Just got back

Guest samowl

Hull could have had four first half

We could have had four second half

Fletcher is a waste of forty grand a week. Not to convert at least one of those chances........FFS

8 hours ago, full fathom five said:

We are a relegation side, the sooner people accept this  the better

8 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Yep but no doubt people will shoot you down for saying so. Take away FF and we have nothing positive in our game. 

Let me be among the first to shoot you down.

Nonesense!

A team with FF, Bannan, Lees, Reach, Nuhiu and Fletcher will not go down. Add in Hooper and Lee at some point, and we will come good soon.

Jos needs to improve his set-up first. He seems to have forgotten what worked so well at the back-end. However, he has already put Hutch into the back three- that’s a start. He now needs to accept that Reach is a WB, and that FF needs to be wide, and we can quickly improve drastically. 

It's all very predictable and laboured, and has been since the Play-Off final.

We have one genuine game changer in Forestieri - the only player who get's people on the edge of their seats.

The biggest loss is Lee (At his peak during 2015/16 one of the best players at this level) and the club can't pin their hopes on him reproducing that level of performance, that's if he even manages to get back to being in a position of playing the amount of games his body once could afford.

The most worrying aspect of all is that the Chairman seems to believe it's a squad capable of promotion.

Edited by g-owls

51 minutes ago, samowl said:

Fletcher is a waste of forty grand a week. Not to convert at least one of those chances........FFS

Yeah, he should have converted at least one or two of those three chances that he had, but he's just returned from eight months out injured, so maybe he's a bit rusty.

I thought his overall linkup play, positioning, and holding up of the ball was excellent, though.

Once his match sharpness returns, hopefully we'll see him start to bury those kind of chances again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I thought Hull were pretty poor so we were probably lucky to face them today and not someone better. 

Hopefully Jos is learning from every game, and that today he learnt Fox isn’t the answer, after learning that about Palmer and JVA last week. 

As people have said, one of our weakest areas is Pelupessy so hopefully we will be able to sign one player and it may have to be a midfield enforcer 

I agree Jos is learning.

To have dropped Joost from the 18 was pretty stark. Hopefully he has realised Hutch is better at CB than midfield. Needs to play Hutch right of the 3 though. Lees is the central rock of our team.

That leaves a big question in CM. Jones or Joey? Not exactly Scholes or Gerard is it? However, Jones is a far better footballer and should soon have a chance to show us. 

I worry that Jos might be stuck on a front two. That will be difficult to watch as we know FF will drift deep and wide and leave us playing 361 in reality. Hope he goes back to 343 as soon as Joao is fit again.

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK, so if you class today's performance as 'pathetic' how would you rate plenty of what was on offer last season and what are you expecting from this campaign?

Last Season was last Season, this Season I was hoping for so much better 

giving that a lot of players are back from injury, transition from back to front was lethargic, once Hooper is back that should make the difference, once Fox when off, that side of the pitch was a lot better, but I stand by my thoughts that we should have been a lot better given the poor opposition. 

Guest Maxine
4 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

That's about the size of it, football is full of "Should haves" and "What ifs" 

Yes true and its the points that matter.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Let me be among the first to shoot you down.

Nonesense!

A team with FF, Bannan, Lees, Reach, Nuhiu and Fletcher will not go down. Add in Hooper and Lee at some point, and we will come good soon.

Jos needs to improve his set-up first. He seems to have forgotten what worked so well at the back-end. However, he has already put Hutch into the back three- that’s a start. He now needs to accept that Reach is a WB, and that FF needs to be wide, and we can quickly improve drastically. 

How about a team with Pressman, Pearson, Worthington, Palmer, Hirst ect managed by Ron Atkinson? Can remember many saying that team was too good to go down.

9 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

You're a club in an absolute state, top to bottom. However, you do have a handful of players who are high-end Championship level, so there won't be a relegation worry I don't think. 

Trouble with you lot is you crucify players far too readily, rather than get behind them. It makes a huge difference. Couple that with the antics of Chansiri and it's a recipe for dog turd. On your shoe, that you've walked into the living room, that caused an argument with her indoors. 

If the little tuna man thinks that squad's getting promotion, he's on that spice stuff. But you won't go down. 

You'll tow, probably end up just above the drop zone. United will be mid table. 

Sad times, but better than other years. Or summat.

Who the feck are you? 

Got to agree with W H I T E Y's second sentence about crucifying our players far too readily. A chap behind me was cuciying Pelupessy at one time yesterday because  he didn't 'get stuck in'. This despite there being 3 Hull players lunging after the ball. Any attempt byhim would only have one outcome - fractured limbs for Joey. 

One thing which annoyed me, and has done for ages, is the inability of Wednesday players to move into open spaces. This shows up particularly at throws-in. The player will be stood ages trying to find someone to throw the ball to. Nobody seems to have the nous to move in to open spaces. Another gripe is the constant cross-field playing of the ball in defence. I have no fault with the idea of keeping the ball in defence, but this is the time when mid- and forward players should be doing this, not wandering aimlessly about waiting for something to happen.