Our front two last night

Thought the front two ran around loads last night

Much of the time they were on the halfway line or in our own half trying to get a touch of the ball

Never really looked like threatening up front

Forestieri was sprinting round like a mad dog chasing a tennis ball around a field at full speed

I've gone off playing with two up front after seeing our whacky three up front system. Thought last night we looked fine apart from final third where there was absolutely nothing going on

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Kanye West said:

You know it was a bad game when your only compliment on your strikers is “thought they ran round loads last night” :laugh:

True

lol

Pretty much summed it up though

Loads of running around

The fans who like the Andy Booth's of this sport would have loved watching that.

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thought the front two ran around loads last night

Much of the time they were on the halfway line or in our own half trying to get a touch of the ball

Never really looked like threatening up front

Forestieri was sprinting round like a mad dog chasing a tennis ball around a field at full speed

I've gone off playing with two up front after seeing our whacky three up front system. Thought last night we looked fine apart from final third where there was absolutely nothing going on

It is strange really.

It's almost as if Fernando plays better in a three isn't it...

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It is strange really.

It's almost as if Fernando plays better in a three isn't it...

Yes you can get into that debate, and I don't like FF as one of two up front, but any forward line would have fared better with a better midfield.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
26 minutes ago, torres said:

They would both start for me on Saturday if fit 

With Joao in a front 3. Totally agree. How Nuhiu and Matias are playing in front of them is beyond me!

13 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Yes you can get into that debate, and I don't like FF as one of two up front, but any forward line would have fared better with a better midfield.

Couldn't agree more Oxon no driving runs from midfield and FF dropping short to try to link up left Fletcher isolated. Midfield were very lightweight and static. 

100% agree, FF and SF’s Work rate was superb, winning the ball back for us on several occasions.now here is the negative side of that...........teams like Liverpool have their strikers do the exact same thing and rely on strikers work rate tracking back to launch counter attacks. When FF and SF won the ball back invariably the ball was then either passed back to the crab who then passed it back to wildsmith or it was passed to the blancmange Boyd for a quick counter attack who then in turn fell over. Moral of the story is if your strikers are prepared to work hard for the team defensively you Have to have pace from wide areas and midfield to benefit from this and last night we didn’t 

24 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I also agree with both points In respect of the midfield, however is it just a case of not having enough quality, or simply poor tactics? Sure, we could do with more quality all over the field, but shouldn’t we be able to do something with the available players? We have Hutchinson, Bannan, Pelupessy, Jones, Boyd and Reach available to construct a midfield three from. Most managers could produce something from that