The Six Match Ticket Bundle

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is it that's causing this offer not to be taken up?

Less than 50 sold to date - would have expected way more sales than that

Are people fully aware that this offer is on?

I’ll stick my neck out and say it’s probably because for the south stand it works out at £37 a match which is too much money to watch a championship football match.

The reason fans don't buy season tickets is because it's a lot of money  up front for games you may not be able to attend. Due to work or whatever.

Those same reasons exist for this deal.

So people still won't buy them due to the fact they may not be able to attend 6 matches.

Hence why people POTG.

7 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Paid £31 yesterday in north as a silver member and guess that will be an average price i will pay buying as and when i attend

the 6 match bundle for me in north at £180 works out £30 per match 

so i save .....£1 per match ..........but have to lump £180 up front

no real incentive is it ???  

It’s ridiculous when put like that. 

personally speaking, and I’m sure it’s yhe case for numerous others - I can’t commit to attending 6 games pre-Chrimbo.   

Make it for the full season (can’t understand why it isn’t anyway), along with a full a proper (rather than token gesture) advertising campaign and I’d be hopeful we’ll sell loads more.

Edited by pingybop

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is it that's causing this offer not to be taken up?

Less than 50 sold to date - would have expected way more sales than that

Are people fully aware that this offer is on?

Quite simple it's too expensive, right idea wrong pricing structures, like most of the ideas we have had this season.

£150 for 6 games or £25 a game let's say it is cheap but for every 1000 they sell that's £150,000 they didn't have before.

But the club over price them because of season ticket prices so no one buys them another wasted opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

yep even more so when i tell you ive just checked and the bundle is £185 not £ 180

so overall for 6 games at £31 i save ...............£1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no real incentive is it???!!!

I rarely pay full attention to ticket prices or ticket deals as with a season ticket it doesn’t affect me, but this almost beggars belief!!

Who the hell has come up with this? How has it got to the public domain without anyone asking questions and stating what you’ve just explained. (I doubt it took you long to check) 

The club infuriates me to despair at times. 

14 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The problem is that some people have already ‘switched off’ when it comes to attending games (due to prices). 

Those people don’t even consider going anymore. We’ve lost them. 

Correctamondo...that’s most of my mates tbh..there simply isn’t thousands of fans chomping at the bit to attend home games..waiting for a couple of quid to be knocked off the price..

Derby vs Blackburn - their cat B game is £29 POTD in their equivalent of our South Stand (there is a more expensive ticket around the executive boxes). 

Our mid range cat D is £39.

However they operate a fixed pricing model, with prices for matches being set approximately six to seven weeks prior to each League fixture. Prices increase on a home matchday by £3 for Adults and £2 for Concessions.

Maybe this is a better way of discounting POTD tickets?

12 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

yep even more so when i tell you ive just checked and the bundle is £185 not £ 180

so overall for 6 games at £31 i save ...............£1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no real incentive is it???!!!

That can't be right - have you got your maths right on this one?

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The problem is that some people have already ‘switched off’ when it comes to attending games (due to prices). 

Those people don’t even consider going anymore. We’ve lost them. 

I can understand that , most fans have a threshold and DC has gone beyond it , I just hope it’s temporary and when sense is restored and prices drop below £30 interest returns .

Just now, Animis said:

Derby vs Blackburn - their cat B game is £29 POTD in their equivalent of our South Stand (there is a more expensive ticket around the executive boxes). 

Our mid range cat D is £39.

However they operate a fixed pricing model, with prices for matches being set approximately six to seven weeks prior to each League fixture. Prices increase on a home matchday by £3 for Adults and £2 for Concessions.

Maybe this is a better way of discounting POTD tickets?

It's all so complex and confusing

Owlstalk Shop

I’ve been a member for the last 3 seasons or so and given that silly £90 membership, I’m not going down that road. 

I will buy a 6 match bundle when I get back from holiday - there’s some good home games before Christmas so it is worth it. £180 for 6 games in the kop is ok without paying for the membership. 

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Most casual fans will target a game they are going to go too...not working..got nowt on the day after etc..wether it’s 30..33..is irrelevant..my next game is villa away..and I’ve no idea how much a ticket will be..but I’m going..that’s my mindset

That's true - as you, as the customer has deemed the game/day out as an event where you expect to have a good day out and money is probably a secondary interest. This is the problem of football club owners now, as they think all fans think like this throughout the season but in reality they are one offs. Blackpool could double the away ticket prices for away fans but i doubt it would have much impact as fans have always treated it as a weekend away.