FAO Those Clapping Seals

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's failing and appears out of his depth.

Abusing him won't help.

He wants success as we do. Better to be a bit more constructive, as if he wins, we  all win.

He chooses to not indulge in constructive criticism...heck he just doesn't tolerate any criticism full stop.

"There's none so blind as those that cannot see"

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

He's failing and appears out of his depth.

Abusing him won't help.

He wants success as we do. Better to be a bit more constructive, as if he wins, we  all win.

anyone buying a football club has to expect criticism   - no one should ever abuse his family 

I reckon he saw the adoration and tears when MM left and thought blimey this is gonna be easy to be a god round these parts 

I am very critical and have my eyes fully opened for the last 3 years 

However I actually want whoever is our owner to succeed before it's too late for the older ones of us

this present one needs to perform a volte-face in ethos of pricing, fan customer relations, and selection of advisers, I'm not holding my breath 

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Here's a tip

If you want to feel more positive, don't go home and away

I'm 15 minutes from home and the Mrs is currently hiring all the sharp objects

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Ok thanks for that, can you give an example of that please?

I wasn't there so I can only paraphrase what I understand to have been inferred but, at the fans' forum when challenged about the Jordan Rhodes' signing, he apparently responded by saying he didn't want Jordan Rhodes, it was the fans who did. OK, that is not directly blaming fans but there is a very strong inference. That is one example. I think SteelOwl (and others) listed some others above.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

This is the worst Wednesday squad and manager since megson got us promoted

Yes because lees, forestierri, Bannan, Joao, Westwood, Hutchinson and others wouldn't have got in that squad would they. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I wasn't there so I can only paraphrase what I understand to have been inferred but, at the fans' forum when challenged about the Jordan Rhodes' signing, he apparently responded by saying he didn't want Jordan Rhodes, it was the fans who did. OK, that is not directly blaming fans but there is a very strong inference. That is one example. I think SteelOwl (and others) listed some others above.

That is not blaming that fans that's saying he bought him for the fans as they wanted him.  No need to add an inference to it.

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Here's a tip

And I’ve spent a day watching ah young un at cricket drinking peroni at 2 quid a pop..Wednesday losing no longer spoils my life..but I did go last season and it so7nds like it wer exactly same game..so I’m still a fan..b4 anybody pipes up :picnic:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Watson said:

That is not blaming that fans that's saying he bought him for the fans as they wanted him.  No need to add an inference to it.

It is also an inference that he cannot take blame and passes it onto the fans. I cannot believe that any Chairman would make such a financial outlay just to appease fans so I also look at it as blame passing.

1 hour ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Who after Chansiri had given us a half hour tirade about how we as supporters are to blame for the clubs current predicament; and that we'll have to find the extra money to pay the highest prices in the division because 'we've all got to do our part equally'. Who then gave this complete charlatan a round of applause, just because he ended with the statement 'we've got better players than United'...you all ought to hang your heads in shame.

He must've sat there thinking "I could murder their wives and children and as long as I throw them a few platitudes along the way then they'll lap it up". 

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you.

The buck for this complete monstrosity of a start to the season is purely down to DC, and the sooner fans stop blowing smoke up his arse the sooner he'll have to make some real decisions, stop behaving like a spoilt child and start acting like a proper businessman. 

Spot on!

after that initial tirade at the forum I was losing the will to live. Some looked really to leave, some had their heads in hands. I thought I must live on a different planet when some people then clapped.

• Like 1

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

It is also an inference that he cannot take blame and passes it onto the fans. I cannot believe that any Chairman would make such a financial outlay just to appease fans so I also look at it as blame passing.

As I said you can make inferences from any statement but fair enough you are entitled to your conclusions.  I know that I'm fighting a losing battle.  Instead of apportioning blame everyone should be coming up with ideas to solve the problems.  I would think that DC is too far committed financially to walk away so he's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future we would be better served working with him not against him.

17 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Here's a tip

Has she hired you a shotgun too? Maybe she’s trying to tell you something. :carlosswfc:

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

As I said you can make inferences from any statement but fair enough you are entitled to your conclusions.  I know that I'm fighting a losing battle.  Instead of apportioning blame everyone should be coming up with ideas to solve the problems.  I would think that DC is too far committed financially to walk away so he's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future we would be better served working with him not against him.

Watson old chap you know I like you but we differ on ability to smell coffee

I said and so did several others 2 years ago that he needed to jettison the unmentionable adisers and get in an experienced CEO and let him get on with it  that's still my advice and I stick by that I want him to succeed he wont on this present tack 

• Like 2