Westwood

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

Your Caps lock is stuck.

You havent actually said anything but tried to belittle my opinion so ive ignored it completely as it means nothing.

By replying you've just immediately invalidated what you just posted

lol

Anyway - back to the point (sorry if you feel that I tried to belittle your opinion that wasn't the intention it was more a scream into the air at all the fans jumping on this inane Westwood in bandwagon)

Westwood is not out due to footballing reasons no matter what spin/hype is being put on it by the club.

So therefore arguing he's the better keeper (stats show he isn't. Cold hard facts/stats prove otherwise) is pointless

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans are even tagging Westwood and Bullen directly in tweets slagging off Dawson and demanding Westwood's immediate return

It's disgusting

We've done the social media abuse/trolling nonsense to death - it's a way of life now for some, and it's not restricted to the Westwood 'issue'. People who post abuse are low lifes, but they'll be there tomorrow.

The key to all this is communication. It reflects badly on the club and the vaccum is filled by theories, comments, which may or may not be accurate.

Unless there is a contractual reason for either party not to comment, there appears no reason why the truth can not be communicated. If not, people will only get more frustrated and vocal, particularly if we start going through a bad spell. This is the way of football and always has been.

For what it's worth, I like Dawson, and he is clearly the future. But we have, up to very recent, one of the top goalkeepers in this league, who was instrumental in achieving clean sheet records over the last two years, who is now no where near the squad.

So if this reason is not a footballing one, what is it?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Anyway - back to the point (sorry if you feel that I tried to belittle your opinion that wasn't the intention it was more a scream into the air at all the fans jumping on this inane Westwood in bandwagon)

Westwood is not out due to footballing reasons no matter what spin/hype is being put on it by the club.

So therefore arguing he's the better keeper (stats show he isn't. Cold hard facts/stats prove otherwise) is pointless

you usually belittle an opinion, usually by saying something patronising and adding sid james at the end which says 'im only joking'.

i dont see club hype, just a closed door on discussing it. I dont know 'the reason', not sure how the stats can be so massively in favour of this.  I wasnt arguing, it was an opinion based on 140 games hes played.

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Worrying , in a football club and also telling porkies to fans who've invested thousands is unethical.

And why blame Westy for club's money troubles?  Hence all grief (which should not be abusive).

And didn't pressure on club help change their daft Radio Sheffield policy?

Would welcome alternative solutions to help avoid more Wigans, Brentfords and Forests.

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

The thing is this has to be the truth ...doesn't it?

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

This is the McGugan situation all over again. 

And who was proved right with that situation. Remind me who he's playing for now. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans are even tagging Westwood and Bullen directly in tweets slagging off Dawson and demanding Westwood's immediate return

It's disgusting

I don't want to go all Dave Allen about it but there's was a word he used one time that would seem apt...