Dom Howson not a Pelupessy fan

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

And you have with Joey?

it shouldn’t even be a debate. Overall Jones is a better player, his career proves that. Jos is obviously going with youth 

and just for the record I’m not even a Jones fan 

I'm not a Pelpessy fan but i'd play him before Jones. 

That new lad looks to the best option. 

Pelupessy didn't have a good game yesterday but to be fair he didn't have a great deal of help in the centre of the park. Bannan as usual was heavily involved but we we played an attacking front 3 plus Reach in an advanced midfield role. Reach failed to get involved enough when we had the ball and did little to affect the time and space that Woods had on the ball for Stoke which allowed him to supply a strong Stoke attack. 

JP has improved in recent games and don't think he deserves to be dropped based on yesterdays performance. Jones would be an option but did himself no favours with a very poor display against Villarreal in pre-season and was average against Wolves in the cup. Onomah looks capable of being a box to box midfielder which might help alongside Bannan and JP but would mean a change of shape from yesterday and a different role for Reach. 

Anybody that has watched and understands football wouldn’t be a fan. Can’t see him starting many now, unless his uncle Jos changes the formation to accommodate him. 

Surely the dig Jos made about players taking the easy option and looking to Bannan has him top of the list. 

11 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Anybody that has watched and understands football wouldn’t be a fan. Can’t see him starting many now, unless his uncle Jos changes the formation to accommodate him. 

Surely the dig Jos made about players taking the easy option and looking to Bannan has him top of the list. 

There’s a moment in the highlights where he has the ball with about 20 yards of green grass in front of him. 

Instead of moving forward he tickles a 2 yard pass to Bannan who promptly picks up the ball and runs forward 20 yards to create a chance (maybe Joao’s First half strike)

Thats symptomatic of our play this season. Very few taking responsibility and Bannan bailing them out

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

What about when he brilliantly tackled their man and gave it to Reach to thunder in a shot?

He is not great, in particular he is limited going forward, but he is working super-hard. He didn’t give the Stoke midfielders a second. 

You also have to question whether a midfield of Joey-Bannan-Reach, which has suffered one defeat in 13, needs changing. Perhaps adding Onomah at the expense of Matias some games, but I can’t see an ounce of logic in dropping Joey. 

Results matter more than impressions.

Guest Jack the Hat
12 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I genuinely don’t know who Dom Howson is. 

Even a quick ‘google’ didn’t shed much light. 

He's Vice President of the USA. His mum invented the post it note. Your welcome.

Pelupessy was very bad yesterday on the ball. But we all knew that about him. and this is why everybody thinks he played so bad. Reach was just a bad on the ball and he is suppose to be good on it. 

Apart from maybe to many fouls Pelupessy didn't play that bad. made some good tackles like he always does. covered the ground and took up good positions. the midfield fell apart because of Reach not Pelupessy.

4 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Everybody was singing his praises against Reading, one average game and all of a sudden he’s poo. 

This years scapegoat!

Didn't have a great game but neither did a lot of our players.

This summed it up perfectly for me on Saturday,

Fletcher had a shot but sliced it so bad that it should of been served with a coffee!

Couple of Oooo's nowt much else, 

The Ball then loops in the air with plenty of spin much harder than the simple cross Fletcher got,

JP has a crack and slices it aswell (not as bad as Fletcher) and the whole north stand Danny Dyer section lost it! Thought the lad 2 rows behind me was gonna cry! 

:duntmatter:

It would appear that the only one who appreciates the role Peluppessy is playing is a certain Barry Bannan, who himself praised the support he gets from JP.

Didn't manage to get to the game yesterday, but from the highlights, one thing stood out for me, and I've seen this before. Stoke,who were relegated from the Premiership last season, because they weren't good enough, seemed as a side, to be so much FASTER on the ball. I've often thought that, no matter who we play, our change from defence to attack, and visa-versa, we seem to be so pedestrian in the change compared with many clubs. It's as though we are using a manual gear box instead of automatic to change our thought. We often complain about distribution from the GK out, and this was always a complaint levelled at Westwood, now it's Dawson, yet both GKs have tried often tondistibute fast, but our players seem to simply amble away from goal.  It's not simply a case of having slow wing-backs  the whole team seems to play tis way. It's time fo them to step up not take a breather. 

Joey had a good second half. First twenty minutes he was man marking Joe Allen who moved out the centre leaving our central midfield completely empty. Presumably it was a deliberate tactic from the management team but it didn't work. We looked a damn sight better once he started playing as a normal central midfielder. Reach ended up doing the marking from then on and nullified his own game so now we've got threads about how Reach did nowt.It's almost as if dedicating your play time to a defensive marking role prevents you being an attacking force, who knew?

I think JP is our version of Montgomery for the pigs 

Managers pick them, for the simple reason they are easy to manage. Attitude is faultless, the trouble is they are usually very limited footballers 

When a manager says “they do things the fans don’t see” it usually means he’s rubbish. 

Earn your money and manage Hutchinson-tell him to not tackle everything that moves like a wasp on acid!! 

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 03:03, Daniel The Owl said:

Is he? How many times have you seen him play there? And I don’t think it’s comical people saying a ball playing centre half is an option for defensive midfield as that’s certainly a better fit than playing an attacking midfielder there, and he certainly isn’t one of our worst players just needs time to settle in and a decent run in the side without injuries 

I watched him a couple of time for Villa last season and have seen him play for the under 21's - he is more of a Kante type than a attacking midfielder. If I'm honest I think he is more of a Joey type than a Lee.

I don't think he'll have any problem playing along side Bannan in fact I think it will work.

I would go:

Dawson. 

Hutchinson-Lees-Thorniley-Penney

Onomah-Bannan

Matias-Reach-Forestieri 

---------Joao 

36 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I watched him a couple of time for Villa last season and have seen him play for the under 21's - he is more of a Kante type than a attacking midfielder. If I'm honest I think he is more of a Joey type than a Lee.

I don't think he'll have any problem playing along side Bannan in fact I think it will work.

I would go:

Dawson. 

Onomah-Bannan

Matias-Reach-Forestieri 

---------Joao 

Think Jos would like both in the team to allow Bannan to push further forward.

39 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I would go:

Dawson. 

Onomah-Bannan

Matias-Reach-Forestieri 

---------Joao 

I don't see why we are looking to change the team around after 10 points from 12?