OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes but you can sign 5 players (loans and frees) when in an embargo. Precedent was set with Birmingham this season.

Free transfers and loans on no more than 10k pw

Edited by s6 owl

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I mentioned him completely by chance but now realise he played under Steve Bruce at Hull City, its got me thinking......:laugh:

Could be player that was not available, type of presence we need in midfield.

53 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher doesn’t have the all round game to bring others into play, but hey, that’s only my opinion

He's the best we have at the club for that exact role. Shame others aren't on his wavelength at times as he's a very intelligent footballer. 

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Of top of my head I'd say van aken, fox, matias permanents and loans we won't be paying anywhere near 10k for Hector or Onomah. 

Think you will be surprised just how much players actually earn now. even the mediocre ones.  

must be paying 10k a piece for Hector and Onomah I would have thought and that's probably only a percentage of their wage.

Check out all Bolton and Rotherhams signings that's about what you get now for under 10k.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think you will be surprised just how much players actually earn now. even the mediocre ones.  

must be paying 10k a piece for Hector and Onomah I would have thought and that's probably only a percentage of their wage.

Check out all Bolton and Rotherhams signings that's about what you get now for under 10k.

I doubt we'll be paying anywhere near that for the loan players, in fact wouldn't be surprised if we were paying 0 towards them.

The recent Dutch buys and the Portuguese ones will be on a pittance compared to what the rest earn and under 10k. Joao will be over that now but Matias is still on his first deal here and I'd say he's on 5k which probably doubled his salary from Portugal.

Van Aken won't be on much more than 6 and Pelupessy likely be under but pushing 10.

Longer serving players like nuhiu and Palmer won't be on much either compared.

Average wage in this division is about 8k I'd reckon. Although that's only going to go up with influx of cash.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I doubt we'll be paying anywhere near that for the loan players, in fact wouldn't be surprised if we were paying 0 towards them.

The recent Dutch buys and the Portuguese ones will be on a pittance compared to what the rest earn and under 10k. Joao will be over that now but Matias is still on his first deal here and I'd say he's on 5k which probably doubled his salary from Portugal.

Van Aken won't be on much more than 6 and Pelupessy likely be under but pushing 10.

Longer serving players like nuhiu and Palmer won't be on much either compared.

Average wage in this division is about 8k I'd reckon. Although that's only going to go up with influx of cash.

Be surprised if we are paying nothing towards Hector and Onomah as there would have been other clubs that would have.

Probably not to far off the others. Think Matias's wage would surprise a few though personally think he is on more than 10k easy. when you are the second best Portuguese scorer behind Ronaldo and you get your big move. you ask for more than 10k a week. 

Anyway my point is 10k gets you nothing these days unless you can pick up a couple of gems like derby have in Mount and Wilson on loan. who would both easily be on under 10k

7 hours ago, fpowl said:

I think me and you might watch a different fletcher 

Fletcher gives us muscle upfront like hutch does in midfield. He’s our best striker at attacking a cross and his hold up play is actually very good. 

Hes been isolated or up there on his own or been left to deal with the long balls into him

I think he’s got more pace what everyone makes out too

Fletchers an excellent striker if utilised and supports right, get the players close to him and up supporting him he will be perfect for the other flair players  

not taking anything way way from the other strikers there all good but our best option is Fletcher 

Joao is too weak for it

Hooper needs to come deeper for it and is probably better in a front two 

Winnal is more of a hastler and finisher works his balls off but sometimes his passing lets him down he’s more instinct type

Pity Fletcher has David Blunkett as his shooting practice coach or he'd be actually dangerous as a frontman.  The only person he's dangerous to is the person sat in row H.

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes but you can sign 5 players (loans and frees) when in an embargo. Precedent was set with Birmingham this season.

Strict conditions though. One in, one out or something like that. Cap on the weekly wage or total value of deal. I’m sure it’s soenthing like 10k a week.

Like has been said you would have thought Bruce wouldn’t have agreed to the job if he knew there was no money to spend. I would be very happy if we bought in a couple of exciting loan signings in January. Hopefully then in the summer Bruce will have had enough time to assess the squad and we can strengthen properly in the summer. 

Guest wilyfox

Fulham are trying to return Timothy Fosu-Mensah to Man Utd. to free up space for Gary Cahill's arrival. After our enquiry for Holgate, I wonder if Brucey will make a call for Fosu-Mensah on loan if another prem club doesn't take him? 

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought Fletchers link play and getting the ball wide and on to supporting runners was superb on Tuesday.

Very underrated is Fletcher. He’s a top class front player and leader of the front line.

There’s more to being a striker than just scoring goals. Working defenders, pulling them out of position, holding up the ball until support arrives from midfield etc. Fletcher does it all well.

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Very underrated is Fletcher. He’s a top class front player and leader of the front line.

There’s more to being a striker than just scoring goals. Working defenders, pulling them out of position, holding up the ball until support arrives from midfield etc. Fletcher does it all well.

Exactly.

For me, there are only two things to moan about with Fletch. Firstly, his injuries, which at his age he can do little about and secondly, the fact that he has a much nicer car than us.........

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That is not quite accurate. The number of players you can sign depends on number in squad and wages are capped at a certain level which means choice of players available to you is limited.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Absolutely. I was reading the ratings on whoscored.com and saw Jutkewicz (Brum) top of the ratings list for December despite not scoring a goal during the month. His hold up play and ability to bring others in for an attack had been recognised and I think he's similar to Fletcher in that respect.

12 hours ago, Brommers said:

If we wait until summer, is it likely we'll be under an embargo again given what DC said at the recent forum?

Casbahowl - why the neg to my above comment, just curious like? Maybe I imagined DC's comment about us being an 8 figure sum outside FFP (or whatever it's called these days).