Here's how Sheffield Wednesday line up today!

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yeah only thing this isn't is a 4 4 2

Dawson

Baker      Lees         Hector          Pudil          > 4

Bannan    Pelupessy  Reach   Penny       >4

Matias  Fletcher                >2

Yeah it is, are you not good at adding up?

11 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Another mystifying starting eleven :duntmatter:

I don’t really get why it’s a mystifying line up 

we’ve been shedding goals for fun, so he puts 5 back at the back

big dave got dogs abuse = dropped 

we missed Joey midweek = back in the side 

What people are expecting, or what other options they think we have, I have no idea 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Dawson

Baker      Lees         Hector          Pudil          > 4

Bannan    Pelupessy  Reach   Penny       >4

Matias  Fletcher                >2

Yeah it is, are you not good at adding up?

What I'm saying is that there's no way that line up will be a 4 4 2.

Just cos you've managed to mangle them together that way doesnt mean it will happen 

I haven’t got a big problem personally with a back 3 if that’s what it is; it did well for us towards the end of last season. But we’ll get nothing at all down the right flank from Baker.

And Matias and Reach ahead of Joao and Onomah... hmmmm. Matias was like the invisible man the other night, and Reach has had two stinkers in a row. Onomah against his old club with Pelupessy behind him to allow him to get forward more seemed a better choice to me. But hey ho. 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

The way we just keep chopping and changing the team and approach. There’s no consistency. 

To be fair to Jos we've played this formation quite a bit previously so its not really experimenting. It hasn't really worked before though so its interesting he's giving it another go.

I guess the rationale is we are away from home against one of the best teams in the league and we've yet to keep a clean sheet. Therefore the plan is to shut up shop. However I guess there are serious questions as to whether we are good enough to keep them at bay and I suspect with such a negative approach we won't create much.

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t really get why it’s a mystifying line up 

we’ve been shedding goals for fun, so he puts 5 back at the back

big dave got dogs abuse = dropped 

we missed Joey midweek = back in the side 

What people are expecting, or what other options they think we have, I have no idea 

Where do you see the goals coming from?

3 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

So he was great against stokt then selective memory

There are two players in this team that are head and shoulders above the rest. One is Bannan, the other is Reach. The latter probably being our most consistent performer last season and this.

You don't just drop these players after one quiet game.

Edited by evaD

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

To be fair to Jos we've played this formation quite a bit previously so its not really experimenting. It hasn't really worked before though so its interesting he's giving it another go.

I guess the rationale is we are away from home against one of the best teams in the league and we've yet to keep a clean sheet. Therefore the plan is to shut up shop. However I guess there are serious questions as to whether we are good enough to keep them at bay and I suspect with such a negative approach we won't create much.

Which formation? I reckon it's 4231 which Jos is well known for and deployed once he sorted out training...

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What I'm saying is that there's no way that line up will be a 4 4 2.

Just cos you've managed to mangle them together that way doesnt mean it will happen 

I think we have a floater to mark up on Grealish or Hourihane - I'm just not sure which one.

So that said, formation is really not what you'd expect as both of them move around the pitch an awful lot.