Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, daleblue said:

One word after spending hours on the train back,

pathetic.

Reach was ok.

Surely thats 4 words?

1 minute ago, Mr Meadows said:

Did you leave at half time?

if so I could agree with you... second half was far from pathetic though, thought we played some decent stuff at times and should have won by 2 or 3

think it’s going to be a tough season though 

They were absolute crap. yes we were better second half.

Just got back too.

Thought we were ok created the chances to win the game. Fletcher (who I thought had a decent game) had 3 clear chances to win it. 

The two youngsters were excellent as was Forestieri. Reach did well and Bannan grew into the game. Hutchinson solid. Lees defensively solid but worrying on the ball.

Not sure on Joey think he is too lightweight in the tackle and awkward on the ball.

Good to see Matias back. Where was Joao? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Just got back too.

Thought we were ok created the chances to win the game. Fletcher (who I thought had a decent game) had 3 clear chances to win it. 

The two youngsters were excellent as was Forestieri. Reach did well and Bannan grew into the game. Hutchinson solid. Lees defensively solid but worrying on the ball.

Not sure on Joey think he is too lightweight in the tackle and awkward on the ball.

Good to see Matias back. Where was Joao? 

Couldn’t have put it better myself tbh 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, daleblue said:

One word after spending hours on the train back,

pathetic.

Reach was ok.

Mate,don't know where you travel from or to but you deserve a f@ckin medal. I got back to High Green at 17:15 n l felt p1ssed off n all.

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Thought we played ok on the whole, first half was poo but Thorniley coming on seemed to change us as a team. 

If Fletcher takes his chances we win at a canter.

They were crap, cant say it enough, if we cant beat these, we have serious problems.

Just now, daleblue said:

They were crap, cant say it enough, if we cant beat these, we have serious problems.

We do have serious problems I agree, but I knew that before watching us today. I repeat, if we took our chances today then we win that comfortably. We’ve played two below average teams so far so if you think that was crap wait till we play someone decent. 

Brentford on Sunday is going to be a proper test.

16 minutes ago, honoluluswfc said:

Re Joey specifically, he seems to be a 6/10 defensive midfielder at the minute and a 6/10 attacking minded player of the ball. He needs to focus on what what his strengths are (I’m not sure) and bring it up to an 8+ 

6/10 attacking midfielder? He’s barely a 1 

That’s the point 

We’ve not come out of the traps in 2 games now against pi$$ poor sides that will be in the bottom 8 - and we’ve paid the price 

Football looks clunky and we’re desperately short of creativity with a manager who has made some odd decisions 

That formation today was bizarre

44 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Did you leave at half time?

if so I could agree with you... second half was far from pathetic though, thought we played some decent stuff at times and should have won by 2 or 3

think it’s going to be a tough season though 

Not if we can build on the second half performance, wele gain confidence, especially the youngsters

• Like 1

First half was an absolute mess.

The club and the fans have tried to make this week as positive as possible and I'm sure most fans turned up today with a real spring and positive thought in their heads - and that first half completely sapped everything away.

We were so negative and lazy - no movement, so many backward passes, crowd got completely worked up and it looked like the players had absolutely no idea what they were meant to do.

2nd half we should have won it - some huge chances, though I thought Forestieri was so unlucky with that absolutely FILTHY turn and shot.

Added points...

The drum... Why on earth don't they try and get the crowd going when it's like it was today? What's the point of it if not to add to the atmosphere? It's alright doing it when we score, but just get a drum going when it's quiet surely?

Also - people who stand up as soon as we get past the bloody half way line on the Kop.  My 8 year old lad got the amazing view of other people's backs - it's a compete nightmare - sit down you complete bellends - it's the 3rd time he's been on the Kop now and he bloody hates it which relegates us to going up in the sky in the expensive family stand next time now.