Wednesday fans cars broke into/smashed on Herries Road

2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

There are so many solutions to this including CCTV, more police patrol's, advisory notices on lamp posts advising high crime levels, or even double yellows and just put a stop to people parking there. 

Something needs doing - maybe the club could help raise the profile of this issue given it is impacting our supporters?  

Big police presence around the ground before and after the game. Hundreds of em. 

What do they do during the game and why can’t three or four be spared for 90 minutes patrolling the Herries Rd area.

Those affected need to join forces with their insurers to put pressure on the Police and Crime Commissioner. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

What the knife crime in Sheffield? Yes. Doing a sterling job. Wouldn't fancy it myself. 

If they are doing such a sterling job how come there seem to be more stabbings (and shootings) in Sheffield than ever before?:wacko:

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Are the car owners not reporting this?

I find it staggering that this isn't being sorted - maybe the police are totally unaware

When mine was done I rang 999 and was told to ring 111 as it wasn't urgent.  I rang that and waited 45 minutes to be answered.  When I got through I was told they wouldn't attend as we weren't in danger and that they'd be in touch the following day and was given a crime number.  When I questioned the 45 minute wait and lack of action I was told "you can thank the current government for that".  I got rung the day after and told to perform my own investigations (not even kidding) and if I got anything get back in touch, but that they'd be closing my case unless I got back in touch.  

They literally don't care because it is a victimless crime, insurance will pay out, nobody gets hurt.  Sad but I can understand it when they are being cut to ribbons and can't even tackle real violent crimes.

Just not bothered...

18 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Big police presence around the ground before and after the game. Hundreds of em. 

What do they do during the game and why can’t three or four be spared for 90 minutes patrolling the Herries Rd area.

Those affected need to join forces with their insurers to put pressure on the Police and Crime Commissioner. 

Why would the insurers want it to change?  It's a lovely excuse for them to keep jacking their prices up!

Just not bothered...

Even if the coppers caught the scrotes they would spend hours taking statements, filling in forms meaning they'd be off the streets for hours. Then the scrotes would probably end up getting a caution or if it went to court a fine or community service. If you're lucky you might get some compo that they probably won't pay. Tbh can't see as it's a known problem why people bother parking there. 

5 minutes ago, BigBlueDan said:

1 copper stood at bottom of cookson could see up and down that road and catch the little nesbits at it

Steady on , its much easier paying fortunes to buy speed guns and expensively vans to catch criminals going too fast than use man power effectively . I might have some sympathy with them , but they were bleeting  on about staff numbers 10 years ago. If they didn’t have gold plated pension the rest of use could never have they could recruit a few more

24 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

EMR entrance is ok but you have to get there about 8.30am

Its a pain having to arrive early but i get there for 12-30 the Steelworks close up either 12 or 12-30 always plenty of space 

Never drink as i'm driving so we usually go for Lunch in Sainsburys cafe takes up an hour or so then i watch whatever match is on on my Ipad so its not too bad 

5 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Steady on , its much easier paying fortunes to buy speed guns and expensively vans to catch criminals going too fast than use man power effectively . I might have some sympathy with them , but they were bleeting  on about staff numbers 10 years ago. If they didn’t have gold plated pension the rest of use could never have they could recruit a few more

If it's so good, why don't you become a copper?  It's too easy to slate them but they do a job that most of us couldn't do.  

Just not bothered...

5 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

lolDaily Mail reader by any chance?

11 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

When mine was done I rang 999 and was told to ring 111 as it wasn't urgent.  I rang that and waited 45 minutes to be answered.  When I got through I was told they wouldn't attend as we weren't in danger and that they'd be in touch the following day and was given a crime number.  When I questioned the 45 minute wait and lack of action I was told "you can thank the current government for that".  I got rung the day after and told to perform my own investigations (not even kidding) and if I got anything get back in touch, but that they'd be closing my case unless I got back in touch.  

They literally don't care because it is a victimless crime, insurance will pay out, nobody gets hurt.  Sad but I can understand it when they are being cut to ribbons and can't even tackle real violent crimes.

You should have rung to say someone had called you a puff. Apparently hurt feelings are now a priority for SYP. 

• Haha 4

On 15/09/2018 at 18:47, bigash_swfc said:

Absolutely terrible this keeps happening.

I wonder if the cost of policing Herries Road is the sticking point.

Obviously it would be an additional cost to SWFC to require police to monitor Herries Road. 

Cost to SWFC not an issue. We only pay for Police that are on land we own or control on matchdays - outside that, we don't pay.

9 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

You do know that coppers pay 20% of their salary every month as a contribution to their pension? How much do you pay into your personal pension plan out of interest