Deadline day is looming...

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
19 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Forestieri should go. Anyone with market value and a high wage who is out of contract next summer should go. It is time we acknowledge that this team has run its course and a new one needs to be constructed. Better to start that now rather than in a couple years from a weaker position.

A relegation struggle is not ideal, but is actually kind of entertaining relative to mid-table mediocrity. Presuming we don't lose the struggle and actually get relegated, of course.

Better to tool up for that this week and month as well. Could be in a worse position if we stand pat and go into the festive season near the relegation zone with a team of injured fading stars and no P&S room to rebuild.

Perversely true.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The only saving grace re Fessi is; Who will match his £35k PW wages? 

If Westwood doesn’t go, will he start on Saturday? 

I imagine the only ones who will be willing to pay his wages are those that still have parachute payments so the likes of Stoke, West Brom and Swansea together with maybe Middlesbrough if they lose Traore and Villa if they sort their finances out in time.

48 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Really hope any deal for Westwood falls through and we can keep him. If BB or Forestieri leave too then I really fear for us. We are in a relegation battle then no question.

Theres always a question my friend, always.

4 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I imagine the only ones who will be willing to pay his wages are those that still have parachute payments so the likes of Stoke, West Brom and Swansea together with maybe Middlesbrough if they lose Traore and Villa if they sort their finances out in time.

That all seems perfectly reasonable from a FFP perspective tho... 

How sh*t is this rule? 

Edited by owls-swfc

3 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

That all seems perfectly reasonable from a FFP perspective tho... 

How sh*t is this rule? 

Very. Although had we gone up in either of our two playoff seasons we probably wouldn't care less about the rule. Small margins unfortunately.

Westwood will go I think as Just makes too much sense. Fessi will not as Mansfield too much of a black mark at the minute. Joao needs a good run this year to go. A Bannan bid would not surprise me but I think we would reject as we don’t have a trusty replacement for him. Lees would not surprise me if a bid came in. Yes injured last year but normally very reliable. Don’t see bids for people I want to go coming in like jones, abdi and Matias.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Rhodes was in installments, and he's off the books this year. His name alone means he would always have sell on value. Abdi is a much bigger issue imo. 

You're quite probably on the money with this IMO.

11 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Rhodes was in installments, and he's off the books this year. His name alone means he would always have sell on value. Abdi is a much bigger issue imo. 

I was referring to fans calling for players to be brought in .Didnt D.C. say he brought Rhodes in through popular demand ? 

30 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I was referring to fans calling for players to be brought in .Didnt D.C. say he brought Rhodes in through popular demand ? 

Ah I see what you mean, think we just got away with that one to be honest tho. Some other signing have been outright disasters. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

Birmingham are subject to fair play league investigations and have just signed five players. 

If the football league have imposed an official embargo surely they would have come out and said so. 

Why doesn't someone ask them? 

Unless we sign players the third division (sorry. League one) and bankruptcy looms when our owner bales out