FAO Those Clapping Seals

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Don't know really 

Its costing DC a lot right now 

If someone offered say 40 million and no more costs to him he might consider it 

All hypothetical i know 

The problem is that, even if DC was to write off a fair proportion of his investment and sell at £40 million, the new owner would still be hamstrung with P & S. They would not be able to invest in the team so how could they improve us and get a return? They might as well buy another club that are not under P & S restrictions.

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

agree and have said so not only in this thead but (ad nauseum to some) over the last 2 years 

Me too.

I'm just bored now with saying someone is rubbish, as it's so obvious everyone can see it.

I have nothing of value to add other than go home for a bit Mr Chairman and get somebody capable in on a no win no fee basis.

Pay them a huge bonus to sort your shiit out please.

There will always be a hard core of fans who never get involved in the intricacies/politics of the running of the club. They just rock up and watch 90 mins of football, have a chat with the like-minds around them and go home. They might buy the Star for some 'news'. They are however, a bit like newspaper buyers in general - an aging demographic. 

The football fans now generally want communication and involvement. generally through social media, value for money and like their involvement in other business sectors, are quite savvy. These are generally under 50s and of course if all football clubs want to keep these on side they have to compete with other products and try damn hard to keep fan (customer) loyalty.

Unfortunately i don't see much of this from DC, and he can only on the die-hards for so long, and these have probably already committed financial already.

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Don't know really 

Its costing DC a lot right now 

If someone offered say 40 million and no more costs to him he might consider it 

All hypothetical i know 

A potential buyer must not only match DC's price (no idea what he'd take)  

but he /she /they would have to pass ratification and show access to funds to cover the next 2 years' estimated operating losses 

with the knowledge that they couldn't spend our way out of it 

I think this is one part of the mess DC said we are in should we not get promoted 

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Me too.

I'm just bored now with saying someone is rubbish, as it's so obvious everyone can see it.

I have nothing of value to add other than go home for a bit Mr Chairman and get somebody capable in on a no win no fee basis.

Pay them a huge bonus to sort your shiit out please.

The total irony is there is someone who sits behind him at most home matches who has an address book and experience to die for 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I just think that battering someone so clearly failing and out of his depth won't help.

I honestly think anyone incapable of seeing the impact something simple like not renewing with the BBC contract would have on his own popularity (never mind some fans' access to local football) is pretty much beyond help. It's not his biggest balls-up but it's symptomatic of a huge disconnect between what he understands about the culture around football and what he should understand about the culture around football. Naturally, that's not a problem if you've got people around you that are sympathetic to fans needs and will make sure you're not dropping yourself in the s*** over and over again. Oh...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S6 Stroller said:

I honestly think anyone incapable of seeing the impact something simple like not renewing with the BBC contract would have on his own popularity (never mind some fans' access to local football) is pretty much beyond help. It's not his biggest balls-up but it's symptomatic of a huge disconnect between what he understands about the culture around football and what he should understand about the culture around football. Naturally, that's not a problem if you've got people around you that are sympathetic to fans needs and will make sure you're not dropping yourself in the s*** over and over again. Oh...

Sad but true.

We are better than just battering him though. Let's take the high ground and be able to say in history that Wednesday fans offered him every encouragement despite his failings.

Think we all need to band together here to be honest and stop throwing around childish insults towards someone with a different opinion. 

Supporting your club does not make you a "happy clapper"

Criticising your club doesn't mean you aren't a fan either.

The one thing we can be certain is our chairman just wants what is best for us. He's just lacking some experience with running a football club and he needs some help with that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Sad but true.

We are better than just battering him though. Let's take the high ground and be able to say in history that Wednesday fans offered him every encouragement despite his failings.

holding your kids hostage aint he ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 1963owl said:

i know we are in the shiit at the moment but ive still got faith that chansiri will get us out of it. The blokes guilty of spending too much money!! I dont feel any shame mate

I admire your optimism,  but what evidence is there to back up that belief?

The guy is a serial offender who every now and then accidentally makes a correct decision.