Here's how Sheffield Wednesday line up today!

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

lol

What a set of clowns.  Stop embarrassing yourselves lads and leave it to the professionals.

Oi. 

I have a longstanding track record of predicting defeats and getting wins. 

I ain't gonna stop now, it's working. 

lol

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

lol

What a set of clowns.  Stop embarrassing yourselves lads and leave it to the professionals.

I'm delighted to be proven wrong today. Well done Jos and the lads. Just didn't see that coming after the debacle against Forest. Did you? 

5 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Whichever formation, if the lads are 100% at it we will give them a game.

Be just like us to get 3 points after the abject game in midweek and the ensuing reaction.                     

*cough*

Well done lads

Same again Friday would be nice.

UTO

Wasn't convinced by the side he picked today but glad to se Pelupessy back in the side and a move away from playing 4 attackers in tricky away games. The 3-5-2 worked for Jos last season because we had Venancio and Hunt. We were all over the place with it at the start of this season but now it looks workable with Hector solid and Penney offering more attacking ability on the left than Hunt used to on the right.

Penney was the best player on the pitch first half and Reach & Matias, who I have been critical of in the last two games made key contributions. We completely nullified a good team with a strong home record and should have scored more than two ourselves. 

That was our best all round performance of the season for me.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wasn't convinced by the side he picked today but glad to se Pelupessy back in the side and a move away from playing 4 attackers in tricky away games. The 3-5-2 worked for Jos last season because we had Venancio and Hunt. We were all over the place with it at the start of this season but now it looks workable with Hector solid and Penney offering more attacking ability on the left than Hunt used to on the right.

Penney was the best player on the pitch first half and Reach & Matias, who I have been critical of in the last two games made key contributions. We completely nullified a good team with a strong home record and should have scored more than two ourselves. 

That was our best all round performance of the season for me.

I agree with this, although I think 4231 is ideal for us too with everyone available. Playing 3 centre backs is quite fashionable at the moment if you have players confident on the ball but we genuinely did struggle with it at Wigan, Sunderland, Brentford and early on against Hull with Lees commenting that players weren’t that comfortable with it and the change to a back four came with 9 points. 

Nonetheless, if it works in the future starting today (although Thorniley seems more comfortable in a back 4) then I’m all for it...

15 hours ago, BRADDO said:

You honestly saw that performance coming today after the Forest stroll about? Come on. 

Yep, Forest was the aberration.   We'll see less and less of that standard of performance as the season progresses. 

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Yep, Forest was the aberration.   We'll see less and less of that standard of performance as the season progresses. 

I sincerely hope so Sham. It was similar to the Brentford debacle which is a bit of a worry. I honestly didn't see yesterday's stunning performance coming. If only we could do it regularly, we'd be serious contenders.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I sincerely hope so Sham. It was similar to the Brentford debacle which is a bit of a worry. I honestly didn't see yesterday's stunning performance coming. If only we could do it regularly, we'd be serious contenders.

Yet we've still achieved 10 points in the last 5 games.  A solid 2 points per game.  Has as been shown in the other thread our form is improving.  Continuing to improve at this rate will see us up at the end of the season.  Relax and enjoy it all unfold.

• Like 1