The Six Match Ticket Bundle

However it’s dressed up, 50 sold is quite frankly embarrassing.

I don’t think Mr Chansiri will be in a rush to put a match ticket bundle on offer for the fans again if this is the sort of return he gets.

Simply not worth the hassle.

Edited by TrickyTrev

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

However it’s dressed up, 50 sold is quite frankly embarrassing.

I don’t think Mr Chansiri will be in a rush to put a match ticket bundle on offer for the fans again if this is the sort of return he gets.

Simply not worth the hassle.

That’s right blame the customers for not buying a poo product. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Does it? Wouldn’t a £25 per match POTG still be close to a 25% premium on the equivalent ST per match price?

Yes would this make membership £20 a game though ? Or what would the point be in buying one if not , just potg every week 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Scrap membership, scrap categories, scrap 6 match bundles

POTG

Kop - £25 - Season Ticket = £120 saved

North - £30 - Season Ticket = £135 saved

South - £35 - Season Ticket = £165 saved

It isnt rocket science - and it gets rid of our current 455 different pricing options. People can plan their entire season in advance

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes would this make membership £20 a game though ? Or what would the point be in buying if not one , just potg every week 

Membership...there’s another f00kin nonsense. But taking your point they will have spent £90 to get the saving so would have to attend 18 games to match the season ticket price, which means they probably deserve the same price.

12 hours ago, torres said:

I think it was decently publicised without great effort going into it. Would people who don’t look at the website/twitter be aware??

It’s introduction was possibly done at the time when the casual fan was less than enamoured by the club - no signings, no wins, embargo, etc. 

Maybe another push now after 2 wins and things off the field looking slightly more stable could be beneficial. 

I’d like to know why people haven’t taken it up - I still think the price is the biggest barrier for the casual fan to get over 

I have to look at it this way, it costs me on average about 100 quid for tickets, match, train, tram, bus, and taxi  (no late buses), so 600 quid before Christmas, it's a non starter for me.

If it was over a Season it's still expensive but doable. 

13 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

POTG

It isnt rocket science - and it gets rid of our current 455 different pricing options. People can plan their entire season in advance

The way forward to lower POTG prices is obviously reducing our high season ticket prices - having just one renewal price and one new purchase price. Scrap the phase 1, 2 etc etc 

The reason why our season tickets are high?? DC knows he can milk the loyalty of season ticket holders.

The rest of these ideas they come up with just seem half baked 

27 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

POTG

That's it

Just simple.

Scrap the overcomplex grid of different categories, tiers, memberships and schemes and simplify it 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's it

Just simple.

Scrap the overcomplex grid of different categories, tiers, memberships and schemes and simplify it 

And put the entire seasons tickets up for sale at sthe start of the season

Yes you might have a few refunds to do for rearranged games - but the money is in the clubs account from the beginning of the season

The problem is, even if he did sort the prices out, it would not fix things overnight.

It will take a while for the disenfranchised to return, and if they don't return immediately, you get the usual suspects saying the Chairmans high prices are vindicated.

Any plans now have to be based around the long term bigger picture. Pick a sensible  pricing structure and stick to it.

No more silly schemes.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The problem is, even if he did sort the prices out, it would not fix things overnight.

It will take a while for the disenfranchised to return, and if they don't return immediately, you get the usual suspects saying the Chairmans high prices are vindicated.

Any plans now have to be based around the long term bigger picture. Pick a sensible  pricing structure and stick to it.

No more silly schemes.

Absolutely

It saddens me that I know a fair few (my son included) who chose not to come these days just because of the pricing - my lad doesnt even look at the cost of games any more as he 'just knows it will be ridiculous'.

Hes 23 and been home and away with me all his life - but on Saturday even though we had a spare season ticket he went out for the day with his girlfriend. Hes really lost his love for it

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

It saddens me that I know a fair few (my son included) who chose not to come these days just because of the pricing - my lad doesnt even look at the cost of games any more as he 'just knows it will be ridiculous'.

There's the thing

Pretty much the only way to combat that is by being top 6 in the Championship (which is the plan I assume)

Owlstalk Shop

We should base the product(s) on the market rates, with ours being the championship.

He doesn't do this and that's his prerogative, but he should know that the pricing needs to reflect the product on the pitch and he's ignored the last 12 months and kept the prices (artificially) high. This is now starting to affect our revenue - gates are down, and whilst they are variables for this, I do believe pricing is the main one.

If DC was on the TUF board, he would see all the KPIs/dashboard information on the business performance. Can you imagine being presented with sales dropping against their competitors, the board saying 'sod this, put Tuna at 50% more expensive than Princess'.

13 hours ago, Blatter said:

Middle category D is £33 for the Kop . Being the middle category you would expect price to average around that level.

The 6 game bundle is £180 or £30 per game. What appears to be a saving of £3/ game doesn’t represent good value if you need to shell out £180 in advance.

In reality there are just too many prices to make an accurate judgement of the value of this bundle, although it seems all but 50 have decided.

Absolutely ridiculous pricing ... you won't get many people to purchase this after p*ssing them off with the initial pricing in the first place

I'll throw high prices at them, and enough kick up a fuss, i'll backtrack and come up with some 2nd best pricing whereas if no-one moans, then you lot can fork out the expensive prices...

that coupled with rising costs in virtually everything to do with the club is really grating on fans and alienating loads ...

57 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Absolutely

Hes 23 and been home and away with me all his life - but on Saturday even though we had a spare season ticket he went out for the day with his girlfriend. Hes really lost his love for it

Presume he’s now up for adoption pal 

1 hour ago, torres said:

The way forward to lower POTG prices is obviously reducing our high season ticket prices - having just one renewal price and one new purchase price. Scrap the phase 1, 2 etc etc 

The reason why our season tickets are high?? DC knows he can milk the loyalty of season ticket holders.

The rest of these ideas they come up with just seem half baked 

Hit the nail on the head mate.

• Thanks 1