Sheffield Wednesday Ladies FC

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm going to take a mad stab in the dark here and just have a total guess that all those whinging about the possibility of a Ladies Football Team at Sheffield Wednesday are middle aged men and not women or younger supporters?

Just a stab in the dark guess like I say...

If every middle aged man vanished..(even the white ones) you'd have quarter full football grounds and student owl running owlstalk and it's 15 strong membership.

On 16/08/2018 at 17:47, zzmdu said:

Some right rubbish in this thread; no doubt by fat unfit talentless middle aged men.

Is Jessica Ennis rubbish because she wouldn't qualify for the Decathalon? 

Don't be sexist against us overweight middle aged talentless men 😡

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can sense the pent up anger ready to be unleashed if anyone suggests the womens game is financed properly by our club

The ladies teams at our club are self financed I think the only help they get is kits at cost price pretty sure that's how it goes 

havnt ever watched a game but seen snippets and it strikes me that the keepers are a bit suspect .....i know in cricket they play with a smaller ball as they have smaller hands so is it the same in football are do the use the same size  ball as the men .......

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

havnt ever watched a game but seen snippets and it strikes me that the keepers are a bit suspect .....i know in cricket they play with a smaller ball as they have smaller hands so is it the same in football are do the use the same size  ball as the men .......

Nope, the equipment, pitch sizes and rules are exactly the same as the men's game.

I think the main difference these days is the depth of quality. The top 8-10 teams in the world are markedly better than the rest. As more and more countries have professional leagues the professional talent pool gets bigger and the overall quality continues to improve. 

The old tropes of dodgy keepers are long gone, there have been some excellent goalkeeping displays at this Euros IMO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Nope, the equipment, pitch sizes and rules are exactly the same as the men's game.

I think the main difference these days is the depth of quality. The top 8-10 teams in the world are markedly better than the rest. As more and more countries have professional leagues the professional talent pool gets bigger and the overall quality continues to improve. 

The old tropes of dodgy keepers are long gone, there have been some excellent goalkeeping displays at this Euros IMO.

Ih come on let’s have a bit of honesty here..if Dawson or Stockdale had let in a similar shot to England’s winner last night...there would have been a epic meltdown on here..some people like women’s football some people won’t watch it..what’s it matter?..Just don’t tell us on the local news that the chuckledome was ‘packed out’ the other night...about 8000 in a 12000 capacity ground...if everybody stopped over eggin it...a lot would stop under eggin it

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The coach said:

Ih come on let’s have a bit of honesty here..if Dawson or Stockdale had let in a similar shot to England’s winner last night...there would have been a epic meltdown on here..some people like women’s football some people won’t watch it..what’s it matter?..Just don’t tell us on the local news that the chuckledome was ‘packed out’ the other night...about 8000 in a 12000 capacity ground...if everybody stopped over eggin it...a lot would stop under eggin it

Stop being a edit. I have noticed that when you make posts like this you deliberately go for the misspelling of words and dodgy grammar for effect.