Westwood

On 19/09/2018 at 10:20, @owlstalk said:

Don't think with the current chairman and manager and comms team that we are the sort of club to dish dirt

Maybe if Roy Keane was in charge

Either way - I'd honestly just forget about Westwood - he's no longer in the picture

A good Manager should be able to sort this out and get one of the best keepers in the Championship back in our team.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Difference been McGugan was gash, Westwood isn't. 

Quite right. Wonder what happened to mcgugan ? Is he still counting his money? What a waste.  This westwood argument im affaid is just going to get louder ,if i was the manager if i knew westwood was staying id let him and dawson battle it out for no1 purely on football reasons and give wildsmith a run of games on loan that way wildsmith comes back better and westwood moves on in the summer. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Actually think twitter should have its own category 

Anti-social media

There are plenty of positive things on twitter, just have to ignore the stuff that is completely mindless, debate the stuff that is worthy of it, or leave it alone if it gets too much. 

Quite ironic that people using this site seem to think it is that different.......

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Quite ironic that people using this site seem to think it is that different.......

There are some differences though.

Like I've never seen anyone in here call an 18 year old kid a f*cking greedy cnt directly by tagging him in. 

Haven't seen any threats of rape, murder or beatings on here either. 

Ok. Maybe Daveyboy has asked a couple of folks back to the barracks after the game, but I'm sure that was for a quick half and a chat :ph34r:

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

By replying you've just immediately invalidated what you just posted

lol

Anyway - back to the point (sorry if you feel that I tried to belittle your opinion that wasn't the intention it was more a scream into the air at all the fans jumping on this inane Westwood in bandwagon)

Westwood is not out due to footballing reasons no matter what spin/hype is being put on it by the club.

So therefore arguing he's the better keeper (stats show he isn't. Cold hard facts/stats prove otherwise) is pointless

Not sure what stats you are looking at. What I can see at the moment is a defence incapable of keeping a clean sheet and completely lacking in organisation and leadership.

Dawson is not specifically at fault, it is understandable that he isn't naturally commanding, doesn't lead and organise and doesn't always make the right decisions at this level at this stage of his career. He has got the basics right but needs time to develop, chucking him in at the deep end with an unsettled defence might not be helping with that - it certainly didn't help Wildsmith. We have a player on our books who should be able to help with some of these issues.

We are paying a 3rd-choice keeper more than most clubs in this division will be paying their 1st-choice. Whatever the reasons are for that, it is certainly worthy of debate and pushing for a definitive answer. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

There are some differences though.

Like I've never seen anyone in here call an 18 year old kid a f*cking greedy cnt directly by tagging him in. 

Haven't seen any threats of rape, murder or beatings on here either. 

Ok. Maybe Daveyboy has asked a couple of folks back to the barracks after the game, but I'm sure that was for a quick half and a chat :ph34r:

Yes, some of the stuff is disgusting, but you generalised and labelled the whole platform which is simply not the case.

It is possible to block idiots and set your account up to just see things you are interested in from people you know or trust not to be abusive. There's never any threats of rape or murder in the stuff that I view.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure what stats you are looking at. What I can see at the moment is a defence incapable of keeping a clean sheet and completely lacking in organisation and leadership.

Dawson is not specifically at fault, it is understandable that he isn't naturally commanding, doesn't lead and organise and doesn't always make the right decisions at this level at this stage of his career. He has got the basics right but needs time to develop, chucking him in at the deep end with an unsettled defence might not be helping with that - it certainly didn't help Wildsmith. We have a player on our books who should be able to help with some of these issues.

We are paying a 3rd-choice keeper more than most clubs in this division will be paying their 1st-choice. Whatever the reasons are for that, it is certainly worthy of debate and pushing for a definitive answer. 

Nor me. Didn't Westy Tweet official goalie rankings recently showing him our top keeper by far?

Yesterday, all Owls questions on Radio Sheff about this , plus replays of Jos's press conference was about Westy.

Fans are not fooled and want best for team so won't leave alone.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yes, some of the stuff is disgusting, but you generalised and labelled the whole platform which is simply not the case.

It is possible to block idiots and set your account up to just see things you are interested in from people you know or trust not to be abusive. There's never any threats of rape or murder in the stuff that I view.

I probably have too much spare time on my hands!

I saw some of the stuff going on George Hirsts page and it was pretty awful. 

That said, and as you say. There is always a choice.

As I've said before many times, If I was involved in the game these days here is no way I'd even have an account for something like. 

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Nor me. Didn't Westy Tweet official goalie rankings recently showing him our top keeper by far?

Yesterday, all Owls questions on Radio Sheff about this , plus replays of Jos's press conference was about Westy.

To be fair the rankings had Jones as a better player than Joao so that's all a bit of a moot point...

However you're right it's certainly a point that our fans have got there teeth into.

Do you think the relentless campaign will result in him being selected again or do you think the club/manager will just keep on using their employees the way they see fit?

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Think that could possibly be part of the reason he's not in favour. Not his position in the rankings but the things he's going public on.

I for one am discounting footballing or performance reasons. So what could be the possible scenarios? 

1. He's missing training 

2. The family Christmas one is true

3. He's insulted chansiri. 

I've heard all 3 from fans in the Park (pub). One of the above did come from what I'd call a fairly reliable source.