Our front two last night

Didn’t help that there was no one capable of playing a decent ball to them, but you’re right, FF can’t play as one of two upfront.

3 up top (currently I would have FF, Fletcher and Joao) with Bannan plus 2 in the middle (think Jones was no worse than Pelupessy last night. I like Reach but not sure 3 man midfield suits him) is the way I would go.

Effort and Quality must compliment each other. One without the other gets us nowhere. Jos has made his point he now needs to be pragmatic and take a sensible path.

Unlike Pelu, Hutch and Nando have little to prove. Both should be a key component of improved results. That is not to say that some of the youngsters have not been a resounding success, we should not over tax them though. Of those ready for the knackers yard off they go, I won't insult them by naming them.   

39 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Effort and Quality must compliment each other. One without the other gets us nowhere. Jos has made his point he now needs to be pragmatic and take a sensible path.

Unlike Pelu, Hutch and Nando have little to prove. Both should be a key component of improved results. That is not to say that some of the youngsters have not been a resounding success, we should not over tax them though. Of those ready for the knackers yard off they go, I won't insult them by naming them.   

You can only judge players on there recent results.

1st 3 league games with Hutch and FF 

w-0

d-1

L-2

Without

W-2

Stats eh!.lol

FF started doing a Bannan, coming ridiculously deep to collect the ball just to get a touch.

Partly due to Boyd supplying nothing from out wide - should've moved him central and told him to dig in there, Jones needed another outlet option that wasn't slightly behind him.

7 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

You had SF and FF playing in a team that was made of a few experienced players all low on confidence and some young lads with less than 10 games between them. Only Jos could have envisaged that working never mind the switch in formation again.

To be honest if he cared how that game panned out he wouldn't have made 11 changes would he.