FAO Those Clapping Seals

2 hours ago, MEGMAN82 said:

Maybe re phrase this. It certainly doesnt help whatsover though does it!!???. Yes the performances so far been very poor. And yes we are in a mess off the pitch with FFP p&s.  But on a positive note we are out of embargo which is good news. And nobody really knows the real reason for this so until we actually here confirmed we are selling Forestieri and Joao and bannan not being offered a contract ect ect ect and NOT bringing anyone in lets not spread negativity and poo poo just cos its on talksport.  Lets trust DC and get behind the team and really hope we have a good week results wise. Anyway off enjoying last day of hols in sunny Majorca now. Uto

Trust the man who got us in the embargo in the first place?

That ship has sailed unfortunately. 

Edited by kingsidney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Alright fair comment, but what you do?  You obviously know what the problems are 

First thing I would do is re-engage the fan base. DC loves a good statement so release a statement that is truthful and honest regarding the entire situation and try and get the fans back on board asap. Don't continue to wee wee up our backs and tell us it's raining.

Lower the costs for POTG supporters to a reasonable level immediately (say £20 Kop/West Stand Lower, £25 Cant/Grandstand, £30 South) and seeing as he likes personal dialouge - invite any season ticket holder that feels shortchanged to apply for a refund against the equivalent match day ticket costs (in reality this will be a very small percentage - probably less than 5% - as the majority of season ticket holders are early bird renewals). Almost like the distasteful offer he gave out about writing to the club if you couldn't afford it - but in reverse.

Scrap the current membership offerings and start again with a simple easy to understand scheme that costs no more than £25 to join, gets 10% off anything at the Megastore, priority for away games and £1 off home tickets if bought in advance. Uncomplicated, engaging and easy to understand.

Explain to us all our 3 year plan so that we can have confidence in his ability to forward plan and the means to execute this. Even if this involves leaning on our youth players and relying on loans and choice free transfers. People prefer this approach to sending out random questionnaires where we intimate we are going to do one thing but do completely the opposite.

The supporters of this great club are the best commodity you could ever have. Treat them with dignity and respect and they will follow you wherever you go.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's their reasoning?

Atmosphere? Pricing etc?

If I was going to go it would only be away . I’d rather have a day on the lash somewhere , have a laugh and block out the football . Spending 40 quid to sit in a delapidated morgue watching poor players doesn’t appeal quite so much 

4 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

First thing I would do is re-engage the fan base. DC loves a good statement so release a statement that is truthful and honest regarding the entire situation and try and get the fans back on board asap. Don't continue to wee wee up our backs and tell us it's raining.

Lower the costs for POTG supporters to a reasonable level immediately (say £20 Kop/West Stand Lower, £25 Cant/Grandstand, £30 South) and seeing as he likes personal dialouge - invite any season ticket holder that feels shortchanged to apply for a refund against the equivalent match day ticket costs (in reality this will be a very small percentage - probably less than 5% - as the majority of season ticket holders are early bird renewals). Almost like the distasteful offer he gave out about writing to the club if you couldn't afford it - but in reverse.

Scrap the current membership offerings and start again with a simple easy to understand scheme that costs no more than £25 to join, gets 10% off anything at the Megastore, priority for away games and £1 off home tickets if bought in advance. Uncomplicated, engaging and easy to understand.

Explain to us all our 3 year plan so that we can have confidence in his ability to forward plan and the means to execute this. Even if this involves leaning on our youth players and relying on loans and choice free transfers. People prefer this approach to sending out random questionnaires where we intimate we are going to do one thing but do completely the opposite.

The supporters of this great club are the best commodity you could ever have. Treat them with dignity and respect and they will follow you wherever you go.

7 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Really?

Yet you see fit to call a section of this "Commodity"..... "Clapping seals"..ask them to "hang their heads in shame" due to the blind loyalty they no doubt have?

Instead of going to extremes of name calling amongst ourselves...although I'm not averse to it, Happy Clapper, Bedwetter etc etc....

We have to meet on the middle ground don't we.

Even the most critical of our fans are most times Loyal supporters, even the most optimistic..are Loyal supporters

The name calling is pathetic, by all means argue, by all means..name call if you must.. but....It adds f.ook all to the argument on either side does it?

All you get is entrenched opinions, cos someone called me a "Bedwetter, Happy Clapper" etc etc etc,,He negged me I'll neg him, oftimes without reading what each other posted...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Really?

Yet you see fit to call a section of this "Commodity"..... "Clapping seals"..ask them to "hang their heads in shame" due to the blind loyalty they no doubt have?

Instead of going to extremes of name calling amongst ourselves...although I'm not averse to it, Happy Clapper, Bedwetter etc etc....

We have to meet on the middle ground don't we.

Even the most critical of our fans are most times Loyal supporters, even the most optimistic..are Loyal supporters

The name calling is pathetic, by all means argue, by all means..name call if you must.. but....It adds f.ook all to the argument on either side does it?

All you get is entrenched opinions, cos someone called me a "Bedwetter, Happy Clapper" etc etc etc,,He negged me I'll neg him, oftimes without reading what each other posted...

Unfortunately that's the sort of atmosphere that is simmering below the surface between fans due to the divide and conquer techniques employed by DC. That strategy can only work whilever we are successful...once the worm turns things tend to get nasty.

Which is why I've outlined above in the earlier post what I believe DC should do to try and galvanise the fanbase...I forgot add that he should also get the BBC back onside immediately.

It starts and stops with DC I'm afraid...he has to set the tone with this.

5 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Unfortunately that's the sort of atmosphere that is simmering below the surface between fans due to the divide and conquer techniques employed by DC. That strategy can only work whilever we are successful...once the worm turns things tend to get nasty.

Which is why I've outlined above in the earlier post what I believe DC should do to try and galvanise the fanbase...I forgot add that he should also get the BBC back onside immediately.

You also "Forgot" to address yer Clapping seals thing as well

6 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

No need to address. Those in attendance know what I mean.

As I've said earlier...blowing smoke up this chairman's arse is just making the situation worse.

Course theres a need to address it...You can't pontificate about Chansiri treating Wednesay fans with "Disdain" then defend calling Wednesday fans "Clapping seals" can you...?

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Course theres a need to address it...You can't pontificate about Chansiri treating Wednesay fans with "Disdain" then defend calling Wednesday fans "Clapping seals" can you...?

One is just an ordinary fan who speaks as he sees...

The other is the owner of the 4th oldest football club in the country where every action has a reaction and is magnified a thousand times over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

One is just an ordinary fan who speaks as he sees...

The other is the owner of the 4th oldest football club in the country where every action has a reaction and is magnified a thousand times over.

But irrespective of that

"Disdain"  has remained pretty consistent hasn't it?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

But irrespective of that

"Disdain"  has remained pretty consistent hasn't it?

He's certainly earned my disdain and yes it has been fairly consistent.

Even the season we got to Wembley I was most unhappy with the new POTG prices (£39 to sit on Kop for Bristol City 1st game of season) and voiced my concerns on here only to be shouted down by the 'I'm alright jacks'. Since then it's pretty much gone from bad to worse with the majority of his hair brained schemes not fully thought out or devised to just outright fleece the average fan on the street.

Take away his investment - which don't forget it is his gamble to get to the riches of the Prem - then he would surely be rivalling DA as the worst Chairman we have ever had.

Oh I totally agree with you regards the pricing Gateford

I was simply asking how you criticise Chansiri  for disdaining the fans yet you see fit to call fans "Clapping seals"

Yet still in another post say they should be treated with " Dignity and respect"

You seem to be criticising Chansiri   In lacking something you seem short of.

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, james o connor said:

If I was going to go it would only be away . I’d rather have a day on the lash somewhere , have a laugh and block out the football . Spending 40 quid to sit in a delapidated morgue watching poor players doesn’t appeal quite so much 

I actually choose to go to Hillsborough and away, supporting my team no matter how bad the off and on field situation is. I have a laugh, get bladdered but would never ever call my own teams ground a delapidated morgue. 

I would also never line another clubs pockets without supporting my own. 

Maybe i have different thoughts as to what supporting your club means. 

Not saying you're not a fan

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Gateford_Owl said:

While there is much wrong at the club. Can you explain the Divide and conquer techniques quote. 

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

While there is much wrong at the club. Can you explain the Divide and conquer techniques quote. 

I can see why a 'previous chairman' (you all know the one I mean) might have that accusation levelled at them, but for all the mistakes that have been made by Chansiri I don't see that as his intention. He's apparently over-sensitive to criticism, likes to micro manage and doesn't always seem to understand the general attitudes of the supporters, but that is not the same thing.

Edited by DJMortimer

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Do you work for club :biggrin:

Bit harsh tinks.

That's just a guy or gal. Who doesn't let the football ruin a day out.

Back when things were very crap. This was mostly the attitude of our support. Well that's the impression I got.

Guest Willow Owl
On 19/08/2018 at 19:43, Hillsborough Mole said:

Casbah and Willow

Negging us back to Division One

Childish, Just because i have a different view doesn't mean im not entitled to post. Just check out the posts in this thread and the title to see who the negs are. 

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

Stunning. UTO.