Dom Howson not a Pelupessy fan

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

I don't see why we are looking to change the team around after 10 points from 12?

We cant play this team anyway as FF is suspended.

I think we should change Pessy for Onomah as he was poor and Onomah looked good when he came on.

Id swap Hutch for Palmer as hutch is better ! Plus I think Hutch should be captain.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

I don't see why we are looking to change the team around after 10 points from 12?

Some of ‘em wanted it changing after 9 from 9 mate.

10 from 12 is a disaster.

Agree 100%. 

Matches are 11 starters and some subs. Jos seems to be getting both absolutely coch-on right now.

Watched the extendeds last night and Joey was everywhere. You miss so much detail at the matchits easy to draw hasty conclusions. However, he was pretty dreadful going forward, and his shooting was “Interesting”. But we scored two against a very sharp Stoke. No worries.

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We cant play this team anyway as FF is suspended.

I think we should change Pessy for Onomah as he was poor and Onomah looked good when he came on.

Id swap Hutch for Palmer as hutch is better ! Plus I think Hutch should be captain.

You think Hutch did anything in those first 3 games that warrants changing a team with 10 from 12?

He was very poor.

On 15/09/2018 at 22:10, coreyswfc said:

He does seem to do a lot of running but having no impact in the game .

Wasn't it Joey with that bit of a crunching tackle 5/6 yards out of Stoke's area to win the ball and create a shooting opportunity for Reach late on...?

Thing is he definatley does have a good crunching tackle in his locker he just doesn't show it enough ,then again  maybe he's worried about getting sent off??, or he's under orders from the boss to keep it calm, so as to not be getting booked too often and not give silly free kicks away. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

You think Hutch did anything in those first 3 games that warrants changing a team with 10 from 12?

He was very poor.

And going right back. Carlos move. shoe horning in the better players. Reach for Penney is also a Carlos shoehorn move to solve the Onomah issue.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He was very poor.

He was played as a false 9, then sweeper then attacking RM. Don't think he was helped at all. Given a position (CH RB or CM) he is streets ahead of players playing there currently (Tom Lees, Liam Palmer & Joey Pelupessy).

So you may have a point with the first 3 games but there is a bigger picture here.

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

he is streets ahead of players playing there currently (Tom Lees, Liam Palmer & Joey Pelupessy).

vs Lees: Sam looked ok for a few games at centerback along side Lees. I don't think anyone in the right mind would drop Lees for Hutch,let alone claim Hutch was 'streets ahead'.

vs Palmer: I don't think Sam's kicked a ball for us at right back, if ever in his entire career. If he plays right back like he plays defensive mid, he's be a penalty factory.

vs Pessy: The only sensible debate of the 3. The question comes down to discipline i think. Pessy is incredibly disciplined. With Bannan's forward focus and Reach being largely absent defensively in most games, not just against Stoke, Pessy usually ends up with 2 players to deal with. He tries and doesn't always succeed, and that's part of why people claim he's terrible. Hutch would get sent off every time he went on the pitch if asked to do what Pessy does. He'd be thru the back of someone in the first half hour, every time, because our current defensive mid gets very little support from his fellow midfielders. Hutch would compensate by diving in.

So no, I'd stick with Pessy for now. A three of Pessy, Bannan and Onomah/Lee would be fine imo as while Lee and Onomah are more forwards minded they have the workrate and commitment to defend, unlike Reach.

29 year old Sam, is unreliable in terms of both discipline and injury. He's not a rock to build a side around and he is far too reckless to be a captain.

The same article gave Penney a 6... that’s right, our left back who has been consistently excellent and got into the WhoScored.com Championship team of the week a 6. 

Imagine if he ever said anything positive about Wednesday, instead of continually having wee wee on his cornflakes and taking it out on whatever small negative is happening this week. I see he did an article about Bannan possibly getting suspended for a game... if you are reading this, then please f.uck right off Dom!

37 minutes ago, cookeh said:

vs Lees: Sam looked ok for a few games at centerback along side Lees. I don't think anyone in the right mind would drop Lees for Hutch,let alone claim Hutch was 'streets ahead'.

vs Palmer: I don't think Sam's kicked a ball for us at right back, if ever in his entire career. If he plays right back like he plays defensive mid, he's be a penalty factory.

vs Pessy: The only sensible debate of the 3. The question comes down to discipline i think. Pessy is incredibly disciplined. With Bannan's forward focus and Reach being largely absent defensively in most games, not just against Stoke, Pessy usually ends up with 2 players to deal with. He tries and doesn't always succeed, and that's part of why people claim he's terrible. Hutch would get sent off every time he went on the pitch if asked to do what Pessy does. He'd be thru the back of someone in the first half hour, every time, because our current defensive mid gets very little support from his fellow midfielders. Hutch would compensate by diving in.

So no, I'd stick with Pessy for now. A three of Pessy, Bannan and Onomah/Lee would be fine imo as while Lee and Onomah are more forwards minded they have the workrate and commitment to defend, unlike Reach.

29 year old Sam, is unreliable in terms of both discipline and injury. He's not a rock to build a side around and he is far too reckless to be a captain.

I have to disagree with all of this to be honest.

9 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Wasn't it Joey with that bit of a crunching tackle 5/6 yards out of Stoke's area to win the ball and create a shooting opportunity for Reach late on...?

Thing is he definatley does have a good crunching tackle in his locker he just doesn't show it enough ,then again  maybe he's worried about getting sent off??, or he's under orders from the boss to keep it calm, so as to not be getting booked too often and not give silly free kicks away. 

If we judge someone on 1 tackle god help us.

Doom is back on board. 

JOEY PELUPESSY 8

Made a big difference to the balance of the midfield. Worked his socks off in the centre, enabling Wednesday's flair players to strut their stuff. The Dutchman broke up play effectively and whipped in a delightful cross for Fletcher's header.