Onomah And Reach.

On 16/09/2018 at 21:22, pazowl55 said:

Think these two will battle it out for the same position.

Onomah looked lively when he come on yesterday. Think he may have a bit of Kieran Lee about him. Someone who will go box to box all game, get forward and take the game to the opposition.

Think if I was Reach though I would be worried that I maybe on the bench on Wednesday.

Penney even proved he can be as effective as him running down that wing and carrying to ball.

Reach needs to improve on that performance and fast as it was one of his worst for us.

Competition for places is a good thing.

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway
  • Like 1

For a player of Reach’s ability, tireless running isn’t enough. He has the talent, but he needs to get more involved on the ball, and make things happen. Perhaps that’s one of the things Jos was alluding to, when he said we shouldnt just rely on Bannan. It could also be the reason he wanted  Lucas Piazon 

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For a player of Reach’s ability, tireless running isn’t enough. He has the talent, but he needs to get more involved on the ball, and make things happen. Perhaps that’s one of the things Jos was alluding to, when he said we shouldnt just rely on Bannan. It could also be the reason he wanted  Lucas Piazon 

Yeah believe his dig was aimed more at the forward players rather then the defensive ones. Reach's levels will need to rise now as Onomah will be in for him otherwise.

Matias needs to show more on the ball also. done well in last few games but that's more because of his disaplined performances rather than anything he has done in an attacking sense.

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Yeah believe his dig was aimed more at the forward players rather then the defensive ones. Reach's levels will need to rise now as Onomah will be in for him otherwise.

Matias needs to show more on the ball also. done well in last few games but that's more because of his disaplined performances rather than anything he has done in an attacking sense.

Yeah and my point was in no way meant to slate Reach He’s a very good player, but someone who could easily be even better, and that’s the thing, for us to improve, we need to turn our good players, into great players

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah and my point was in no way meant to slate Reach He’s a very good player, but someone who could easily be even better, and that’s the thing, for us to improve, we need to turn our good players, into great players

I know what you mean about Adam Reach. He is a good player but there’s still plenty of development with him. We definitely played a 4-2-3-1 formation at the weekend and I don’t think he has the tactical awareness about him and the ability to play in tight areas to be a number 10. He is better in wide areas where he can run.

Im sure Onomah will come into the midfield and Id rather us play a more conventional 4-3-3 model where Bannan and Onomah play ahead of a defensive midfielder. Whilst you won’t agree, I think Reach will play in wide attack as he will give us running from wide areas but he will give the team defensive work rate. If this is the case, then there will be a scramble for attacking places. Ideally, I’d like to see a fit Hooper down the middle being flanked by Joao and FF but Reach will be hard to drop. 

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this Reach chap the one who played every game last season, AND was voted Player of the Year? 

"Oh, Fortune, how so fickle" specially if you're a Wednesday player..

correct. that's why is so disappointing he should be putting in Bannan type performances. not have all us talking about him potentially getting dropping.