Where are the MODERATE #SWFC fans?

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm a long time reader. Never actually posted once. Been an owls fan for many years after feeling sorry for them losing against arsenal 25 years ago. Remember a calendar episode where we beat someone (Leeds?) 5-2 (I think) where they said "the owls goalscorer woes continued with 5 different scorers". Being in Devon I even watched us lose to Exeter in their shithole of a stadium. So what do i think?

I think far too many owls have reason for pessism before a ball has been kicked. We have out best players raring to go, we have a manager I admire and trust without the ridiculous sound bites. Many owls are mistaking pride of the club and pride of the team. Am I proud of the team, the coach and what they are saying. Yes. I am. And I think we'll finish above the pigs. Am I proud of the the club's silence on matters? The BBC radio silence? No. I do however understand commercial decisions need to be made for the betterment of the club, the club I started supporting 25 years ago out of pity and the club I still support now out of pride

I agree...........................................

Did you want me to?

• Haha 1

I haven’t seen them in the flesh since Chansiri took over.

£40 + for the first game against Bristol City, in the South, in 2015 did it for me. For second division football.

Crikey.

Said that was it for me - until it changes - and it has been.

The antogonism on here, in that first season, against anyone who objected was saddening. And, it’s continued since. Not the Wednesday community I remembered. 

The Club, socially/communially  and commercially is a shambles.

I won’t be back this season either. I’m not missed - but I haven’t been to the Lane, either. Which will disappoint many. Isn’t that what all the TrueFans suggest.

Visited my Mother yesterday. Had a full English breakfast in the old Post Office at Grenoside (just below the top Red Lion) - can recommend it.

It easier to visit in the week, less traffic - than coincide it with a visit to Hillsborough on Saturday. Much cheaper too.

Enjoy your football.

• Like 3

I'm completely disillusioned with the club. I think DC is pricing out normal fans.

I live in London, and will go if we have a home game when it coincides with visiting family back in Sheffield, my old man is a season ticket holder,  but I'm not paying the membership or POTG prices anymore all the while Chansiri is at the club.

Personally I think DC is fed up and is looking for a way out, and is trying to fleece the fans for as much as he can on the way out, as there is no way he'll get his money back on his investment.

1 minute ago, Professor Plum said:

It's not often that I post and I'm a moderate. This is Sheffield Wednesday leading the way again. Why shouldn't the product be sold with a view to maximising profit. Good old DC, bang on the money again.

Where we lead, others will undoubtedly follow.

When did we "lead" before?

I think its a self defeating f.ook up

Some people love to stir it up just to get attention. Others are too concerned about being seen as "super fans" to hear a word against the club. Personally I'm a cynical optimist. Or an optimistic cynic. It all comes down to what happens Saturday for me.

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

Some people love to stir it up just to get attention. Others are too concerned about being seen as "super fans" to hear a word against the club. Personally I'm a cynical optimist. Or an optimistic cynic. It all comes down to what happens Saturday for me.

Probably the best attitude mate

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok so we've heard from the extremes of both sides of the current debates from memberships to the BBC Commentaries being taken away from Radio Sheffield and brought inhouse to a £5 a month pay site thing

I'd really like to hear from those fans who don't normally speak up or post on here about what their thoughts are on the current state of play.

I think we'd learn more from them than those who post all day every day

Could those who don't normally post or comment please post their current thoughts on things?

(all the regulars please stay out of this one)

Starting with you.

People over react to stuff. It's not Owlstalk, it's the human race. We win a game, HMS PTL is setting sail. We lose, everyone is checking their Google maps for where the League 1 stadiums are. We do something different to other clubs, we are either being run by fools or geniuses. Or an evil dictator who is only in it for proffffit. 

But it's ok. On Owlstalk there are all those reactionary comments to read through, but I still log on every day. I do this partly because I have this obsession with Sheffield Wednesday. But also because there are also people on here who make comments that are informative, well thought out and articulately expressed. Plus there's often some very witty stuff. And I won't get overly frustrated by the failings of humanity, after all I can't do anything to change it. 

I'm excited about the new season under Jos and with a squad of fit players and academy prospects. I don't expect a good result against Wigan because it is the worst time to play against a team that came up as champions. But I expect a decent season

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I am here ! As yet another test match drifted down the pan I decided to switch to Cheapskate TV better known as The Beeb. Synchronised Swimming FFS. Cuts everywhere !

DC has done well not to have his pants pulled down. It's Wednesdays job to cater for the fans who rock up, The Beebs responsibility is to look after the rest Cheapskate F'rs !

Cheapskate was ref to Beeb not our fans many of who are physically unable to make the match. 

It's not all over yet old boygarymegson

41 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I love this thread

A man walks into a lunatic asylum and wants to talk to the sane inmates lol

Sounds like a quote from the Krays Legend film when Tom Hardy says to Richardson gang "Ave yer erd the one where a paranoid schizophrenic walks into a pub with an ammer" 

• Haha 1

Why is it only now that so many people have a voice on how the club should be run and how money be spent when haven't spent anything in the close season?

Many of us raised voices of discontent when the increase in prices cut fans out of seeing the club regularly, as long as they had cheap tickets there wasn't anything to worry about. When the fabric of the club has changed so dramatically in the course of the last few years to something that looks like it could achieve a little  success, is this the price any of us wanted to pay?

There's a chance for the club to repair the truly awful public perception it has among our own fans and other clubs by redressing the issues with local radio, reconnecting itself with the fans and not looking to put a £ sign on everything associated with it.

This isn't a brand that's in heavy demand at the moment so there is zero justification behind holding ticket prices so high and not being in a position to invest in the squad.

• Thanks 1

Hi I'm teat-owl and I'm a moderate.

Tickets are the same price as the last couple of seasons, DC has explained the reason.

Don't mind the shirt prices, they're not insanely different to most clubs. Want a pro-fit and you can afford it, go for it, it's only going towards the club. 

Already subscribe to ifollow.

Think we haven't bought any players because we're doing the right thing by p&s and I think that's the right decision.

All these accusations DC is trying to rinse the fans are rediculous. Chansiri hasn't personally made a penny from the club it's all to try and meet the p&s. Maybe he's pushed that as far as he can, maybe too far in some instances (memberships) but I think he's genuine and has the best interests of the club at heart. Yeah he's made a few mistakes but show me a club that hasn't in an effort to get promoted (at least we're not Derby fans)

We're in a better place than we were 5 years ago.

Plenty of fantastic players throughout the squad and personally I'm looking forward to the season.

Edited by Teat-Owl
  • Like 1