#SWFC announce 6 game bundle - full details here

It's good they are coming up with ideas but the prices are too high on this bundle. A 6 game bundle sat on the south stand at £220 compared to a season ticket at Huddersfield is £249. Any neutral will not come to Hillsborough. Prices needed to be better. As for Wednesday fans at the average price still being over £30 for non members and it doesn't include a ticket to the derby. Half hearted gesture i am feeling. Sorry wanted to be positive but this feels like a drop in the ocean.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I really feel for the club here.

'the club' has made its bed and now has to deal with the consequences

They're at the point where tickets have an image of being unaffordable

Because to an increasing amount they are - 'the club' chose to go down that route

They're really trying and I applaud it 

It's almost like they're in a position where it's virtually impossible to sort this situation out unless we go on a mad winning run of games and pull people back in

We're not going to go on a mad winning run because of disastrous decisions made by 'the club'

It's a really tough one for the club currently

It's tougher for fans who can no longer support their team

We should support and applaud any positives they do to try and sort it

Some fans might buy these in order to do their bit and try and help out with FFP/P&S

The fans have done more than their bit to help financially, and their money has been pissed up the wall. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I really feel for the club here.

They're at the point where tickets have an image of being unaffordable

They're really trying and I applaud it 

It's almost like they're in a position where it's virtually impossible to sort this situation out unless we go on a mad winning run of games and pull people back in

It's a really tough one for the club currently

We should support and applaud any positives they do to try and sort it

Some fans might buy these in order to do their bit and try and help out with FFP/P&S

Agree, the club are listening to feedback and acting.

Not for me as I can't get to enough games before 22nd December, but if evolved to a 6 or 12 game bundle over a season then I'd be interested and sure after we have tested this offer, more  bundles might be introduced. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Then they introduce a scheme that has 9 potential different price points for your average adult alone. 

I get what the club are trying to do, totally. It's just... I think they're struggling. I really do. 

So @DeeJayOne - does this mean Sheffield Wednesday now has 209 different prices to just buy a ticket to watch a match?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's your situation?

Member?

The thing is if i knew i could commit to 6 games before xmas id have probably bought a season ticket! 6 games across the whole season would have been ok though. Im not putting this idea down because im sure theres people that this will be ideal for. Ive got a silver membership and 23 years old and i have a member. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

The thing is if i knew i could commit to 6 games before xmas id have probably bought a season ticket! 6 games across the whole season would have been ok though. Im not putting this idea down because im sure theres people that this will be ideal for. Ive got a silver membership and 23 years old and i have a member. 

Wonder what the reason is for not doing it across the whole season?

Maybe it's in case we start storming the league and everyone then wants to go to more games?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So @DeeJayOne - does this mean Sheffield Wednesday now has 209 different prices to just buy a ticket to watch a match?

My quick calculations make it ~246 different ticket prices with the addition of these bundles, I think (could be wrong, but it is around that figure).

TWO-HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX DIFFERENT MATCH TICKET PRICES.

And that is not counting anything to do with Season Tickets.

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

My quick calculations make it ~246 different ticket prices with the addition of these bundles, I think (could be wrong, but it is around that figure).

TWO-HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX DIFFERENT MATCH TICKET PRICES.

And that is not counting anything to do with Season Tickets.

I reckon this needs an indepth look

If we can check all this out and detail them all in some kind of mad list and present it to the club and fans we could all agree to just chill the fizz out with the different tiers, categories, schemes etc and simplify ticket pricing at SWFC to encourage more sales.

Owlstalk Shop

It's basically just another pricing scheme on top of the already complex pricing schemes we already have. 

Many clubs just have gold silver bronze POTG admission prices.  

Blades Leeds Forest Villa Rotherham would be gold in our case.  Derby Hull etc might be silver.   Brentford Millwall and most of others would be bronze at cheapest POTG prices. 

Season tickets would be pitched at about 30% cheaper than average POTG. 

If we are going to have memberships, I'd say a £50 one with £10 off any and every game would be a winner.  

Not everyone even uses  a computer.  

I miss the days when you could just walk up to a turnstile with '£20' marked on top of it. Buying in advance when you know there'll be 15,000 empty seats at Hillsborough for nearly all our games shouldn't be essential.  Most casual fans maybe only decide at Saturday lunchtime. 

Just my humble opinion. 

I was hoping it was going to be six games over the season. Having given up on travelling to midweek games from MK I note that 4 of the 11 games are evening KO's and I am working away on a couple of Saturday fixtures so unfortunately it will not be worth me taking this up.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I reckon this needs an indepth look

If we can check all this out and detail them all in some kind of mad list and present it to the club and fans we could all agree to just chill the fizz out with the different tiers, categories, schemes etc and simplify ticket pricing at SWFC to encourage more sales.

Definitely.

15 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I appreciate the club is trying something new and applaud them for it.

My initial thought looking at it is that if someone can afford those prices, the likelihood is that they would have been afford a season ticket.

Hopefully a lot of people will see a benefit to it and jump on board though, and the quality of football matches the fan's investment.

Must admit that was my first thought as well, which is why I think it'd be better if they made it more flexible on a sliding scale. People with less disposable income could then still get benefits of discounted tickets if they bulk buy

'hello i would 4 tickets for the Ipswich game please, 2 adults, 2 children, how much is that?'

'Certainly sir the cheapest way for you to do that sir is to get our 6 game bundle where the tickets for the 2 adults will only be £36.66 each and only £13.33 for your kids'

'oh ok well really i wanted a ticket for that game really and was looking at cheapest way of sitting in the family stand'

'not a problem sir well it's £39 per ticket for the Ipswich game in the south stand and £15 per ticket for the children, so it will come to £108 for the Ipswich game or £600 for the 6 game bundle'

'so i save £8 by getting the bundle?'

'yes sir'

'it's ok i'll take the kids out for the day elsewhere, cheers though'.

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

Must admit that was my first thought as well, which is why I think it'd be better if they made it more flexible on a sliding scale. People with less disposable income could then still get benefits of discounted tickets if they bulk buy

One for the future - give every Wednesday fan a Wednesday Card

Let them load tickets onto it

The more matchday tickets you buy in advance and load on the more discount the club gives you on the deal, encouraging multiple purchases all at once like this 6 game bundle

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

'hello i would 4 tickets for the Ipswich game please, 2 adults, 2 children, how much is that?'

'Certainly sir the cheapest way for you to do that sir is to get our 6 game bundle where the tickets for the 2 adults will only be £36.66 each and only £13.33 for your kids'

'oh ok well really i wanted a ticket for that game really and was looking at cheapest way of sitting in the family stand'

'not a problem sir well it's £39 per ticket for the Ipswich game in the south stand and £15 per ticket for the children, so it will come to £108 for the Ipswich game or £600 for the 6 game bundle'

'so i save £8 by getting the bundle?'

'yes sir'

'it's ok i'll take the kids out for the day elsewhere, cheers though'.

Those maths cannot be correct 

£8 saving over a 6 game bundle?

I'm not convinced your numbers are correct

Owlstalk Shop

All this stems from everything being too expensive. It prevents you from being able to do anything that makes a significant difference

Commercial income however is the big ticket item and we don't have as many restrictions as with match tickets (EFL rules etc once a season has started) so DC should be looking to re-engage commercially