FAO Those Clapping Seals

6 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

And how many businesses have you run? 

I appreciate that there's more to your post than this, and I actually agree with most of the rest of it... but this line is completely unhelpful and pointless. If you can't criticise how a business is run unless you yourself have had experience of running a similar-sized business, then by the same rationale you can't criticise a player on how they're playing unless you yourself have experience at being a footballer at a similar level

I notice that you've been critical of Hutchinson in recent posts... how pointless would it be if someone started off their defense of him by saying "Yeah, and how many Championship games of football have you played S8owl?"? The answer is entirely... it's superfluous to the point you're making, it's unnecessary and it's just blatantly false... you can critique something without yourself having actually partaken in doing that thing. If you could only comment on stuff you'd have expertise in, Owlstalk wouldn't even be here. 

As for DC playing by the same rules everyone else is... genuine question... how many other Championship clubs have their owner's name as their shirt sponsor?

Edited by StudentOwl

23 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I appreciate that there's more to your post than this, and I actually agree with most of the rest of it... but this line is completely unhelpful and pointless. If you can't criticise how a business is run unless you yourself have had experience of running a similar-sized business, then by the same rationale you can't criticise a player on how they're playing unless you yourself have experience at being a footballer at a similar level

I notice that you've been critical of Hutchinson in recent posts... how pointless would it be if someone started off their defense of him by saying "Yeah, and how many Championship games of football have you played S8owl?"? The answer is entirely... it's superfluous to the point you're making, it's unnecessary and it's just blatantly false... you can critique something without yourself having actually partaken in doing that thing. If you could only comment on stuff you'd have expertise in, Owlstalk wouldn't even be here. 

As for DC playing by the same rules everyone else is... genuine question... how many other Championship clubs have their owner's name as their shirt sponsor?

OK, I accept the question I asked was mischievous, as I already knew the answer. I haven't run a business either. My point is don't try and apply anything you have learnt or know about business to football. Football hides behind the facade of Business. It is not business. In business if you don't supply what you've been contracted to supply you end up in court. In football, once you've taken a contract as a player it's only your own conscious which holds you to deliver what you were contracted to deliver. The fans and the Chairman pick up the tab regardless of the outcome. 

And the great thing about this game is the more success you have the more the fans and the Owner will pay. Just look at Tony Fernández latterly of QPR. 

As for the sponsorship. I'm 100% certain that Mr C hasn't turned down a sponsorship with 888 Poker just so he can have his own name on the front of the shirts. He's playing the FFP game. Another example of what a crooked game football is. Not a business. Mr C is merely playing the crooked game, by the crooked rules. 

There's only one way you can become a millionaire in football and that's if you start as a Billionaire. 

People need to start seeing that he's just as caught up in chasing the dream as the fans are. If there are victims in this story he's one just like the rest of the fans are. I'm sure all he really wants is to take his kid to the game and see Wednesday win, and there are thousands like him at Hillsborough every other week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMX said:

I really think DC needs to disappear into the shadows for a while until the ship is steadied a bit. He's pretty much lost the fanbase at this point and there's just no point in him coming out and addressing the fans about anything while the club is in the state it's in. Start working hard and working smart behind the scenes, use a bit of good PR and keep us up this season.

I wonder if DC sold the club for the amount he bought it for, took the huge loss and wrote it off. Would the club get a blank slate in terms of FFP? As each case is assessed individually, I wonder what the EFL's take on it would be.

I'm absolutely certain the debt would stay with the club. I don't even want to think about what would happen if he walks away. Just look at Sunderland. Christ, Chris Maguire is there main striker. I don't see things working out well for them this year. 

2 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

I'm absolutely certain the debt would stay with the club. I don't even want to think about what would happen if he walks away. Just look at Sunderland. Christ, Chris Maguire is there main striker. I don't see things working out well for them this year. 

That bit about Sunderland made me laugh,however Maguire isn't there main striker tho.

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Yep,he can't liquidate a club with assets 

The EFL wouldn't let him do that too

Fair enough, but what would happen if he stopped funding the debt, would it amount to the same thing?

Isn't that effectively what happened with the co-op?

20 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

Is there any reason why Chanseri couldn't wake up tomorrow morning and think "You know what, I've had enough of this", write off his investment and immediately put the club out of business?

I wouldn't blame him if he did after all the slagging off he gets on here. Maybe then all the moaners and groaners could then show us how it should be done from the Northern Premier League South, if they'd let us in!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

Not sure about that as Maguire will still be on the field if he's injured. 

I may be wrong, but I see Sunderland experiencing the pain we suffered in League One this year. 

Oh god,i'm being ridiculous fella,what i'm saying is maguire is cack,and wyke is better even half fit,regardless of him playing or not.

9 minutes ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

I wouldn't blame him if he did after all the slagging off he gets on here. Maybe then all the moaners and groaners could then show us how it should be done from the Northern Premier League South, if they'd let us in!

You wouldn't blame him for defaulting on millions of pounds worth of investment and wiping one of the oldest football clubs in the world out of existence because he gets criticised on an internet forum? :blink:

Bloody hell... people are strange these days

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You wouldn't blame him for defaulting on millions of pounds worth of investment and wiping one of the oldest football clubs in the world out of existence because he gets criticised on an internet forum? :blink:

Bloody hell... people are strange these days

Criticised? I think most of the comments on here go far beyond constructive criticism, I sometimes feel ashamed that so called  'supporters' of the Club seem determined to undermine the Club at every possible opportunity, so maybe we (you) deserve nothing better.