#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

Who was the player that took out FF on the attack leading up to the melee? That's what started the whole thing. 

As for guilt or innocence, for me he is innocent until proven otherwise. We should stick by him and stand behind him. This could derail the start of the season if infighting and abuse is getting slung about. FF and the players will know what's happened. Let them get on with their jobs while we get on with ours. (that's supporting for those that seem to have forgotten) 

I haven't read all 12 pages but when did FF allegedly actually make the comment? Clearly the trigger to the kerfuffle was the 'hard but fair' challenge at the final whistle. Was FF screaming something as he went in? 

FF went in on their player hard and immedieately their player reacted and sent FF flying through the air. The tackle was what incensed him and I suspect that some of rough treatment dished out to FF and and others prior to FF tackle was reason for FF hard tackle. It is highly unlikely anything racist was said by FF at time of tackle or in between him being flung through the air as little opportunity presented itself. Saying that something incensed their player is right but unlikely to be words in clip we have all seen. It has to be remembered referee gave their player a red and FF a yellow which I think how he saw seriousness of offence. From other pictures it is clear more of their players were seen to lose it than Wednesday players. Some Wednesday players were not involved at all. Hence 22 man brawl if implying all players was wrong. I think this is way of Mansfield trying to deflect some flak onto Wednesday, as the way I saw it if fines were to be handed out on video and photographic evidence Mansfield would get a far heavier fine.and maybe to try and get players off hook who clearly lost it big style on the day.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

People keep making this 'defence' but it simply doesn't wash.

Would you, in your place of work, start racially abusing a colleague if you lost your temper with them? If the answer is no then why is it acceptable on a football pitch? 

It simply isn't acceptable and he should be punished accordingly. People do make mistakes and If second chances are given out to those who physically abuse people then why not to those who are guilty of verbal abuse. 

Also, we cannot ignore any prior wrong doing by the fella just because he was racially abused. 

All those that were guilty of any wrong doing should be punished internally by the club's and we should now move on. 

20 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I haven't read all 12 pages but when did FF allegedly actually make the comment? Clearly the trigger to the kerfuffle was the 'hard but fair' challenge at the final whistle. Was FF screaming something as he went in? 

Precisely what I’ve been wondering. He never really had the chance to say anything following the tackle as he was pushed / punched to the floor and had the ball thrown at him.

4 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

If Notts police act with their usual alacrity the season will be over before they respond.

And why should they give any priority to some spoilt footballers throwing their handbags around?

It's difficult 

Racism is obviously wrong but sometimes you say things below the belt to hurt someone because you are so angry and you know it's going to have an effect.

Like calling someone fat because you know it will get to them.

I'm all for getting rid of racism in the world but sometimes aren't these things just name calling?

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

People keep making this 'defence' but it simply doesn't wash.

Would you, in your place of work, start racially abusing a colleague if you lost your temper with them? If the answer is no then why is it acceptable on a football pitch? 

People at work call each other names all the time i'd have thought.

Doubt any of them end up in a police investigation 

It really is one persons word against another person.  Perhaps the Mansfield defender misunderstood what was said to him.  On some occasions I've had to listen carefully to FFs interviews to understand what he is saying. May be the Mansfield defender is lying to cover himself. Who really knows.  Let's back our guy unless there is irrefutable evidence of a misdemeanour. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Corrrrrrrr

Really?

I think so.

Put whatever word you want in front of bar steward and it's a name.

That could be white fat ginger whatever.

Would the police be interested if someone called a Dutch ****.

It's got to be took in context.

For me ,I would get both players together and bang their heads together.

I know it's not the cool view but it's mine sorry.

Just now, Eightace said:

I think so.

Put whatever word you want in front of bar steward and it's a name.

That could be white fat ginger whatever.

Would the police be interested if someone called a Dutch ****.

It's got to be took in context.

For me ,I would get both players together and bang their heads together.

I know it's not the cool view but it's mine sorry.

Everyone has opinions and you have every right to yours

I just think that any namecalling is poor form but anything regarding race, gender, sexuality etc - nahhhh not in 2018

Owlstalk Shop

The way I see it, there's a few equally viable options

• Forestieri is a full-on Klan member and accidentally let it slip
  • Forestieri is a bit racist and got angry and said something a bit racist
  • Forestieri said something not racist which Pearce thought was racist
  • Forestieri annoyed Pearce so he's calling him a racist
  • Forestieri said nothing, but the referee mimicked him and fooled Pearce (because all refs hate Forestieri)

From the video there is absolutely no way to know, from the statements put out there's no way to know, and you can't judge them on past behaviour. So really we're just going to have to wait for a bit more to come out in due course. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone has opinions and you have every right to yours

I just think that any namecalling is poor form but anything regarding race, gender, sexuality etc - nahhhh not in 2018

It is but two footballers having handbags and using below the belt names just seems different than some Asian woman getting abuse on a bus for example.

I just don't see it as a matter for the police.

Just now, Eightace said:

It is but two footballers having handbags and using below the belt names just seems different than some Asian woman getting abuse on a bus for example.

I just don't see it as a matter for the police.

That way of thinking leads to people thinking up all different kinds of reasons for it NOT to be racism

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

The way I see it, there's a few equally viable options

• Forestieri is a full-on Klan member and accidentally let it slip
  • Forestieri is a bit racist and got angry and said something a bit racist
  • Forestieri said something not racist which Pearce thought was racist
  • Forestieri annoyed Pearce so he's calling him a racist
  • Forestieri said nothing, but the referee mimicked him and fooled Pearce (because all refs hate Forestieri)

From the video there is absolutely no way to know, from the statements put out there's no way to know, and you can't judge them on past behaviour. So really we're just going to have to wait for a bit more to come out in due course. 

Yeah pretty much 

Owlstalk Shop