Just got back

41 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

We do have serious problems I agree, but I knew that before watching us today. I repeat, if we took our chances today then we win that comfortably. We’ve played two below average teams so far so if you think that was crap wait till we play someone decent. 

Brentford on Sunday is going to be a proper test.

But if they’d taken their chances we would have been two down after 10 minutes.

11 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

We are a relegation side, the sooner people accept this  the better

Yep but no doubt people will shoot you down for saying so. Take away FF and we have nothing positive in our game. 

Edited by s6 owl

Thought it was a decent open game, not much quality but plenty of endeavour. First half, despite the majority of possession we looked messy trying to embed the 343 system, but tightened up after half time and hope we persist with this system.

While I thought Hutch looked comfortable in possession  spraying the ball round like a quarterback, was obvious at times he is a midfielder as his instinct is to follow the ball resulting in dropping too deep in the defensive line, but tightened up positonaly  in the second half.

After we scored only one team looked like winning and we were unlucky on a couple of occasions, Thought Fletcher did extremely well on all aspects other than putting the ball in the net and our attacking play with the 3 up front looked more  progressive.

The big positives for me were Baker and Thornily. While not completely comfortable in their positions showed they are better than any other options we have  at the club and deserve a run in the side.

Taking away any expectations of anything other than mid table, all in all was an entertaining game, we kept  going until the end, showed decent energy and created plenty of chances.

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought it was a decent open game, not much quality but plenty of endeavour. First half, despite the majority of possession we looked messy trying to embed the 343 system, but tightened up after half time and hope we persist with this system.

While I thought Hutch looked comfortable in possession  spraying the ball round like a quarterback, was obvious at times he is a midfielder as his instinct is to follow the ball resulting in dropping too deep in the defensive line, but tightened up positonaly  in the second half.

After we scored only one team looked like winning and we were unlucky on a couple of occasions, Thought Fletcher did extremely well on all aspects other than putting the ball in the net and our attacking play with the 3 up front looked more  progressive.

The big positives for me were Baker and Thornily. While not completely comfortable in their positions showed they are better than any other options we have  at the club and deserve a run in the side.

Taking away any expectations of anything other than mid table, all in all was an entertaining game, we kept  going until the end, showed decent energy and created plenty of chances.

Cool story bro.

343?

Edited by stanningtonowl

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Thorniley was great 

Baker not outstanding but solid 

Fernando his usual torment to opposition 

Dawson very unlucky with goal

Fox needs to go 

There is no 'great' player in that team I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

Mate,don't know where you travel from or to but you deserve a f@ckin medal. I got back to High Green at 17:15 n l felt p1ssed off n all.

This but there's still loads of happy clappers tonight. One thinks we could win at a canter. Jezus wept. 

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

One word after spending hours on the train back,

pathetic.

Reach was ok.

Maybe you should have had less to drink on the train, or perhaps more and gone home to sleep rather than type this.

It wasn't great by any means but we played a lot better second half, cut out the sloppiness that allowed them the early chances and created plenty of our own. Disappointing not to win but if you think that was pathetic then you must have set the bar high and missed a lot of what we produced last season. 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe you should have had less to drink on the train, or perhaps more and gone home to sleep rather than type this.

It wasn't great by any means but we played a lot better second half, cut out the sloppiness that allowed them the early chances and created plenty of our own. Disappointing not to win but if you think that was pathetic then you must have set the bar high and missed a lot of what we produced last season. 

Really.

Pfft.

I played back in the day at Volsparkstadion, played against Bobby Gould at Bristol Rovers,  albeit amateur ,but do know what I see with my own eyes.

14 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Really.

Pfft.

I played back in the day at Volsparkstadion, played against Bobby Gould at Bristol Rovers,  albeit amateur ,but do know what I see with my own eyes.

OK, so if you class today's performance as 'pathetic' how would you rate plenty of what was on offer last season and what are you expecting from this campaign?

I thought Hull were pretty poor so we were probably lucky to face them today and not someone better. 

Hopefully Jos is learning from every game, and that today he learnt Fox isn’t the answer, after learning that about Palmer and JVA last week. 

As people have said, one of our weakest areas is Pelupessy so hopefully we will be able to sign one player and it may have to be a midfield enforcer 

• Like 1

Were too easy to dominate we lack the basics it takes to get out of this divison,of height,strength and pace,especially in CM where we look too lightweight.

We failed to build on our early sucess in reaching the playoff final,instead of adding the required qualities and completing the jigsaw, we invested in ageing ex prem players that had experienced promotion sucess.

Not only will it be a long season for us as fans,it will take a good few years to right the wrongs.

Edited by legendaryswan

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

We are a relegation side, the sooner people accept this  the better

We're a one man team 

People bang on about bannan and lees but they won't keep us up

If Fernando goes or has a serious injury ,we are screwed big time

2 hours ago, honoluluswfc said:

Re Joey specifically, he seems to be a 6/10 defensive midfielder at the minute and a 6/10 attacking minded player of the ball. He needs to focus on what what his strengths are (I’m not sure) and bring it up to an 8+ 

I was hoping Joey was going step on this season, he still might but today he was a 2/10 liability.  Fortunately for him Fox ensured he wasn't the worst player on the pitch.

You're a club in an absolute state, top to bottom. However, you do have a handful of players who are high-end Championship level, so there won't be a relegation worry I don't think. 

Trouble with you lot is you crucify players far too readily, rather than get behind them. It makes a huge difference. Couple that with the antics of Chansiri and it's a recipe for dog turd. On your shoe, that you've walked into the living room, that caused an argument with her indoors. 

If the little tuna man thinks that squad's getting promotion, he's on that spice stuff. But you won't go down. 

You'll tow, probably end up just above the drop zone. United will be mid table. 

Sad times, but better than other years. Or summat.

7 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

You're a club in an absolute state, top to bottom. However, you do have a handful of players who are high-end Championship level, so there won't be a relegation worry I don't think. 

Trouble with you lot is you crucify players far too readily, rather than get behind them. It makes a huge difference. Couple that with the antics of Chansiri and it's a recipe for dog turd. On your shoe, that you've walked into the living room, that caused an argument with her indoors. 

If the little tuna man thinks that squad's getting promotion, he's on that spice stuff. But you won't go down. 

You'll tow, probably end up just above the drop zone. United will be mid table. 

Sad times, but better than other years. Or summat.

All we need. MOT gloaters.