Sheffield Wednesday Ladies FC

After the very justified question of why we don't have a women's team, and what the club is doing to change it, it's time to press the club again on the matter. It's time we got into the modern world and promote this big time, a successful women's team could really contribute to bringing some of those 'non paying customers' to Hillsborough. 

Thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

After the very justified question of why we don't have a women's team, and what the club is doing to change it, it's time to press the club again on the matter. It's time we got into the modern world and promote this big time, a successful women's team could really contribute to bringing some of those 'non paying customers' to Hillsborough. 

Thoughts?

The club have said they're already on with it and committed to doing it

We only had the fans forum last Monday

Give em chance/time

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Maxine
6 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Just concentrate on sorting the current mess we are in first...

Don't bite of more than we can chew.

When things are running smoothly then other ventures can be pursued. 

I agree. 

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Disappointing, women's football is nearly on par with men's now quality wise, in fact some of them could beat the men.

That's obviously not true but I do agree it would be nice if the club did more with SWLFC.

It is however a 'nice to have'; there is no money on it and I think we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

3 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

That's obviously not true but I do agree it would be nice if the club did more with SWLFC.

It is however a 'nice to have'; there is no money on it and I think we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Wednesday, 15th August 2018 ( 473,811 Visitors )

Sheffield Wednesday Ladies are SWFC's official female representative club at both junior and senior level's. Based in Sheffield our teams play in the Sheffield & Hallamshire Girls & Women's County Leagues with our First team competing in the North East Regional Women's Football League (NERWFL) We have 9 junior teams and are the only club in South Yorkshire with a team currently competing at every available age group within the SHGCL league structure from U9's through to U18's giving girls a direct pathway to senior women's football with our First, Reserve and Development teams. This now makes us South Yorkshires biggest all female football club. 

38 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Thoughts?

I asked the question twelve months ago and was told not until we reach the Premiership 

28 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Disappointing, women's football is nearly on par with men's now quality wise, in fact some of them could beat the men.

Technically they have improved tremendously over the past fifteen years or so.  Only watched a few games on telly and have enjoyed the games.  So much so that you see them as players more than what sex they are. 

I would doubt very much they could ever beat a man's side I would even go as far to say that the present Women's England team couldn't beat a decent pub team.  That would purely because of the strength factor, skill wise and ability they are on a par.

Would be nice to be proven wrong though.

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, Watson said:

Technically they have improved tremendously over the past fifteen years or so.  Only watched a few games on telly and have enjoyed the games.  So much so that you see them as players more than what sex they are. 

I would doubt very much they could ever beat a man's side I would even go as far to say that the present Women's England team couldn't beat a decent pub team.  That would purely because of the strength factor, skill wise and ability they are on a par.

Would be nice to be proven wrong though.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

Whilst the quality isn't great I enjoy it. I like all levels of football regardless of how good they are. 

It's nice to watch players not roll around like girls men when injured

47 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are I have no interest in women’s football and most of the fans I know (including women) feel the same.

For me it’s not about equality but more of what I’d like to see the money I put into the club going towards and I’d rather we get out of this FFP mess than start a women’s team.

SWFLC is not directly associated with swfc more of a community team. SFC have had to drop out of the championship this season due to the mammoth financial commitments required. I heard the SUFC are struggling already with there new team. The women’s game is in a worst state than the men’s financially with the elite clubs buying there way in and the teams that established the female game being swept away for big name men’s team. Looks at donny bells. The girls game is really doing well. Every season more and more participation more clubs adding girls team to there rosters. It is putting a strain on facilities though as there is not enough 3G pitches available that players can get to.

• Thanks 2