Wednesday fans cars broke into/smashed on Herries Road

2 hours ago, darra said:

Or could it be that the Police know that if they arrest somebody and they take hours filling in statements and forms there's a good chance they'll be given a caution or if taken to court get a meaningless fine which they might pay eventually or community service which they might or might not do. Bottom line is that to the victims it's a major crime to the Police it's way down the list of priorities. There was a retired Police chief on the radio the other day who said that unfortunately a lot of minor crimes go uninvestigated due to work pressures. He went on to say that over the last few years 40'000 police officers have been lost and not replaced. He also pointed out that assaults on Police officers is at an all time high as the scrotes aren't "frightened "of the Police anymore

The problem with quoting figures that are quoted by someone with a dog in the fight is that it's increasingly difficult to separate actual fact from political positioning. Everyone now has something to say and every story seems to be skewed depending on whatever political point someone is trying to make.

Over the last 8 years, police officer number have dropped by just under 20,000 across all grades. They are now back to historical levels before the rise in numbers that took place from 2000-2010.

There are more police now than there were in the 70's, and very similar numbers to the entirety of the 80's, 90's and 00's.

SYP have seen a drop of 692 since 2002 which by percentage is higher than most regions despite budgeting constraints being similar to those of other regions. In the same period since 2002, SYP have increased the number of 'staff' by nearly 600. Make of that what you will.

Not really making any point. Only that it's all too easy to pass the blame.

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

The problem with quoting figures that are quoted by someone with a dog in the fight is that it's increasingly difficult to separate actual fact from political positioning. Everyone now has something to say and every story seems to be skewed depending on whatever political point someone is trying to make.

Over the last 8 years, police officer number have dropped by just under 20,000 across all grades. They are now back to historical levels before the rise in numbers that took place from 2000-2010.

There are more police now than there were in the 70's, and very similar numbers to the entirety of the 80's, 90's and 00's.

SYP have seen a drop of 692 since 2002 which by percentage is higher than most regions despite budgeting constraints being similar to those of other regions. In the same period since 2002, SYP have increased the number of 'staff' by nearly 600. Make of that what you will.

Not really making any point. Only that it's all too easy to pass the blame.

Fair points backed by evidence

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In general though crime is trending down as no one can be bothered to report it any more !

Think that's the issue people do report crimes in big numbers they have much more access to do so.  The police can't cope with all the calls.  This particular issue surely should have come to the polices notice and from a layman's point of view there should be some easy collars to be made.

29 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In general though crime is trending down as no one can be bothered to report it any more !

No point reporting owt Nev ,as they dont do owt about it. I think apathy has set in 

My experience of dealing with the police is (let's think of some polite language) very poor. 

They blame everything except themselves, its the funding, its the paperwork, it's the courts. There job is to stop crime, this problem has been going on for years, they know about it and do nothing. That is a fact. 

Instead Lets spend a few more million on a nice trip to Portugal or a day 'A lister' watching at a minor royals wedding ffs. 

The council as I have pointed out before have been busy with the yellow paint on loads of virtually unused and non residential side roads off Penistone Rd, virtually forcing people onto Herries Rd as there are only a finite number of place to park, this is a built up area full of scrotes - to the people that say don't park there where else do you suggest?

On 18/09/2018 at 11:28, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s giving in to the lowlife thieving little sh#ts , didn’t someone say if no one parked there the scrotes  would just smash cars up elsewhere , it’s not the ideal solution is it , running away all the time !!! . 

Think from the way you're talking you would be a great copper. 

Why don't you join up? I think they're running a big recruitment campaign at the minute.

You could write a blog on here about how you get on.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steelman said:

Think from the way you're talking you would be a great copper. 

Why don't you join up? I think they're running a big recruitment campaign at the minute.

You could write a blog on here about how you get on.

Because young man I’m over 60 years old  perhaps I just have values and morals but basically I don’t like to hear of my fellow Wednesday fans getting a hard time . 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2018 at 19:44, handworth52 said:

Sheffield is fast becoming a no go area , the police and council dont care about catching criminals ,it dont make money for them ,question answered . Dont park your car in that dump of an area. I stopped 20 years,ago. 

You can keep banging the same old drum but will folk listen will they hellars like. Sorry but if you park in areas known for vandalism etc, then ..................Unbelievable really.

On 20/10/2018 at 16:21, sherlyegg said:

Eh? why the foook should the low lowlifes take over ..anger should be directed at the council and the police...or maybe no go areas in Sheffield is acceptable to you

Because there's no bugger to Police it. Yes its a sad life we live in but its life at present. KEEP AWAY FROM HERRIES ROAD. WHATS THE PROBLEM IN THAT. You keep parking ,there mate and keep forking out hundreds if you trying to make a point.  The Police still wont help you. No its not acceptable to any half reasonable human being, but whats your answer . 

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Could so with SYP signs on every lampost down there, telling folks to lock any valuables in their car boots.

I walk down Herries Rd every match day and about one in 5 cars has a bag or jacket on a seat.  Tempting for druggies.

couple of rat trap cars with smart water laced bags should help then 

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Because there's no bugger to Police it. Yes its a sad life we live in but its life at present. KEEP AWAY FROM HERRIES ROAD. WHATS THE PROBLEM IN THAT. You keep parking ,there mate and keep forking out hundreds if you trying to make a point.  The Police still wont help you. No its not acceptable to any half reasonable human being, but whats your answer . 

Ok, nobody park there, park on Middlewood road...what happens when they start robbing cars up that end?. BTW they do, not to the extent of Herries Rd granted.

Crime in Dodge city Sheffield has gone nuts.

My answer is fooook the council off, of course I can't do that alone, it would be very difficult given usual voting patterns.  Especially when some just shrug their shoulders...oh well.

Oh, I don't park there, don't park anywhere. taxi,match,pub taxi. Not used the car for yonks to go to games.