Steve Bruce

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

Yes Villa are looking forward the Premier League starting on 11th August.

They did a damn sight better than us - even with all the turmoil they were in.  Quality manager with stacks of experience in getting teams outof the division.

Rather than an unknown quantity

I’ve always liked the idea of Bruce here, generally finds a way to get teams up there.

However, it wouldn’t happen now. M I think Jos finished the season strongly, he needs to show us what he can do now with the pressure on and match his record in Germany.

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

They did a damn sight better than us - even with all the turmoil they were in.  Quality manager with stacks of experience in getting teams outof the division.

They spent a bleeding fortune under Bruce and have done no better than us over last few seasons.

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

And to think, he did it all on a shoestring budget!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

That dam sight better than us, got em playing in the same division again......... woo hoo well done Brucey baby. 

I have been a big advocate for Steve Bruce in the past, but timing is not right. I am impressed with he way Jos has gone about things, seems to see what needs to be done and disappointed he has not been given the backing by DC / or being constrained by FFP, whichever story you prefer. At this moment, I would prefer Jos, think he is more progressive and want to see what he can do with the process of reducing the squad age and developing some younger players, rather than have to rely on paying big money for Premier League drop outs.

Give then funds CC had think Bruce would have got us promoted..Surprised Villa are making a change though, thought they were under FFP limits too, or does that not matter now they have money to throw around and can ignore the rules? To me, Bruce would be a much safer pair of hands that Henry in their position. 

10 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

He would still have to work with what we have and more being shipped out.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Zlin Owl said:

He would still have to work with what we have and more being shipped out.

He'd know exactly how to wheel & deal - and with his connections he'd probably have us back on track with FFP

I'd fully expect him to ship out FF and Bannan for the highest fees possible and bring in the necessary quality to have us challenging - rather than treading water

9 minutes ago, Nilssons lovechild said:

You do realise we can’t afford to do sweet FA this season, promotion is a pipe dream

Lighting mi pipe as we speak. It will happen this season. Staton on Football Heaven reckons we still have no pace. Reach, Joao, Baker, Bannan, FF. and we can also move the ball quickly which is the key.

Edited by mark1948

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I have been a big advocate for Steve Bruce in the past, but timing is not right. I am impressed with he way Jos has gone about things, seems to see what needs to be done and disappointed he has not been given the backing by DC / or being constrained by FFP, whichever story you prefer. At this moment, I would prefer Jos, think he is more progressive and want to see what he can do with the process of reducing the squad age and developing some younger players, rather than have to rely on paying big money for Premier League drop outs.

Give then funds CC had think Bruce would have got us promoted..Surprised Villa are making a change though, thought they were under FFP limits too, or does that not matter now they have money to throw around and can ignore the rules? To me, Bruce would be a much safer pair of hands that Henry in their position. 

Villa have spent more than us since they got relegated and lost in a playoff final like us.

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

He'd know exactly how to wheel & deal - and with his connections he'd probably have us back on track with FFP

I'd fully expect him to ship out FF and Bannan for the highest fees possible and bring in the necessary quality to have us challenging - rather than treading water

Nice thought mate but would he get all the money to re-invest. Jos deserves a chance, brave man to accept the job knowing the constraints. Would Brucie be interested ?