FAO Those Clapping Seals

5 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Quick question Neil, does DC know you’re the owner of owlstalk? If so then we know he doesnt like negative things that get posted online. Has he spoke to you about it at all?

Yeah he does mate but ultimately who owns it is completely irrelevant

We had it out on the microphones at the meet the chairman fans forum a bit

He says he doesn't find some of the comments I make fair and wants the comments to be more fair

I've never once personally ever been personal about him and never would, but I've criticised many of his decisions over the years given the information that we had at the time, but ultimately I wish him nothing but massive success. I genuinely hope he can sort us out and get us flying.

I've no issues with him not being a fan of Owlstalk due to the criticism he gets, and no issues with him giving me grief to my face at the fans forum - that's all fair. He said to go see him face to face but in reality I've absolutely nothing to say to him or ask him really. I just think he should crack on with the job and stop reading/crying about social media and twitter as that's not what has caused any of the issues at the club.

I've got no beef with him and no issues with him other than the club not doing very well at the moment

Since the meeting I've been involved in helping organise a few things behind the scenes which I want to keep behind the scenes as it's not about me or Owlstalk but getting a few things going successfully and it looks like they will do. 

Owlstalk Shop

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There was an old guy who got the microphone at that meeting at the end and told Chansiri to ignore posts like that as fans that post on the internet/twitter aren't ever real fans of the football club 

He was really old though so I just rolled my eyes and laughed at it

His little speech hit an awkward silence at the end of it though as he was sat in a room of passionate hardcore Sheffield Wednesday fans that obviously all used the internet to discuss Sheffield Wednesday and the chairman

You should have heard the mutterings when I asked him if there was any truth in the rumours why certain players weren't playing at the last Steering Group lol

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah he does mate

He says he doesn't find some of the comments I make fair and wants the comments to be more fair

I've never once personally ever been personal about him and never would, but I've criticised many of his decisions over the years given the information that we had at the time, but ultimately I wish him nothing but massive success. I genuinely hope he can sort us out and get us flying.

I've no issues with him not being a fan of Owlstalk due to the criticism he gets, and no issues with him giving me grief to my face at the fans forum - that's all fair. He said to go see him face to face but in reality I've absolutely nothing to say to him or ask him really. I just think he should crack on with the job and stop reading/crying about social media and twitter as that's not what has caused any of the issues at the club.

I've got no beef with him and no issues with him other than the club not doing very well at the moment

So why are you telling people to be positive then? Positivity is a state of mind...it isn’t something you can just switch on..there’s hardly anything to be positive about at the moment

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There was an old guy who got the microphone at that meeting at the end and told Chansiri to ignore posts like that as fans that post on the internet/twitter aren't ever real fans of the football club 

He was really old though so I just rolled my eyes and laughed at it

His little speech hit an awkward silence at the end of it though as he was sat in a room of passionate hardcore Sheffield Wednesday fans that obviously all used the internet to discuss Sheffield Wednesday and the chairman

Was it Dave Richards ?

The real attraction to me at the fans forums is never anyone on the top table but the tutting and mumbling from the audience if anyone dares ask anything challenging

That's always the most entertaining aspect of it for me - to see it in real life.

PS - One of the lads I met up with to go to the last fans forum walked out after about 20 minutes of the opening speech/telling off - and he's the last person I'd have expected to do that.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The real attraction to me at the fans forums is never anyone on the top table but the tutting and mumbling from the audience if anyone dares ask anything challenging

That's always the most entertaining aspect of it for me - to see it in real life.

One of the lads I met up with to go to the last fans forum walked out after about 20 minutes of the opening speech

bet he deeply regrets missing the last 25 mins of the moan fest 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

So why are you telling people to be positive then?

Because the fans negativity online was pretty much right at the forefront of the whole fans forum mate

I think if the fans are positive then we can't be blamed anymore.

Instead why not be positive, have a laugh, try and do as many positive things as possible to help out things like our community team etc, and let Chansiri crack on and prove the naysayers wrong

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Who after Chansiri had given us a half hour tirade about how we as supporters are to blame for the clubs current predicament; and that we'll have to find the extra money to pay the highest prices in the division because 'we've all got to do our part equally'. Who then gave this complete charlatan a round of applause, just because he ended with the statement 'we've got better players than United'...you all ought to hang your heads in shame.

He must've sat there thinking "I could murder their wives and children and as long as I throw them a few platitudes along the way then they'll lap it up". 

The first opportunity since last seasons debacle to make him accountable and you all sat there like hypnotized clapping seals. More please Mr Chansiri, more please, we love you.

The buck for this complete monstrosity of a start to the season is purely down to DC, and the sooner fans stop blowing smoke up his arse the sooner he'll have to make some real decisions, stop behaving like a spoilt child and start acting like a proper businessman. 

He's failing and appears out of his depth.

Abusing him won't help.

He wants success as we do. Better to be a bit more constructive, as if he wins, we  all win.

18 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Because true fans like you an£ casbah owl and all that mob are constantly slagging all us fans saying we no nowt we are infesting 5his site with our negative comments etc...we are realists..

Please define a true fan. Ive lived my life as a pragmatic realist. I believe in the club and recognise (in his naivety) that DC believed in certain people to guide him initially. However I am always positive and hurt when anything negative happens to the club I love.

So please tell me what a true fan is. 

17 minutes ago, steelowl said:

anyone having the pleasure of challenging face to face  usually does 

it's a bit like telling the guy who used to wander round winn gardens talking to an imaginary parrot  his answer would be it's your problem you can't see it 

We've met before S/O....

Thought there was something familiar about you ? 

lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Which bit of being on a forum dont he understand

We're not here to blow smoke up his backside 

If they have been good then praise comes

If they've been crap and we are right now,then the door swings both ways and should accept criticism 

There’s a lot of swinging both ways goin on these days...apparently :Pelupessy:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because the fans negativity online was pretty much right at the forefront of the whole fans forum mate

I think if the fans are positive then we can't be blamed anymore.

Instead why not be positive, have a laugh, try and do as many positive things as possible to help out things like our community team etc, and let Chansiri crack on and prove the naysayers wrong

This.

It's pretty much accepted now he's struggling badly and has fooked up.

Abusing him, and not being constructive adds nothing.

It's not like Uncle D where we weren't even sure he cared. DC cares, he's just out of his depth.

Can I put it on record, as the official anti-fan, I want him to change his ways and succeed with us.

I'm behind DC sorting his own mess out.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah he does mate but ultimately who owns it is completely irrelevant

Since the meeting I've been involved in helping organise a few things behind the scenes which I want to keep behind the scenes as it's not about me or Owlstalk but getting a few things going successfully and it looks like they will do. 

Cheers, appreciate the response and honesty. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Because true fans like you an£ casbah owl and all that mob are constantly slagging all us fans saying we no nowt we are infesting 5his site with our negative comments etc...we are realists..

Slag you off ??? Maybe I’ve disagreed with your point of view once or twice ... but I haven’t slagged anyone off 

I just don’t see why we have to attack eachother .... were all fans are we not ? Differing views maybe but we all want the same thing