OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Liverpool? Into firmino with runners moving off him. Granted he's more mobile.

You're right game has moved on. The 70s was lump it and chase it, not hold up play off the striker.

Fletcher doesn’t have the all round game to bring others into play, but hey, that’s only my opinion

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher doesn’t have the all round game to bring others into play, but hey, that’s only my opinion

Don't think he will be first choice under Bruce. But don't think he will be out the door either. Watch his last two Scotland performances. He was immense. 

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah I do, not many good sides play like that, the games moved on

Many top sides would benefit from an Andy Carroll scarecrow 

Chelsea are a good example atm ... Playing WengerBall, forced into side passing for 90mins. 

Why would opposition push up and allow Hazard & co space, to run in behind, if there's no aerial threat?

Why have a one dimensional attack, when you can have a three dimensional attack?

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think me and you might watch a different fletcher 

Fletcher gives us muscle upfront like hutch does in midfield. He’s our best striker at attacking a cross and his hold up play is actually very good. 

Hes been isolated or up there on his own or been left to deal with the long balls into him

I think he’s got more pace what everyone makes out too

Fletchers an excellent striker if utilised and supports right, get the players close to him and up supporting him he will be perfect for the other flair players  

not taking anything way way from the other strikers there all good but our best option is Fletcher 

Joao is too weak for it

Hooper needs to come deeper for it and is probably better in a front two 

Winnal is more of a hastler and finisher works his balls off but sometimes his passing lets him down he’s more instinct type

• Like 1