FAO Those Clapping Seals

1 hour ago, 1963owl said:

i know we are in the shiit at the moment but ive still got faith that chansiri will get us out of it. The blokes guilty of spending too much money!! I dont feel any shame mate

Fk me I bet your a popular choice for the cold calling roof and guttering salesmen.....

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

The one thing we can be certain is our chairman just wants what is best for us. He's just lacking some experience with running a football club and he needs some help with that.

I don’t regard this as a given.

He wants what’s best for him. He wants Wednesday in the Premier League - for ego or financial reasons. But if that means £60 tickets and £90 membership that’s what we would get. It’s a complicated business. 

I am happy to support the team unconditionally at Hillsborough and beyond. Supporting him depends on a change of approach re ticket prices particularly. But I only harrumph on here so it dunt really matter. 

2 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Who after Chansiri had given us a half hour tirade about how we as supporters are to blame for the clubs current predicament; and that we'll have to find the extra money to pay the highest prices in the division because 'we've all got to do our part equally'. Who then gave this complete charlatan a round of applause, just because he ended with the statement 'we've got better players than United'...you all ought to hang your heads in shame.

He must've sat there thinking "I could murder their wives and children and as long as I throw them a few platitudes along the way then they'll lap it up". 

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you.

The buck for this complete monstrosity of a start to the season is purely down to DC, and the sooner fans stop blowing smoke up his arse the sooner he'll have to make some real decisions, stop behaving like a spoilt child and start acting like a proper businessman. 

absolutely spot on, too many of our supporters lap up whatever crap he feeds them

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Why, does she want you to do something? Who does she hire them from?

HIDING

FFS

lol 

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t regard this as a given.

He wants what’s best for him. He wants Wednesday in the Premier League - for ego or financial reasons. But if that means £60 tickets and £90 membership that’s what we would get. It’s a complicated business. 

I am happy to support the team unconditionally at Hillsborough and beyond. Supporting him depends on a change of approach re ticket prices particularly. But I only harrumph on here so it dunt really matter. 

Undoubtedly he wants us in the prem for financial reasons. You don't invest in a club to not get some sort of return from it at the end of the day.

But as long as he gets us up at some point that's all that matters.

Some experienced staff, a smart transfer policy and we should be back up in the mix in the future.

6 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Undoubtedly he wants us in the prem for financial reasons. You don't invest in a club to not get some sort of return from it at the end of the day.

But as long as he gets us up at some point that's all that matters.

Some experienced staff, a smart transfer policy and we should be back up in the mix in the future.

OK, that's all very well and good, and I don't disagree with that whatsoever... when it's working.

But how long is that going to last? Is he still going to be expecting fans to pay out 32 quid to sit on the kop and watch us mooch around 20th place for the next couple of years while he (and by extension, we), get our act together? How long do you think fans will tolerate that? In the meantime, he continues to disgruntle local businesses and commercial partners in the pursuit of his high-price "me me me" ego fest. 

It's completely unsustainable. It's completely unquestionably bad practice. And there's only so long you can maintain such a business model before it goes pop. And let me tell you right now, the bubble is about to exceed the point its surface tension can hold.

Ultimately, the statement I've highlighted is utter drivel. He has to change his approach, because if he doesn't it's going to blow up in his and our faces. We cannot have a business model based around the highest prices in the league for a team scrapping around relegation, he cannot persist with just his sponsorship and his shell companies, and he cannot continue to disenfranchise thousands and continue to not encourage neutral and floating fans to attend. The damage is already severe, but if it changes and soon, it may not be too late

"As long as he gets us up that's all that matters"... such thinking is the greatest folly of all and will be the death of this club. 

Edited by StudentOwl

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

This is the worst Wednesday squad and manager since megson got us promoted

Been trying to figure out who you are

i think I’ve got it now

Have you ever owned a sunbed?

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Been trying to figure out who you are

i think I’ve got it now

Have you ever owned a sunbed?

No mate - never.

I really think DC needs to disappear into the shadows for a while until the ship is steadied a bit. He's pretty much lost the fanbase at this point and there's just no point in him coming out and addressing the fans about anything while the club is in the state it's in. Start working hard and working smart behind the scenes, use a bit of good PR and keep us up this season.

I wonder if DC sold the club for the amount he bought it for, took the huge loss and wrote it off. Would the club get a blank slate in terms of FFP? As each case is assessed individually, I wonder what the EFL's take on it would be.

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

OK, that's all very well and good, and I don't disagree with that whatsoever... when it's working.

But how long is that going to last? Is he still going to be expecting fans to pay out 32 quid to sit on the kop and watch us mooch around 20th place for the next couple of years while he (and by extension, we), get our act together? How long do you think fans will tolerate that? In the meantime, he continues to disgruntle local businesses and commercial partners in the pursuit of his high-price "me me me" ego fest. 

It's completely unsustainable. It's completely unquestionably bad practice. And there's only so long you can maintain such a business model before it goes pop. And let me tell you right now, the bubble is about to exceed the point its surface tension can hold.

Ultimately, the statement I've highlighted is utter drivel. He has to change his approach, because if he doesn't it's going to blow up in his and our faces. We cannot have a business model based around the highest prices in the league for a team scrapping around relegation, he cannot persist with just his sponsorship and his shell companies, and he cannot continue to disenfranchise thousands and continue to not encourage neutral and floating fans to attend. The damage is already severe, but if it changes and soon, it may not be too late

"As long as he gets us up that's all that matters"... such thinking is the greatest folly of all and will be the death of this club. 

I get what you're saying but I don't think we have much choice.

His options are stay or go at the end of the day. 

By owning us he's losing money. A lot of it. 

Now, if he sells up he's gonna want to at least break even right? So that would be all of our saleable assets out of the window straight away. 

While ever he is prepared to invest should be seen as good news by us. 

He's not perfect, I don't think any chairman is, but he's certainly not the worst either.

3 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Who after Chansiri had given us a half hour tirade about how we as supporters are to blame for the clubs current predicament; and that we'll have to find the extra money to pay the highest prices in the division because 'we've all got to do our part equally'. Who then gave this complete charlatan a round of applause, just because he ended with the statement 'we've got better players than United'...you all ought to hang your heads in shame.

He must've sat there thinking "I could murder their wives and children and as long as I throw them a few platitudes along the way then they'll lap it up". 

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you.

The buck for this complete monstrosity of a start to the season is purely down to DC, and the sooner fans stop blowing smoke up his arse the sooner he'll have to make some real decisions, stop behaving like a spoilt child and start acting like a proper businessman. 

If you drive us Clapping seals away you and your mate Mr C will be in even more ****. 

I'll hold my hands up, I've attacked Chairmen and Managers in the past, when it's absolutely certain there is no hope and they are kidding themselves if they think they can pull the wool over everyone's eyes. Generally it serves no purpose, especially for example in the days in League One when players were getting stick for not being as good as Premier League stars of the past and when they weren't on a fraction of the money past stars were on. I really hope we can avoid some of the bile of the past. 

If Wednesday have to put out the under 18s I'll clap them, as long as they show they are trying. Booing the team rarely helps. Of course the real villans don't even turn up to hear the boos and bile. I'm thinking of Wim Jonk and Almen Abdi. 

As I see it we've got till the end of the month to swap players in and out in the loan market and we need to strengthen central midfield and the defence urgently. This may lead to a couple of big names leaving. Anyone who leaves is part of the team which ultimately failed over the last three seasons, so let's not get to sentimental about it. 

Jos has only signed JP and hasn't complained. These players let down Carlos, who was part of the team which brought them to S6. Its hardly a surprise they have let Jos down again today. 

We have to stick together as fans of the club, because as we know, players managers and chairman come and go. We've all put money into the club chasing the dream and Mr C has done so more than anyone else. So where is the shame in that? If he starts trying to bleed the club dry I'll be the first to complain, but I don't see it at the moment. I see the EFL making rules which put the majority of the EFL teams at a massive disadvantage to the Premier Parachute teams. 

I look elsewhere for the cause of the problems we're suffering. Mr C is still fighting our corner. Just look at the fact that the embargo was lifted. 

Guest Theboylangers
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah he does mate but ultimately who owns it is completely irrelevant

We had it out on the microphones at the meet the chairman fans forum a bit

He says he doesn't find some of the comments I make fair and wants the comments to be more fair

I've never once personally ever been personal about him and never would, but I've criticised many of his decisions over the years given the information that we had at the time, but ultimately I wish him nothing but massive success. I genuinely hope he can sort us out and get us flying.

I've no issues with him not being a fan of Owlstalk due to the criticism he gets, and no issues with him giving me grief to my face at the fans forum - that's all fair. He said to go see him face to face but in reality I've absolutely nothing to say to him or ask him really. I just think he should crack on with the job and stop reading/crying about social media and twitter as that's not what has caused any of the issues at the club.

I've got no beef with him and no issues with him other than the club not doing very well at the moment

Since the meeting I've been involved in helping organise a few things behind the scenes which I want to keep behind the scenes as it's not about me or Owlstalk but getting a few things going successfully and it looks like they will do. 

This post hasn't got the credit it deserves. 

38 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

And how many businesses have you run? 

BTW Football isn't a business, its ponzi scheme and unfortunately its driven by an Ego fest. Don't blame Mr C for that. That's how the "beautiful" game works. 

Mr C is playing by the same rules as all the other clubs are playing by. 

When you're holding onto a rising balloon there comes a point where letting go isn't a option, and that point came and went several years ago. 

Guest Theboylangers
2 hours ago, Watson said:

As I said you can make inferences from any statement but fair enough you are entitled to your conclusions.  I know that I'm fighting a losing battle.  Instead of apportioning blame everyone should be coming up with ideas to solve the problems.  I would think that DC is too far committed financially to walk away so he's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future we would be better served working with him not against him.

Erm, since when did it become the fans problem to be coming up with ideas to solve the problem of our mismanaged club?