Forestieri off to Leeds

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

£15m or above - cash in 

Leeds will be there or there abouts, we won’t 

Last year of his contract, recoup £15m and wisely respend, or play the long game and look after finances for a while 

I’m with whatever the club decides to do on this 

We're better off than we were in terms of points for last 3 seasons.

If we'd have started Fletcher and FF on Sat I genuinely believe we'd be talking about a 3 or 4 1 win.

Yes we may have lots of youth in the side but why can't we challenge?

A fit Fletcher is the best target man (Shame about his finishing) in the league. In FF we have the best inside forward when he's on it.

Hooper is one of the best link men, Joao has crazy skills, Bannan is best playmaker, Lees one of best defenders and Matias we don't really know what he's capable of.  Lee hopefully will be back soon and reinforcements are coming.

Piazon may be a replacement for FF ,who knows, but to say we can't compete is defeatest.  

If FF is bad for the dressing room and Piazon looks half the player I've seen on YT then it may not be bad. If its between losing FF + getting a more than adequate replacement or losing Bannan by not being able to afford a new contract then it's a no brainer.

Sign Piazon on a loan to buy for 2m, loan FF on a loan to buy 10m, sign Bannan and our other must keep out of contract players up to longer term contracts and get rid of dead wood end this season.  Books will be balanced and we'll still be competitive this season.

And if Leeds don't go up they'll be fckd on FFP with Bamford and FF signings.

Nice!

6 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Part of me thinks there could be summet in it due to the Argentinian links and he would suit Bielsa’s style. However, could they afford his wages? Highly debatable.

I live in Leeds and I would be mortally wounded if he went to them scrubbers. 

They won’t pay the wages why do you think Vydra never signed

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

With 15000 views on this, one of 1500 FF threads since he arrived, Is there a case for Owlstalk mods to cluster all the various comments relating to FF and other individual players under their name and have done. That would certainly help when checking who was ITK and who was TBS.

Good idea.

We'll get this all over again in January too.

8 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We're better off than we were in terms of points for last 3 seasons.

If we'd have started Fletcher and FF on Sat I genuinely believe we'd be talking about a 3 or 4 1 win.

Yes we may have lots of youth in the side but why can't we challenge?

A fit Fletcher is the best target man (Shame about his finishing) in the league. In FF we have the best inside forward when he's on it.

Hooper is one of the best link men, Joao has crazy skills, Bannan is best playmaker, Lees one of best defenders and Matias we don't really know what he's capable of.  Lee hopefully will be back soon and reinforcements are coming.

Piazon may be a replacement for FF ,who knows, but to say we can't compete is defeatest.  

If FF is bad for the dressing room and Piazon looks half the player I've seen on YT then it may not be bad. If its between losing FF + getting a more than adequate replacement or losing Bannan by not being able to afford a new contract then it's a no brainer.

Sign Piazon on a loan to buy for 2m, loan FF on a loan to buy 10m, sign Bannan and our other must keep out of contract players up to longer term contracts and get rid of dead wood end this season.  Books will be balanced and we'll still be competitive this season.

And if Leeds don't go up they'll be fckd on FFP with Bamford and FF signings.

Nice!

Sorted then 

If I started a rumour that today is actually Tuesday, there would be folk panicking as to what happened to Monday. An Owlstalk Forum member is very unlikely to have access to the inner workings of Leeds United or SWFC, stick to the quality of the pies at Hillsborough, something that you do have access to.:stuwinky:

I’ve been of the opinion for sometime that the Chairman may look to sell up sooner or later? 

I find it hard to believe that he would sit around and fiddle while Rome burns and just rely on the small chance we may get promoted this season if we’re looking at serious sanctions next year?

There’s quite a lot that doesn’t really add up. Supposedly to stay within P&S we have to cut the wage bill. We have done to a certain extent but we’ve been under a transfer embargo since April yet recently it was lifted despite little to no movement of players out. If we’re looking at sanctions next season what’s the point of lifting them now? 

We’re being actively linked with players. According to Mr Nixon we have been actively asking for new players in all positions. We’re also prepared to offer Barry Bannan an improved contract. Surely the EFL wouldn’t stand idly by and let us continue to run up further losses?

We’ve obviously been able to satisfy the EFL’s concerns some way or we would still be under the embargo? My gut feeling is there is something happening behind the scenes and it involves either some fresh money coming in alongside Chansiri or a Takeover? Personally I think it’s a Takeover but it’s just a guess as I’m not ITK and probably never will be? :huh:

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve been of the opinion for sometime that the Chairman may look to sell up sooner or later? 

I find it hard to believe that he would sit around and fiddle while Rome burns and just rely on the small chance we may get promoted this season if we’re looking at serious sanctions next year?

There’s quite a lot that doesn’t really add up. Supposedly to stay within P&S we have to cut the wage bill. We have done to a certain extent but we’ve been under a transfer embargo since April yet recently it was lifted despite little to no movement of players out. If we’re looking at sanctions next season what’s the point of lifting them now? 

We’re being actively linked with players. According to Mr Nixon we have been actively asking for new players in all positions. We’re also prepared to offer Barry Bannan an improved contract. Surely the EFL wouldn’t stand idly by and let us continue to run up further losses?

We’ve obviously been able to satisfy the EFL’s concerns some way or we would still be under the embargo? My gut feeling is there is something happening behind the scenes and it involves either some fresh money coming in alongside Chansiri or a Takeover? Personally I think it’s a Takeover but it’s just a guess as I’m not ITK and probably never will be? :huh:

What difference would a takeover or fresh money make?

We'd still be operating within the same P&S restrictions, with the same amount of operating losses hanging over our heads, wouldn't we?

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What difference would a takeover or fresh money make?

We'd still be operating within the same P&S restrictions, with the same amount of operating losses hanging over our heads, wouldn't we?

Not sure? It may start again under fresh ownership. Villa seem to be operating a bit more freely since their recent cash injection?