Forestieri off to Leeds

33 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

From a simple maths persepective he spent money he didn't have / couldnt get his hands on. 

Well if you believe the news reports he sent x amount of money every month from China to the UK to cover Villa's expenses, then the Chinese government being the Chinese government suddenly changed the rules about moving money from China with zero notice which left him stuck.

16 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Totally agree.

I support the club, not one player.

Absolutely.

Worrying amount of self entitlement and instant gratification has crept into our fanbase in recent times. 

I hope we keep Nando, but I'm not sacking the club off if he leaves. 

That's not how supporting a club works. 

52 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It doesn’t make sense then does it as we don’t look to be actually pushing players out of the door and we’re looking to recruit and extend some current players contracts and why would the embargo get lifted? Bloody daft situation IMO?

Maybe the loss of Loovens and Wallace from the wage bill coupled with the sale of Hunt and loan for Rhodes was enough to convince them that we're taking steps to trim costs?

Maybe they were convinced that D Taxis and Elev8 really exist and are paying top dollar for sponsorship?

Either way, getting out of the embargo buys us a bit of wiggle room in the short term, but unless we use the opportunity to wheel and deal our way out of longer term trouble, I'm sure we'll be back under embargo soon enough.

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Absolutely.

Worrying amount of self entitlement and instant gratification has crept into our fanbase in recent times. 

I hope we keep Nando, but I'm not sacking the club off if he leaves. 

That's not how supporting a club works. 

Selling to Leeds would be a sacking offence as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, it would be a hanging job.

Black cap and all.

Selling Nando would be bad enough, bearing in mind that we're paying inflated prices so that doesn't happen, but selling to Leeds would be the last straw.

The romance went out of football 50 years ago.

It's a business, and we're customers.

You don't sell your best player to a local rival and help them go to the PL.

You try to take 6 points off them and if you can nobble any of their better players to boot, so much the better.

Guest addedtime
5 hours ago, Watson said:

Can you unpack that statement a little more?  Why do you think it's for the better?  Financially do you mean, or he's not good enough for the team?

Unpack??????