#SWFC announce 6 game bundle - full details here

There comes a point when the fan base needs to understand that we as fans need to put money into the club to keep it ticking.

Nothing is for free. If I didn't have a season ticket I would have bought a membership, even if I was only able to attend 1-2 games a season as the membership would make me feel more connected to the club.

That's probably why I disagree with most on here as whether this is a good offer as my starting point would be I'm already a member which has added value in non monetary terms.

If you are going to dissect every offer the club make then there will be holes and cheaper options.

The club could have lowered them to £20 per games and you still have complaints. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

By my (admittedly shocking) maths Gold Members actually pay more than Silver Members per game with this bundle (IF my maths are correct)

If they repeat the bundle in the second half of the season it would work out even

Per bundle 180 165 145
2 360 330 290
Membership 0 50 90
Total Paid 360 380

Then I suppose there are the extra discounts that might make gold worth it over silver  - or indeed over no membership at all. They've tied themselves in knots with the plans and schemes and phases. 

1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

There comes a point when the fan base needs to understand that we as fans need to put money into the club to keep it ticking.

lol

Given we are paying the highest prices in the division for just about everything I think we are aware of this.

• Haha 2

Just now, rickygoo said:

They've tied themselves in knots with the plans and schemes and phases. 

I think @DeeJayOne should do some full research  on this one so we can present it to the club before next season's pricing is decided - to hopefully streamline things and make them less confusing

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 13.20.26.jpg

Ps my maths may be wrong but looks to me like Gold Members pay more overall for the same games as a non member and more than a silver member

Is that correct?

If the Gold Members only use their discount for 6 matches yes.

Edited by royalowlisback

2 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

The club could have lowered them to £20 per games and you still have complaints. 

I honestly can't think of a single person who would complain at that.
That's not me being deliberately argumentative but I just think everyone would be snapping tickets up at that price

Owlstalk Shop

I actually think this is a good idea and I have always disagreed with the pricing of the tickets, but these are prices more like what I expected them to be when Chansiri first took over. I don't see many people taking this up though. There is no expectation of being towards the top of the table being the main one, but that affects all tickets, but a lot of people just won't turn up now anyway.

However for the ones who do want to go, but can't justify paying current walk up prices, this should reflect better value. £30 for Kop, £33 for North, £36 for South (ish) with kids (u17) £13. The games coming up aren't likely to be low category either. We have Stoke, West Brom, Leeds, Derby and Middlesbrough, all good teams expected to do well. And also the Rotherham match. However, can they afford to stump up the £200+ or around £300, including a kid, now before pay day? When pay day comes, two of the games will have already gone.

Also if people can't make midweek, then 3 of the games are already out of the equation and there might be more games moved for TV.

A step in the right direction. I just hope that if this doesn't get a lot of people signing up, the club won't just ditch this idea because I think more flexibility is needed and a lot more notice given before the first match this affects.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

If the Gold Members only their discount for 6 matches yes.

Thought so 

That's bizarre

Why would a higher priced membership result in you paying more per game than a lower priced member?

All these schemes, tiers, categories.... seriously... they just need to STOP

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I honestly can't think of a single person who would complain at that.
That's not me being deliberately argumentative but I just think everyone would be snapping tickets up at that price

I honestly don't think they would come flocking until we are successful on the pitch.

If we become a mid table championship club with no real hope of promotion with £20 tickets we would have lower attendances.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RockieOwl said:

I actually think this is a good idea and I have always disagreed with the pricing of the tickets, but these are prices more like what I expected them to be when Chansiri first took over. I don't see many people taking this up though. There is no expectation of being towards the top of the table being the main one, but that affects all tickets, but a lot of people just won't turn up now anyway.

However for the ones who do want to go, but can't justify paying current walk up prices, this should reflect better value. £30 for Kop, £33 for North, £36 for South (ish) with kids (u17) £13. The games coming up aren't likely to be low category either. We have Stoke, West Brom, Leeds, Derby and Middlesbrough, all good teams expected to do well. And also the Rotherham match. However, can they afford to stump up the £200+ or around £300, including a kid, now before pay day? When pay day comes, two of the games will have already gone.

Also if people can't make midweek, then 3 of the games are already out of the equation and there might be more games moved for TV.

A step in the right direction. I just hope that if this doesn't get a lot of people signing up, the club won't just ditch this idea because I think more flexibility is needed and a lot more notice given before the first match this affects.

Good points, but those 2 games are already selected for Sky - maybe some of the other ones will as well.

Just now, Manchester_Owl said:

I honestly don't think they would come flocking until we are successful on the pitch.

If we become a mid table championship club with no real hope of promotion with £20 tickets we would have lower attendances.

Just need to find that point where the club can charge as much as possible whilst fans are happy paying it

Difficult without success on the pitch as you say

We need wins asap

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Nothing is for free. If I didn't have a season ticket I would have bought a membership, even if I was only able to attend 1-2 games a season as the membership would make me feel more connected to the club.

That's probably why I disagree with most on here as whether this is a good offer as my starting point would be I'm already a member which has added value in non monetary terms.

If you are going to dissect every offer the club make then there will be holes and cheaper options.

Why when the owners clearly don't know how to use the money wisely? They don't and have never had a long term strategy for the football club. It's basically been poo or bust, which is frankly negligent.

It's almost laughable that we even discuss minor savings for tickets, or things like a tiny bbc reduction, when we have players at this club earning over £20,000.00 and have spent £8 million on transfers. It's a drop in the ocean financially. Even more so when we turn out or refuse to engage in negotiations for things such as sponsorship, which would put some proper money into the club.

Non monatry value in this scheme:-

1) You can avoid games when you can't or would struggle to make it.

2) More connected to the club.

3) there is no commitment to a full or half a season.

4) if the team are under performing you don't have to commit if that is your choice.

Monatry value:-

1) There is a saving compared to buying 6 tickets individually.

2) cheaper than a season ticket.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Thought so 

That's bizarre

Why would a higher priced membership result in you paying more per game than a lower priced member?

All these schemes, tiers, categories.... seriously... they just need to STOP

£145 for 6 games is £24.17 per game. With the £10 Gold membership discount on full price games you'd have to be going to 6 cat D games and below to make it cost more. Do you really think that Chansiri is going to have more than 4 of those 10 games at cat D and below? 

Those matches and predicted cats are:

Millwall D/E

Ipswich D/E

Stoke A/B

Leeds A

West Brom A/B

Boro A/B

Norwich C/D

Derby B/C

Bolton D/E

Rotherham C/D

If you were sensible you'd pick Stoke, Leeds, West Brom, Boro, Derby and Rotherham/Norwich (if you want to see Rhodes and give stick). 

6 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Why when the owners clearly don't know how to use the money wisely? They don't and have never had a long term strategy for the football club. It's basically been poo or bust, which is frankly negligent.

It's almost laughable that we even discuss minor savings for tickets, or things like a tiny bbc reduction, when we have players at this club earning over £20,000.00 and have spent £8 million on transfers. It's a drop in the ocean financially. Even more so when we turn out or refuse to engage in negotiations for things such as sponsorship, which would put some proper money into the club.

It's expensive for all clubs in the Championship to compete at the top. Only 3 teams get promoted.

This means ALL clubs will be in debt.

We had a shot and it didn't work. We go again with restrictions. We are not in threat of administration, unless Chansiri leaves.

The alternative is to balance the books and play lower end Championship or League 1. I personally don't want that.

3 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

£145 for 6 games is £24.17 per game. With the £10 Gold membership discount on full price games you'd have to be going to 6 cat D games and below to make it cost more. Do you really think that Chansiri is going to have more than 4 of those 10 games at cat D and below? 

Those matches and predicted cats are:

Millwall D/E

Ipswich D/E

Stoke A/B

Leeds A

West Brom A/B

Boro A/B

Norwich C/D

Derby B/C

Bolton D/E

Rotherham C/D

If you were sensible you'd pick Stoke, Leeds, West Brom, Boro, Derby and Rotherham/Norwich (if you want to see Rhodes and give stick). 

I doubt Rhodes will be allowed to play?

Leeds and West Brom are both on Sky - so take them out, many casual supporters will watch it home/pub.

I appreciate what they’ve done here. And they’re trying find the best middle ground for fans and club. 

I won’t be signing up to this. 

However, if they included the Christmas fixtures and slightly after I would probably have signed up. I have time off at Christmas and paying for the Christmas fixtures in advance would be a great financial help