Onomah And Reach.

Think these two will battle it out for the same position.

Onomah looked lively when he come on yesterday. Think he may have a bit of Kieran Lee about him. Someone who will go box to box all game, get forward and take the game to the opposition.

Think if I was Reach though I would be worried that I maybe on the bench on Wednesday.

Penney even proved he can be as effective as him running down that wing and carrying to ball.

Reach needs to improve on that performance and fast as it was one of his worst for us.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Onomah looked lively when he come on yesterday. Think he may have a bit of Kieran Lee about him. Someone who will go box to box all game, get forward and take the game to the opposition.

Think if I was Reach though I would be worried that I maybe on the bench on Wednesday.

Penney even proved he can be as effective as him running down that wing and carrying to ball.

Reach needs to improve on that performance and fast as it was one of his worst for us.

It's not either or for me.  

Think both will be needed at the same time.  Reach out wide left, Onomah in a more central position.  

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

It's not either or for me.  

Think both will be needed at the same time.  Reach out wide left, Onomah in a more central position.  

Think Reach maybe moved into Matias position as that role yesterday didn't suit him at all. Every one quick to blame Pelupessy like they always do when we concede goals. but Reach kept emptying the midfield to press high up and left a massive whole in it that first 20 mins. And his passing was terrible all game. Suppose given how well he did at Reading was just disappointed he couldn't follow it up.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think Reach maybe moved into Matias position as that role yesterday didn't suit him at all. Every one quick to blame Pelupessy like they always do when we concede goals. but Reach kept emptying the midfield to press high up and left a massive whole in it that first 20 mins. And his passing was terrible all game. Suppose given how well he did at Reading was just disappointed he couldn't follow it up.

Pelpessy should be considered a squad player at best, and not a first choice player. 

Reach out wide left - unless FF is fit. If he is, then we need to find space for both of them.

Onomah should replace Pelpussey if anyone. 

The balance of the team is critical for us to move forward. 

Playing the best players needs to be JL's priority.

27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

They're completely different players.  It's like saying Lees and Nuhiu will battle for the same position.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

They're completely different players.  It's like saying Lees and Nuhiu will battle for the same position.

They are. but Jos is trying to play Reach in Onomahs position. that's my point. That's why Reach was like a fish out of water yesterday. and if he insists on playing reach there then he has to do it better or it's onomah every game.

I wouldn't write Reach off after yesterday's performance. 

But I'd tend to agree, that there's serious competition for him now, in Onomah.

In central areas, they are VERY similar players. Direct runners whose strengths lie going up and down the pitch.

Unless Reach moves out wide, if Onomah plays, then Reach doesn't. (unless of course we're chasing a game, or playing a Rotherham type (a team who'll sit in) at home)

9 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I wouldn't write Reach off after yesterday's performance. 

But I'd tend to agree, that there's serious competition for him now, in Onomah.

In central areas, they are VERY similar players. Direct runners whose strengths lie going up and down the pitch.

Unless Reach moves out wide, if Onomah plays, then Reach doesn't. (unless of course we're chasing a game, or playing a Rotherham type (a team who'll sit in) at home)

Exactly. We chasing the game does what he did yesterday and brings off Pelupessy who gives us the least in possession.

I reckon no problem having both on the pitch at once. Any two from Reach, Joey and Onomah will work together ok.

Wouldn’t want to see Reach dropped at all after a couple of average-to-poor showings by his standards, but maybe he actually needs a rest? The 40-week shift he put in last season was downright phenomenal. Last thing we need is to run him into the ground.

• Like 2

I was impressed with Onomah when he came on, he looks like the powerful direct player we’ve been missing 

I like Reach too, but two things concern me with him. He consistently goes half hearted into challenges, and always seems to play with the brakes on for some reason 

58 minutes ago, torres said:

I would like to see him start against Forest. 

Me too but it's not either or for me either. Onomah has pace to burn and he got his foot in too. I was hoping he would be introduced and delighted he was. Reach did not have his best game but he has improved enormously over the past seasons and blossomed game by game. I would see Onomah replacing Matias who is a luxury we cannot afford - goal or no goal - so simple.

I am excited by Onomah.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Reach out wide left - unless FF is fit. If he is, then we need to find space for both of them.

Onomah should replace Pelpussey if anyone. 

The balance of the team is critical for us to move forward. 

Playing the best players needs to be JL's priority.

Your last 2 sentences are a bit contradictory.