OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

If we sign players of Holgates quality I don’t care who it is pointing us in directions 

He is not a bad player and is better than we have previously looked at, just hope Bruce is directing who we are going for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Nope.

Was Mason Holgate.

May have been in for Holgate as well. I have no idea, but as I said we definitely, along with United asked Hudders about vlp’s avaliablity over a week ago. Lots of hudders players available and being touted round as they try to freshen the squad - would surprise me if we look at other players there.

What about Tommy Smith? Right back at Huddersfield? 

Currently behind Hadergjonaj as the first choice right back. I think Hadergjonaj is struggling so may be a non starter but my understanding is that they are looking to do a bit of business in January to freshen their team up.

50 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

What about Tommy Smith? Right back at Huddersfield? 

Currently behind Hadergjonaj as the first choice right back. I think Hadergjonaj is struggling so may be a non starter but my understanding is that they are looking to do a bit of business in January to freshen their team up.

Smith would be OK, but hopefully not Elmohamady Firstly, it goes against our policy of signing younger players, as he’s 31, and for a player who’s defensive attributes were never much good, his attacking abilities now seem to be on the wain

20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Linked or suggestion? 

suggestion.  seems surplus there. 

imagine Bruce will raid his old clubs. 

Now what would be funny is if Chelsea call back Abraham in order to sell him and it falls through. Then Bruce swoops in on deadline day and gets him on loan here.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

suggestion.  seems surplus there. 

imagine Bruce will raid his old clubs. 

Now what would be funny is if Chelsea call back Abraham in order to sell him and it falls through. Then Bruce swoops in on deadline day and gets him on loan here.

Prior to getting Abraham, Bruce was trying to get Brewster from Liverpool He could try again, as Abraham is now beyond most championship clubs I’d have thought

55 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Pretty confident there’s a precedent that means Abraham can’t leave Villa and play for anyone else due to having already appeared for Chelsea and their U21s - seems to be being ignored by the media atm. Small chance that Wolves sign him permanently and loan him back to either Villa or Chelsea as they’re the only clubs he can play for now I think.

• Thanks 1