Wednesday fans cars broke into/smashed on Herries Road

14 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Ok, nobody park there, park on Middlewood road...what happens when they start robbing cars up that end?. BTW they do, not to the extent of Herries Rd granted.

Crime in Dodge city Sheffield has gone nuts.

My answer is fooook the council off, of course I can't do that alone, it would be very difficult given usual voting patterns.  Especially when some just shrug their shoulders...oh well.

Oh, I don't park there, don't park anywhere. taxi,match,pub taxi. Not used the car for yonks to go to games.

Climb down, we all share peoples pain when they have a car broken into etc. The fact of life whether we accept it not is that the Police have not and will not provide resource to police parked cars. They work on the basis your insured, and the fact they are  dealing with unpresidented high incidents of  knife crime take priority I would guess. You have just said in your last post the crime rates have gone 'nuts' so they have prioritise.

22 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Climb down, we all share peoples pain when they have a car broken into etc. The fact of life whether we accept it not is that the Police have not and will not provide resource to police parked cars. They work on the basis your insured, and the fact they are  dealing with unpresidented high incidents of  knife crime take priority I would guess. You have just said in your last post the crime rates have gone 'nuts' so they have prioritise.

I agree with you at present that they have to prioritise but doesn't his show that the cuts made by the present government are hurting the general public?  Reverse the cutting of manpower and invest in resources.  

39 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Bit scary your prioritise comments , doesn’t the very fact that there is a definite time and place to these crimes make it a damn sight easier to monitor  ? I’m not buying this other crimes malarkey so what if there are no other crimes to cover within the 2 hrs maximum that cars are getting smashed and vandalised .

4 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Bit scary your prioritise comments , doesn’t the very fact that there is a definite time and place to these crimes make it a damn sight easier to monitor  ? I’m not buying this other crimes malarkey so what if there are no other crimes to cover within the 2 hrs maximum that cars are getting smashed and vandalised .

Agree with what your saying but it appears that in general it is too much trouble for the police to investigate and fill out the necessary paperwork, it's easier to just log it and give out a crime number for insurance.

Toby Foster was interviewing South York’s Chief Constable on his R/S morning show a while ago, the C/C announced that he was re-commissioning some previously closed sub stations. Toby said that that this would be very helpful for local folk to have somewhere to visit and talk to a police officer regarding their worries and concerns. The C/C replied that these were not for the public’s convenience and that they were not allowed entry, this spoke volumes to me, he couldn’t give a flying fluck about us, the knuckle draggers could torch every car on Herries Road and it would be left to the fire service to make them safe and a couple of PSO’s to record the event, whilst the actual cops are nice and comfortable in their little sub stations. :mad:

Not read all this. But the problem with syp is they moannabout recources yet in the last few weeks I’ve seen top brass spouting on tv about hot lines for people who are offended and targeting infant schools to stop kids joining gangs. They’ve lost 600 caps but recruited 600 clerks. They’ve employed shed loads of totally useless pcsos. Just what are they priotising. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Climb down?..i aint climbed up yet

• Haha 1