#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone has opinions and you have every right to yours

I just think that any namecalling is poor form but anything regarding race, gender, sexuality etc - nahhhh not in 2018

Glad to see the Owlstalk forum has moved with the times since Mr Fukiyama.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That way of thinking leads to people thinking up all different kinds of reasons for it NOT to be racism

Technically it is but I think club discipline is enough.

I mean what would happen. Could they lock Fessi up for it or just fine him peanuts and tell him off.

I dont want to be dismissive of racism but at the end of the day someone got called a hurtfull name.

11 minutes ago, Eightace said:

It is but two footballers having handbags and using below the belt names just seems different than some Asian woman getting abuse on a bus for example.

I just don't see it as a matter for the police.

agreed

A male adult has called in the police because he got called a name.

Surely there are better - more mature - more advanced ways to solve the matter if he was that upset by it

Edited by torres

No I don't think many are saying that it is ok. It is not.

But if he did say it and he were to show genuine remorse and the reason for saying it was words as a weapon, there may be a case for leniency, compared to someone who stood by what they said or didn't see anything wrong with what they said.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

PS nobody actually knows what happened on this occasion other than FF and the complainant

Has it actually been officially made public that the allegation was made against FF? I didn't see any names mentioned in Mansfield's or Wednesday's statements.

Well, that's another  8-10 racist Owlstalkers outed.

This site is unbelievable, but I suppose it's only indicative of society in general. 

I knew some posters on here had some pretty dodgy opinions, but trying to argue that making a racist remark doesn't make someone racist is , and is only ' calling names' , is pretty pathetic.

If Joao misses an open net next season, are you going to call him a racist name because ' it's the heat of the moment?'  - after all, you aren't a racist so it's OK, folks.

If Palmer miss places a back pass ? 

Opposition players? 

All heat of the moment stuff in 90 minutes.

Unbelievable. 

Not read all 13 pages and i don't know if FF is guilty or not so can't remark on whether he said this or not. If he said it he will get a large ban and a fine and then carry on his career because he is good. Look at John Terry and Luis Suarez. He may have said it and not be proven guilty because of sheer lack of evidence. In lots of other cases there are a lot more cameras than there were at Mansfield and unless another player is willing to say FF said it then it may be a inconclusive outcome.

As an employer Sheffield Wednesday will defend their employee for sure, especially if he is denying he said anything, which i am guessing he is saying he didn't so that is what will happen. There will be an FA hearing and lots of newspaper headlines for a while. He may also get a few idiot opposing fans trolling him online and at away grounds for a while. Also opposition players will be winding him up trying to get him sent off.

Then it will start to calm down and like it or not, FF will have a mark against his name in some peoples eyes forever. If you're as talented as Suarez you still get a dream move, But for FF it might mean the difference between a dream move to the PL and staying at Wednesday or going to another championship club instead. So guilty or not a lot of damage has already been done.

As for the word in question it is very different to any other name calling as the word is associated with centuries of oppression and slavery the likes that we can not comprehend in 2018. It is not ok to say that word in any shape or form. I personally don't think name calling is appropriate anyway, this is not name calling. This is defining someone by their race, which in this case that race is still fighting for equality. So yes it has an effect on the person being subjected to that abuse.

I think it is important to keep all these separate. FF will be feeling terrible whether he said the words or not at the minute so needs the support of the club. But if proven to have said it he needs to be disciplined and probably go on a course to learn why saying those words is wrong. Then after serving a punishment things will move on. Hopefully he never said it and this can be proven and the Mansfield player will be disciplined for wasting peoples time. But that is a pipe dream and unfortunately i don't see a way this turns out good for Wednesday.

What a mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Not read all 13 pages and i don't know if FF is guilty or not so can't remark on whether he said this or not. If he said it he will get a large ban and a fine and then carry on his career because he is good. Look at John Terry and Luis Suarez. He may have said it and not be proven guilty because of sheer lack of evidence. In lots of other cases there are a lot more cameras than there were at Mansfield and unless another player is willing to say FF said it then it may be a inconclusive outcome.

As an employer Sheffield Wednesday will defend their employee for sure, especially if he is denying he said anything, which i am guessing he is saying he didn't so that is what will happen. There will be an FA hearing and lots of newspaper headlines for a while. He may also get a few idiot opposing fans trolling him online and at away grounds for a while. Also opposition players will be winding him up trying to get him sent off.

Then it will start to calm down and like it or not, FF will have a mark against his name in some peoples eyes forever. If you're as talented as Suarez you still get a dream move, But for FF it might mean the difference between a dream move to the PL and staying at Wednesday or going to another championship club instead. So guilty or not a lot of damage has already been done.

As for the word in question it is very different to any other name calling as the word is associated with centuries of oppression and slavery the likes that we can not comprehend in 2018. It is not ok to say that word in any shape or form. I personally don't think name calling is appropriate anyway, this is not name calling. This is defining someone by their race, which in this case that race is still fighting for equality. So yes it has an effect on the person being subjected to that abuse.

I think it is important to keep all these separate. FF will be feeling terrible whether he said the words or not at the minute so needs the support of the club. But if proven to have said it he needs to be disciplined and probably go on a course to learn why saying those words is wrong. Then after serving a punishment things will move on. Hopefully he never said it and this can be proven and the Mansfield player will be disciplined for wasting peoples time. But that is a pipe dream and unfortunately i don't see a way this turns out good for Wednesday.

What a mess.

Perfectly summarised

Owlstalk Shop

Let’s face, it we have no idea what’s been said - if anything. If it’s racism, FF will be punished and rightly so. 

But I really don’t think we’d have put out that statement unless we’ve had our own inqueiry into this beforehand. Chansiri doesn’t seem to be the guy that would accept such behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Well, that's another  8-10 racist Owlstalkers outed.

This site is unbelievable, but I suppose it's only indicative of society in general. 

I knew some posters on here had some pretty dodgy opinions, but trying to argue that making a racist remark doesn't make someone racist is , and is only ' calling names' , is pretty pathetic.

If Joao misses an open net next season, are you going to call him a racist name because ' it's the heat of the moment?'  - after all, you aren't a racist so it's OK, folks.

If Palmer miss places a back pass ? 

Opposition players? 

All heat of the moment stuff in 90 minutes.

Unbelievable. 

Genuine question Banno,  if anyone is found guilty of making a racist comment what do you think the punishment should be ?

18 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

No I don't think many are saying that it is ok. It is not.

But if he did say it and he were to show genuine remorse and the reason for saying it was words as a weapon, there may be a case for leniency, compared to someone who stood by what they said or didn't see anything wrong with what they said.

This.

Leniancy is often shown in criminal courts depending on the character or history of the perpetrator.

Under any circumstance it’s not good for the player or the club. 

Not saying Pearce is lying either, but let’s hope he has minterpreted FF. AS for David Flitcroft handling this situation, it was always going to come out of control as he doesn’t seem to be the brightest of lightbulb. Club representatives could have at least tried to sort this out between them before calling in the police.