Forestieri off to Leeds

9 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

With 15000 views on this, one of 1500 FF threads since he arrived, Is there a case for Owlstalk mods to cluster all the various comments relating to FF and other individual players under their name and have done. That would certainly help when checking who was ITK and who was TBS.

Yes there should be a section for SWFC players where all comments relating to that player are posted in their individual thread.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Yeah yeah, of course they have. 

Take the blinkers off. He needs to go and it’s for the better

You've been claiming he's off for the last 6 months. 

In fact the only thing you ever post about is him leaving. 

Football has only itself to blame for allowing all the TV money to spoil the game..............two faced administrators with stupid rules like parachute payments to protect Prem clubs and their stupid spendings..............FFP rules to penalise those trying to become a Prem club..............madness.............creates an uneven playing field in the Championship

12 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not sure? It may start again under fresh ownership. Villa seem to be operating a bit more freely since their recent cash injection?

I don't think it starts again. 

I don't know the ins and outs of Villa's situation, but I thought their issue was partly due to the previous owner struggling with cashflow.

As far as I'm aware, our issue isn't to do with a lack of money, more a lack of freedom to spend it under P&S rules.

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What difference would a takeover or fresh money make?

We'd still be operating within the same P&S restrictions, with the same amount of operating losses hanging over our heads, wouldn't we?

Not arguing these points, but what happened at Villla ? They were talking about administration, having to sell Grealish etc. Now it's all rosy and they're getting quality loan signings in again. 

I'm clearly not in the know, but I think a change in ownership is inevitable in the next couple of seasons. It might be rough ride at first, but better for all concerned in the long run.

13 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Yeah yeah, of course they have. 

Take the blinkers off. He needs to go and it’s for the better

A statement which divides opinion.

But if he does vacate these premises, not to Leeds.

It's our duty, as it's the Blades', to try to thwart Leeds' chances of promotion, not enhance them.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Not arguing these points, but what happened at Villla ? They were talking about administration, having to sell Grealish etc. Now it's all rosy and they're getting quality loan signings in again. 

I'm clearly not in the know, but I think a change in ownership is inevitable in the next couple of seasons. It might be rough ride at first, but better for all concerned in the long run.

Their issue was seemingly different to ours, in that their owner had run out of cash and was struggling to pay his staff's wages.

Their new investors have the cash to keep the club running, but they've also inherited the situation caused by the historic overspend, as would any new investors or owners at Wednesday.

27 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not sure? It may start again under fresh ownership. Villa seem to be operating a bit more freely since their recent cash injection?

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

No offence intended but really don't understand why people can't get their heads around the difference between us and Villa.

Villa are still receiving parachute payments, Villa were never in trouble for FFP/P&S (they may be next season?) but not yet.

Villa's issue was a £50m? tax bill they briefly couldn't pay because Dr Fruitloop couldn't get his money out of China, but he found new investors.

• Thanks 1

New investors or a sudden influx of cash isn't going to change the situation with regards to Profit and Sustainability. 

The club has overspent. 

Chansiri can pump all the money he wants in, but it doesn't matter as he's spent over the acceptable limits. 

That would apply to a new owner coming in. 

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't think it starts again. 

I don't know the ins and outs of Villa's situation, but I thought their issue was partly due to the previous owner struggling with cashflow.

As far as I'm aware, our issue isn't to do with a lack of money, more a lack of freedom to spend it under P&S rules.

Yes, that's my understanding too.

So if Sheikh Mansour took over at the New York, say, he wouldn't be able to spend what he wants as he does at City.

That would be determined by the Millers' turnover.

OK, the Millers could spend more than they are currently doing, but even though Mansour is far richer than Chansiri, he wouldn't be allowed to spend as much because our turnover is larger than Rotherham's.

The solution is to increase our turnover.

13 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

The same difference it has made to Aston Villa.

No it wouldn't.

They're two totally different situations. See my post above.

Villa are still operating under the same P&S rules and have to meet the same requirements on a rolling three year basis as before, but they still have parachute payments boosting their income.

The investment there helped cashflow. Unless that's an issue for Chansiri, investment in Wednesday won't make any difference to our financial situation.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

It doesn’t make sense then does it as we don’t look to be actually pushing players out of the door and we’re looking to recruit and extend some current players contracts and why would the embargo get lifted? Bloody daft situation IMO?

24 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

No offence intended but really don't understand why people can't get their heads around the difference between us and Villa.

Villa are still receiving parachute payments, Villa were never in trouble for FFP/P&S (they may be next season?) but not yet.

Villa's issue was a £50m? tax bill they briefly couldn't pay because Dr Fruitloop couldn't get his money out of China, but he found new investors.

No offence taken.

The Birmingham Mail had a different view, overshot it on loans like Snodgrass and Terry. 

From a simple maths persepective he spent money he didn't have / couldnt get his hands on. 

Your point about parachute payments emplifies their stupidity even more.

44 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Football has only itself to blame for allowing all the TV money to spoil the game..............two faced administrators with stupid rules like parachute payments to protect Prem clubs and their stupid spendings..............FFP rules to penalise those trying to become a Prem club..............madness.............creates an uneven playing field in the Championship

I agree with some of this, but the Premier League is the most popular league in the world and every club is in profit, so it's difficult to argue with the PL's strategy.

Also, don't forget what a big chunk of our revenue comes from PL solidarity payments.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Just now, Watson said:

Can you unpack that statement a little more?  Why do you think it's for the better?  Financially do you mean, or he's not good enough for the team?

Well, it can't be for footballing reasons in my opinion because I thought he changed the game at the weekend when he took to the field.