Steve Bruce

Guest Hillsborough Mole

On 24/07/2018 at 11:51, bigdan2003 said:

I like Bruce. But haven’t they spent like 90 million since 2016 plus the daft wages they’ve been handing out. 

I think he’d be expensive and not right for us at this time. 

Shurrup Bigdan....numpty

:biggrin:

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Haha 3

On 24/07/2018 at 11:22, Hirst1867 said:

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

All the ones that negged that post want lining up against a wall and shooting

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think he’d have come here at the start of last season given the embargo. We were talking with Bruce for a very long time before it was announced so presumably he needed to know he could change things. Looking forward to next season.

Spot on 

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

All the ones that negged that post want lining up against a wall and shooting

You want your head testing if you think that Steve Bruce would have walked out on Aston Villa last summer after taking them to the play-off final and we would have somehow managed to tempt him in while under a transfer embargo, never mind the fact we may not have been able to afford, or indeed been allowed under the terms of the embargo, to pay Villa off for their manager who was under contract at the time.

Things change very quickly in football and a few months on, when he was no longer under contract and in a better place personally to take on a new challenge we got him. I had my reservations about him due to the fact he has previously spent some good money at other clubs and we weren't in a position to spend anything but I concede a don't think we could have hoped for a better manager when we appointed him and am happy to have him.

The way Jos ended the previous season suggested he should be given a chance, this proved to be the wrong call and the vast majority agree he should have gone weeks if not months before he eventually did. However, had we got rid of him last summer Steve Bruce would not currently be our manager. 

On 24/07/2018 at 11:22, Hirst1867 said:

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Are you OK?

Seen you mocking certain posters on here the past few days, changing your avatar and negging their every post.

Now laughing at everyone who had the temerity to disagree or question you on something a year ago.  

Anyone would think you have never got anything wrong.

All seems a little bit juvenile for a grandad.

On 24/07/2018 at 12:22, Hirst1867 said:

You sir are a visionary! I have to admit I wasn’t convinced he was right for us last season but certainly warmed to him! 

Although I certainly hadn’t begged you for it back then (can’t believe how many did) we’ll worthy of a retrospective agree! 

2 hours ago, 33 said:

I wanted Jos Out after 45 mins of the opening game at Wigan and got slaughtered.

My dog could've picked a better line up and tactics that afternoon.

What did you think on July 25th though 33?

We’d ended the season well and I don’t mind admitting I thought a good pre season with Jos we would be ok. Sadly mistaken but is there any need for the moral high ground look at me I was right posts? All a bit childish and pathetic 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2018 at 11:27, matthefish2002 said:

Doubt Steve Bruce would come at moment. More likely to go on holiday for a couple of months and see what's on offer at Christmas.

Not impossible if we have a down turn in results he could be manager in a few months but a lot of if, buts and maybes for that to happen.

Do you have this weeks lottery numbers too!

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

What did you think on July 25th though 33?

We’d ended the season well and I don’t mind admitting I thought a good pre season with Jos we would be ok. Sadly mistaken but is there any need for the moral high ground look at me I was right posts? All a bit childish and pathetic 

You'll find I stated Jos OUT in a thread during Barnsley away the Feb of previous season.

Clearly clueless then and despite finding by accident a system that seemed to work those last few games in April and May he completely ditched it at Wigan.

Playing Hutchinson as a number 10 and spending 90 minutes defending from the off against a newly promoted Wigan was the worst management I've ever seen.

We didn't do anything positive even after going behind and clueless just sat in the dugout throughout. With a clearly superior team we managed to get on the scoresheet despite the tactics employed.

Pathetic.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you OK?

Seen you mocking certain posters on here the past few days, changing your avatar and negging their every post.

Now laughing at everyone who had the temerity to disagree or question you on something a year ago.  

Anyone would think you have never got anything wrong.

All seems a little bit juvenile for a grandad.

Mocking?

17 minutes ago, 33 said:

You'll find I stated Jos OUT in a thread during Barnsley away the Feb of previous season.

Clearly clueless then and despite finding by accident a system that seemed to work those last few games in April and May he completely ditched it at Wigan.

Playing Hutchinson as a number 10 and spending 90 minutes defending from the off against a newly promoted Wigan was the worst management I've ever seen.

We didn't do anything positive even after going behind and clueless just sat in the dugout throughout. With a clearly superior team we managed to get on the scoresheet despite the tactics employed.

Pathetic.

TBF, you start a manager out thread every Saturday.  

• Haha 2