Where are the MODERATE #SWFC fans?

Ok so we've heard from the extremes of both sides of the current debates from memberships to the BBC Commentaries being taken away from Radio Sheffield and brought inhouse to a £5 a month pay site thing

I'd really like to hear from those fans who don't normally speak up or post on here about what their thoughts are on the current state of play.

I think we'd learn more from them than those who post all day every day

Could those who don't normally post or comment please post their current thoughts on things?

(all the regulars please stay out of this one)

Owlstalk Shop

I am here ! As yet another test match drifted down the pan I decided to switch to Cheapskate TV better known as The Beeb. Synchronised Swimming FFS. Cuts everywhere !

DC has done well not to have his pants pulled down. It's Wednesdays job to cater for the fans who rock up, The Beebs responsibility is to look after the rest Cheapskate F'rs !

Cheapskate was ref to Beeb not our fans many of who are physically unable to make the match. 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
mistake

I only usually post about the games/players and claim to know little or nothing about the machinations of the club and take much of the cant on here with a pinch of salt. Today's announcement re the BBC however, if emblematic of what is actually happening at boardroom level, suggests that the club really is being run as poorly/stupidly as many believe.

Edited by Bleeder
Spelling

I am fairly moderate.

I went to Wembley in '91 and then went out celebrating. I only got home last week. The hangover is kicking in. My Mrs has finished her A'levels, moved out of her mum and dads and is married to a bloke called Barry. I popped round there on my Grifter like a returning hero but her mum and dad barely remembered me. I went round to her new gaff and she was just heading out with Barry in his BMW. She didn't want to talk and he just laughed at me. 

Is it true we sold Nigel Pearson to Boro?

Well we were in the 2nd tier when I left Wembley and we are in the 2nd tier now. Seems ok to me.

Dave Richards looks a bit different and Big Ron has shifted some weight hasn't he.

Barmy Army!!

• Haha 4

:ghoulguy:

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok so we've heard from the extremes of both sides of the current debates from memberships to the BBC Commentaries being taken away from Radio Sheffield and brought inhouse to a £5 a month pay site thing

I'd really like to hear from those fans who don't normally speak up or post on here about what their thoughts are on the current state of play.

I think we'd learn more from them than those who post all day every day

Could those who don't normally post or comment please post their current thoughts on things?

(all the regulars please stay out of this one)

You normally start the sh@t in the first place.. 

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

I am fairly moderate.

I went to Wembley in '91 and then went out celebrating. I only got home last week. The hangover is kicking in. My Mrs has finished her A'levels, moved out of her mum and dads and is married to a bloke called Barry. I popped round there on my Grifter like a returning hero but her mum and dad barely remembered me. I went round to her new gaff and she was just heading out with Barry in his BMW. She didn't want to talk and he just laughed at me. 

Well we were in the 2nd tier when I left Wembley and we are in the 2nd tier now. Seems ok to me.

Dave Richards looks a bit different and Big Ron has shifted some weight hasn't he.

Barmy Army!!

Ahh see ...Its hardly a moderated attitude that....You should have just said "Yup" at the final whistle.........then gone straight home.........................

Edited by asteener1867

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

I am fairly moderate.

Barmy Army!!

That Barry doesn't hang about, does he?

• Like 1

I'm a long time reader. Never actually posted once. Been an owls fan for many years after feeling sorry for them losing against arsenal 25 years ago. Remember a calendar episode where we beat someone (Leeds?) 5-2 (I think) where they said "the owls goalscorer woes continued with 5 different scorers". Being in Devon I even watched us lose to Exeter in their shithole of a stadium. So what do i think?

I think far too many owls have reason for pessism before a ball has been kicked. We have out best players raring to go, we have a manager I admire and trust without the ridiculous sound bites. Many owls are mistaking pride of the club and pride of the team. Am I proud of the team, the coach and what they are saying. Yes. I am. And I think we'll finish above the pigs. Am I proud of the the club's silence on matters? The BBC radio silence? No. I do however understand commercial decisions need to be made for the betterment of the club, the club I started supporting 25 years ago out of pity and the club I still support now out of pride

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm a long time reader. Never actually posted once. Been an owls fan for many years after feeling sorry for them losing against arsenal 25 years ago. Remember a calendar episode where we beat someone (Leeds?) 5-2 (I think) where they said "the owls goalscorer woes continued with 5 different scorers". Being in Devon I even watched us lose to Exeter in their shithole of a stadium. So what do i think?

I think far too many owls have reason for pessism before a ball has been kicked. We have out best players raring to go, we have a manager I admire and trust without the ridiculous sound bites. Many owls are mistaking pride of the club and pride of the team. Am I proud of the team, the coach and what they are saying. Yes. I am. And I think we'll finish above the pigs. Am I proud of the the club's silence on matters? The BBC radio silence? No. I do however understand commercial decisions need to be made for the betterment of the club, the club I started supporting 25 years ago out of pity and the club I still support now out of pride

Your name sounds a bit like a flower.

btw, welcome to Owlstalk.