19 years ago today...

I was there and - looking back on it now - that is the one that feels like my worst ever experience watching Wednesday.  And I’ve seen us get relegated, beat by the blunts, lose cup finals and semi-finals - but that performance by that team was just so abysmal and confirmed all my worst fears about how poor we were and where we were headed.

(maybe a slight overreaction but there you go :-))

Wilson should either have walked or been sacked, but the fact neither happened until too late, set the scene for our relegation and for where we are now....

Edited by SimonJ

5 minutes ago, SimonJ said:

I was there and - looking back on it now - that is the one that feels like my worst ever experience watching Wednesday.  And I’ve seen us get relegated, beat by the blunts, lose cup finals and semi-finals - but that performance by that team was just so abysmal and confirmed all my worst fears about how poor we were and where we were headed.

(maybe a slight overreaction but there you go :-))

Wilson should either have walked or been sacked, but the fact neither happened until too late, set the scene for our relegation and for where we are now....

Absolutely ludicrous that he didn't get the boot.

Having just watched it back again a few things stand out.

We did our old trick of ending the oppositions run. Shearer scores 5 having not scored in 10. Aaron Hughes scores his 1st ever goal.

2 dubious penalties against us, the Dier goal should have been disallowed so I'd say we were unlucky!

:tango:

Thing that made me most sad was remembering what a fine player Gary Speed was and what a sad and troubled end he came to. Despite his associatons with 2 of our gravest enemies. RIP

Edited by Mystic Neg

I will never ever forget Danny Wilson being interviewed on the radio after the game. He said you've got to look at the positives and that for the first 10 minutes we were the better team! 

A few seconds later was the angriest, and sweary-est, i've ever seen my dad. 

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

On my honeymoon...

...and yes, we are not together anymore..

lol

lol lol  teckin her to Newcastle for an honeymoon might be one of the reasons for your singularity Flat Owl ? I suppose it coulda been classed as exotic 'n' romantic if ye were living in Middlesborough though :rolleyes:

FFS

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

On my honeymoon...

...and yes, we are not together anymore..

lol

Got me thinking...

You enter into a legal contract with someone (marriage).....you'll have some good times, some bad.....but you can get out of it (with a bit of pain and a lot of cost) and go on your merry way.

You enter into a casual relationship (being a Wednesdayite), no contract, no formal commitment...you'll have some good times, some bad...but that's it, you're screwed, no way out...just a lot of pain and plenty of cost.

Still....probably wouldn't change it for the world....including the divorce bit lol

• Haha 1