre half or defensive mid depending where Hector starts. 

So one player off off most peoples guessed selection now is a “toothless cobbling together of players”. 

Stop talking wet! 

I said at worst that's how it looks. 

I actually think it's more likely that he's playing for a point, which I don't personally think is crazy, but will certainly dissapoint some... 

Not sure you can just "swap" Joao for a centre half; it means either a switch back to 3/5 at the back, or playing Hector in midfield and or Pupil at left back and Penney left midfield... Any of these would be a move which would open him up to criticism if he doesn't get a result, which was my only really pertinent point. 

Genuinely sorry for talking wet though :rolleyes:

Just now, Philb125 said:

I’m not so sure in modern football a player  in their later years without a great deal of pace or energy to get up and down pitch can get away playing on the wing. If they could, Wallace would be playing at higher level than Fleetwood. 

I’d rather see him as back three or as back four with Hector playing in front alongside Joey. Wanting him playing on the wing or even as a left sided midfielder is suicidal.  

I'm not saying I want it, but I'd prefer almost anything to playing with a 5 with Baker in the side as he offers nothing going forward, and the emphasis on Lees to play out with the ball kills us- we end up being completely toothless.

10 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Far too open Wednesday, Jos has gone for a lineup to make us more solid and people aren’t happy. Villa are full of quality if we take a point from it we’ve not done bad at all. 

No but we have to go out and win every game 

even though we’ve probs got around the 14th best team in the division 

34 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I haven’t got a big problem personally with a back 3 if that’s what it is; it did well for us towards the end of last season. But we’ll get nothing at all down the right flank from Baker.

And Matias and Reach ahead of Joao and Onomah... hmmmm. Matias was like the invisible man the other night, and Reach has had two stinkers in a row. Onomah against his old club with Pelupessy behind him to allow him to get forward more seemed a better choice to me. But hey ho. 

There were 2 good reasons 5 at the back worked at the end of last season - Venancio and Hunt. Not convinced we have the personnel for it now.

Agree on Matias and Reach, not sure how both are in the side again but there is no point in playing Joao out of position either.

22 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Pudil is a good footballer. He can deliver a quality ball from anywhere on the left. He takes up good positions. You don't have to have lightning pace to be effective. Milk turned quicker than Nigel Worthington and he couldn't beat an egg, but his most effective and productive years were playing in front on Phil King on the left side of midfield.

I've heard some interesting suggestions in my time but I am hoping you are way wide of the mark with this one! 

57 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Formation is irrelevant after Wednesday night - attitude is what is needed. Without the right attitude this team has 3-0 written all over it.

Who to?

40 minutes ago, evaD said:

There are two players in this team that are head and shoulders above the rest. One is Bannan, the other is Reach. The latter probably being our most consistent performer last season and this.

You don't just drop these players after one quiet game.

Reach? Are you taking the mick? He's been awful all season! One of our worst performers! He's not had one quiet game, he's had 6 shocking performances!

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope Matias performs today

I've gone totally off him as a Wednesday player so would like him to show why we are persevering with him

Think you are being a little harsh.

He has popped up with some goals that I don't think others in the team (that are fit and playing) have - just pure basic instinctive finishing.

He does also make the centre half and the fullback have to make decisions, because neither are quite sure which should be going to him at times.

Edited by HarryPlopper