Alex Hunt

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m sure he’s an exciting prospect, but surely, even allowing for the blue and white specs, it’s pretty obvious he’s nowhere near ready for first team football On the evidence of that 45 minutes anyway

Completely agree. Connor Kirby looks that he could be ready to feature on the bench. He’s definitely got something about him.

Agree he looked a bit lost and it was no surprise we improved second half with Kirby.  

He did show some nice touches and looks to have a good footy brain.  Needs to get stronger for me but we may have another player in there. 

9 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

First SWFC player born this millennium.

We have been outside the Premier League all his life.

:sad:

Ive been supporting Wednesday for 40 years and we have been out of the top division for most of that too.

13 minutes ago, Dave DJ said:

Although Kirby looked better in the second half so did Hunt after the first goal, would Kirby have done any better in the first 25 minutes? 

That’s a fair point actually, our usual wee wee poor tactics of inviting the opposition into us, probably did him no favours

Was a tough debut..  u can tell he was very nervous, which is to be expected,  gave the ball away a couple of times in the first 20mins or so.

But it will have done him the world of good for his development,  like as been said already, keep him in and around the first team with U23 games and the odd

appearance on the bench this season.

Big credit to Jos for giving the youngsters a chance.

Penny looks ready at LB to me to be more regular,  Nielsen looks a little shaky but grow as the game went on and again 90mins of first team football will have done him

wonders,  Kirby looked very good in the second half.

No wonderkids just yet but solid enough starts in the first team,  not one of them let us down which is a big positive.

He looked neat and tidy without doing owt particularly - did little going forward but not many did. Difficult to assess him under the circumstances and having Bannan as a midfield partner who is very similar physically and technic wise. 

I think the half-time withdrawal was perhaps planned - so a good run out for him which everyone involved will learn a lot from.

I thought Kirby looked more involved and had more bite but the game was won by then and Sunderland had tired so we shouldn't measure the two performances.

He didn't settle enough to let his natural game show.

He was obviously self conscious and nervous , knowing he was on TV. Those few mistakes in the first 10 minutes didn't help at all. After that he was just too nervous to want the ball and was passing it back to defence or anyone immediately.

A shame because I think he has ability. Had the first 10 minutes gone differently it could have been a different story.

9 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Played well, bit nervy at times but can see a classy player in there.

Got to disagree with that. Based on yesterdays performance he looked lost, always looked to go backwards, misplaced passes. Quite anonymous really. Wasn't the best debut for the kid unfortunately and feel maybe the occasion got to him a bit.

However, not writing him off there at all. Needs games 

Thought Penney and Kirby came on and did well though