FAO Those Clapping Seals

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Why are posts disappearing? If we are being  censored I’m out.

FFS

I'm trying to keep the thread on topic so removed all the blatant schoolyard namecalling and bickering posts

People don't log on to a football forum to read members bickering between each other or asking why bickering posts have disappeared

If you want to argue amongst yourselves about who's a troll etc - that's fine but do it not in this thread as it derails the thread

This is nothing new - we've always done it - otherwise every thread descends into schoolyard bickering

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

FFS

I'm trying to keep the thread on topic 

People don't log on to watch members bickering between each other or asking why bickering posts have disappeared

If you want to argue amongst yourselves about who's a troll etc - that's fine but do it not in this thread as it derails the thread

You pick and choose like a dictator Neill. I’m out

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

You pick and choose like a dictator Neill. I’m out

This is exactly why I don't allow people to get into personal arguments in threads as it leads to angry tunnel vision and the desire to keep going at it despite it totally derailing threads

Prime example right here

Tell someone not to start 'you're a troll' 'no youre a troll' stuff in a football thread and they storm off spitting the dummy calling me a dictator

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, steelowl said:

Watson old chap you know I like you but we differ on ability to smell coffee

I said and so did several others 2 years ago that he needed to jettison the unmentionable adisers and get in an experienced CEO and let him get on with it  that's still my advice and I stick by that I want him to succeed he wont on this present tack 

You may well be right, we may never know.  I enjoy having coffee with you.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

He chooses to not indulge in constructive criticism...heck he just doesn't tolerate any criticism full stop.

"There's none so blind as those that cannot see"

I just think that battering someone so clearly failing and out of his depth won't help.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

I just think that battering someone so clearly failing and out of his depth won't help.

So how do you suggest we help someone who's ego won't allow him to admit mistakes and has shown himself completely unwilling to listen to suggestions from fan groups or employees?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

There was an old guy who got the microphone at that meeting at the end and told Chansiri to ignore posts like that as fans that post on the internet/twitter aren't ever real fans of the football club 

He was really old though so I just rolled my eyes and laughed at it

His little speech hit an awkward silence at the end of it though as he was sat in a room of passionate hardcore Sheffield Wednesday fans that obviously all used the internet to discuss Sheffield Wednesday and the chairman

Problem is the Chairman is too easily swayed by this poo. That in itself is a weakness. 

28 minutes ago, steelowl said:

anyone buying a football club has to expect criticism   - no one should ever abuse his family 

I reckon he saw the adoration and tears when MM left and thought blimey this is gonna be easy to be a god round these parts 

I am very critical and have my eyes fully opened for the last 3 years 

However I actually want whoever is our owner to succeed before it's too late for the older ones of us

this present one needs to perform a volte-face in ethos of pricing, fan customer relations, and selection of advisers, I'm not holding my breath 

Don't get me wrong, he needs a massive change in approach to have any chance of recovering this.

Every aspect of his failed plan is arguably awful. 

I still want him to turn it round though. He can start by bringing someone capable in with a free reign, and then going home to let them get on with sorting his mess out.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if DC is looking for a buyer for us.

There is a difficult hurdle here. I am sure what you say is accurate but who is going to pay the kind of price that Chansiri would deem acceptable knowing that, even if they did, turning the financial situation at the club would take a season or two because of P & S restrictions?

Just now, Gateford_Owl said:

So how do you suggest we help someone who's ego won't allow him to admit mistakes and has shown himself completely unwilling to listen to suggestions from fan groups or employees?

Have you talked to him personally?  Did he come across as someone who won't listen? I get the impression that the people who have talked to him that he does listen to them.

3 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Stick to the facts of his failings. Don't get personal. Offer constructive feedback.

Emotionally battering him may be cathartic, but won't help.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Don't get me wrong, he needs a massive change in approach to have any chance of recovering this.

Every aspect of his failed plan is arguably awful. 

I still want him to turn it round though. He can start by bringing someone capable in with a free reign, and then going home to let them get on with sorting his mess out.

agree and have said so not only in this thead but (ad nauseum to some) over the last 2 years 

7 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Membership pricing
Ticket bundle pricing

etc

All way too late and still too expensive but even so he listened (sales figures will have dictated also)

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is a difficult hurdle here. I am sure what you say is accurate but who is going to pay the kind of price that Chansiri would deem acceptable knowing that, even if they did, turning the financial situation at the club would take a season or two because of P & S restrictions?

Nobody...is the answer to your question