Deadline day is looming...

48 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

We’ve missed the boat with Dean Smith now, should have targeted him when Carlos left. He’ll have Brentford in or around the playoffs this season for sure 

Not convinced he will. He’s had every opportunity over the last few seasons and each time they come up short.

Brentford sold big players this summer.

Pigs sell that kid for £11m.

Leeds sell star midfielder for £7.7m.

Goes to show that its perfectly possible to sell players at the right time for big money.

The Chairman should have offloaded the odd big name player a year ago and balanced the books.

I doubt fans here would have bought into that though.

• Thanks 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Westwood will be gone ,and i fear we will lose either Fessi or Bannan .

No one coming in what so ever. 

Yes I think the days of £30k+ pw contract are in the past so players might start running contracts down which see them leaving for diddly ultimately. Good chance that a couple of those 3 will be gone.

Really hope that would allow 2 or 3 solid  defensive loanees though.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Yes I think the days of £30k+ pw contract are in the past so players might start running contracts down which see them leaving for diddly ultimately. Good chance that a couple of those 3 will be gone.

Really hope that would allow 2 or 3 solid  defensive loanees though.

From what has been published in the media, i dont think only  Westwood going will solve our problems. 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Ah so we are to blame. 

Do you add 2 + 2 and get 5 ????

The Chairman is to blame for not selling. Christ. 

There would have been meltdowns on here though if big name players went. Look back at previous threads. 

Doesnt mean we we are to blame just we have too many who can’t see the woods for the trees. 

Big difference. 

1 minute ago, Sticky belly said:

Really hope any deal for Westwood falls through and we can keep him. If BB or Forestieri leave too then I really fear for us. We are in a relegation battle then no question.

Keep your nerve man!!

We've held Wigan to 3-2!!

Get a grip FFS.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

From what has been published in the media, i dont think only  Westwood going will solve our problems. 

Unfortunately agree. The real danger is that can't get a couple out or we get goosed by buying clubs. Pretty desperate.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Really hope any deal for Westwood falls through and we can keep him. If BB or Forestieri leave too then I really fear for us. We are in a relegation battle then no question.

As I said above, if we can't get a couple of big wages off the books plus a few million in we could really be in the mire.

45 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Can see Westwood and ff/bb going.

That is a serious worry. In my view, we only have 3 players who can make/change a game. Forresteri, Banham and Kieran Lee. No one else can run at players, turn or take a shot close to a defender like them. We don’t know if Kieran will be back as he used to be. If we lose the other too it is going to be dire fare this season. 

If we can’t bring anyone else in, and we can’t extend the contracts of players coming to the end of their current deals (because of FFP/P&S sanctions), then the club really have sort out the finances of the first team quickly.

Any ‘deadwood’ that can be shifted out of the club needs to happen, get some of the U23s loaned out to the lower leagues for experience etc.

Hopefully a big clear-out of surplus players in this window, might mean that the club will be in a good position to ‘go again’ in the transfer market in the near future, by getting us out of this embargo.

A few grim years ahead in this league for us, I fear.  So the club needs to be proactive now, in order to secure our financial future IMO.

In other words, if any decent bid comes in for a player, get him sold.

How the f*ck have we ended up in this mess once again?

Edited by The Captain

Forestieri should go. Anyone with market value and a high wage who is out of contract next summer should go. It is time we acknowledge that this team has run its course and a new one needs to be constructed. Better to start that now rather than in a couple years from a weaker position.

A relegation struggle is not ideal, but is actually kind of entertaining relative to mid-table mediocrity. Presuming we don't lose the struggle and actually get relegated, of course.

Better to tool up for that this week and month as well. Could be in a worse position if we stand pat and go into the festive season near the relegation zone with a team of injured fading stars and no P&S room to rebuild.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
18 minutes ago, The Captain said:

If we can’t bring anyone else in, and we can’t extend the contracts of players coming to the end of their current deals (because of FFP/P&S sanctions), then the club really have sort out the finances of the first team quickly.

Any ‘deadwood’ that can be shifted out of the club needs to happen, get some of the U23s loaned out to the lower leagues for experience etc.

Hopefully a big clear-out of surplus players in this window, might mean that the club will be in a good position to ‘go again’ in the transfer market in the near future, by getting us out of this embargo.

A few grim years ahead in this league for us, I fear.  So the club needs to be proactive now, in order to secure our financial future IMO.

In other words, if any decent bid comes in for a player, get him sold.

How the f*ck have we ended up in this mess once again?

Exactly; unfortunately that's the knub of it.