Gateford_Owl

FAO Those Clapping Seals

1 hour ago, DMX said:

I really think DC needs to disappear into the shadows for a while until the ship is steadied a bit. He's pretty much lost the fanbase at this point and there's just no point in him coming out and addressing the fans about anything while the club is in the state it's in. Start working hard and working smart behind the scenes, use a bit of good PR and keep us up this season.

I wonder if DC sold the club for the amount he bought it for, took the huge loss and wrote it off. Would the club get a blank slate in terms of FFP? As each case is assessed individually, I wonder what the EFL's take on it would be.

I'm absolutely certain the debt would stay with the club. I don't even want to think about what would happen if he walks away. Just look at Sunderland. Christ, Chris Maguire is there main striker. I don't see things working out well for them this year. 

2 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

I'm absolutely certain the debt would stay with the club. I don't even want to think about what would happen if he walks away. Just look at Sunderland. Christ, Chris Maguire is there main striker. I don't see things working out well for them this year. 

That bit about Sunderland made me laugh,however Maguire isn't there main striker tho.

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

That bit about Sunderland made me laugh,however Maguire isn't there main striker tho.

Who is out of interest?  Certainly looked that way the other night. Sunderland did look poor

Just now, s8owl75 said:

Who is out of interest?  Certainly looked that way the other night. Sunderland did look poor

Charlie Wyke,bought him from bradford.

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Yep,he can't liquidate a club with assets 

The EFL wouldn't let him do that too

Fair enough, but what would happen if he stopped funding the debt, would it amount to the same thing?

Isn't that effectively what happened with the co-op?

No clapping to be had.

The squad look abysmal, the club looks lost and it's all the owner's doing.

2 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

Fair enough, but what would happen if he stopped funding the debt, would it amount to the same thing?

Isn't that effectively what happened with the co-op?

No,milan sat down with co.op and agreed a fee.the only money they lost was intrest and Milan paid the initial loan amount back

The loan was been paid for years so effectively they did gain some money, but milan settled the debt

If im wrong fair enough 

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Even an injured wyke is better than maguire.

Not sure about that as Maguire will still be on the field if he's injured. 

I may be wrong, but I see Sunderland experiencing the pain we suffered in League One this year. 

20 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

Is there any reason why Chanseri couldn't wake up tomorrow morning and think "You know what, I've had enough of this", write off his investment and immediately put the club out of business?

I wouldn't blame him if he did after all the slagging off he gets on here. Maybe then all the moaners and groaners could then show us how it should be done from the Northern Premier League South, if they'd let us in!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

Not sure about that as Maguire will still be on the field if he's injured. 

I may be wrong, but I see Sunderland experiencing the pain we suffered in League One this year. 

Oh god,i'm being ridiculous fella,what i'm saying is maguire is cack,and wyke is better even half fit,regardless of him playing or not.

DC has made mistakes no doubt but if he walks away we'd be in the poo big time.

How good a manager was Carlos though getting us to play offs twice with a similar group of players lol

9 minutes ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

I wouldn't blame him if he did after all the slagging off he gets on here. Maybe then all the moaners and groaners could then show us how it should be done from the Northern Premier League South, if they'd let us in!

You wouldn't blame him for defaulting on millions of pounds worth of investment and wiping one of the oldest football clubs in the world out of existence because he gets criticised on an internet forum? :blink:

Bloody hell... people are strange these days

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You wouldn't blame him for defaulting on millions of pounds worth of investment and wiping one of the oldest football clubs in the world out of existence because he gets criticised on an internet forum? :blink:

Bloody hell... people are strange these days

Criticised? I think most of the comments on here go far beyond constructive criticism, I sometimes feel ashamed that so called  'supporters' of the Club seem determined to undermine the Club at every possible opportunity, so maybe we (you) deserve nothing better.

40 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

No,milan sat down with co.op and agreed a fee.the only money they lost was intrest and Milan paid the initial loan amount back

The loan was been paid for years so effectively they did gain some money, but milan settled the debt

If im wrong fair enough 

Yes, so if Milan hadn't stepped in, we would have been wound up, as we were deemed to be no longer a going concern - that's my understanding of it anyway. So I guess we'd be in a similar situation again if Chanseri walked away

This team needs revamping. DC has less than two weeks to move players and sign new blood. Time to get cracking, 

• Like 1