Alex Hunt

Guest Grez Bez

Wowsers. He looks 14...

Played well, bit nervy at times but can see a classy player in there.

Needs to grow into his own body a bit before a loan IMO. More gane in the U23s with the odd sub in the first team and he'll be cracking...

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

Wowsers. He looks 14...

Played well, bit nervy at times but can see a classy player in there.

Needs to grow into his own body a bit before a loan IMO. More gane in the U23s with the odd sub in the first team and he'll be cracking...

yes I agree a loan for him is too soon , a year with u23s would be better 1st . 

When he picked up his card, I thought - that's a player who isn't scared of the game and he will do well.

He may look like a kid and all that, but in that brief 45 minutes I saw something.   He needs looking after definitely.    I'd keep him in and around the first team squad, more u23 games etc but the odd game in front of the home fans as sub when we are winning won't do him any harm.

That first 25 minutes was difficult for a young player coming into the team. A little lost at times but grew in confidence towards the end of the half.

There is a player there and this experience will only be a positive for his development. Thought he did ok, but Kirby looked more first team ready.

25 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I know Jos is a big fan of his, as is Barry Bannan.

Wasn't too sure if he was ready physically for the first team though, and I think tonight proved it.

But a great experience for him, and it won't be his last game for us.

Fully agree with this. Was he subbed off so that we could give other players experience? It felt a bit pre-arranged, as while he'd been a bit lightweight in the first half he was far from a liability.

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

John harkes looked crap on debut,the rest is history .

You mention John harkes and the first thing I remember is that cup screamer from about 40 yards against Derby and Peter Shilton in goal... Brilliant need say no more. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He was rubbish to be honest.  Tough debut but will hopefully improve. Thought Kirby was excellent when he replaced him though