Steve Bruce

Guest Hillsborough Mole

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

He'd know exactly how to wheel & deal - and with his connections he'd probably have us back on track with FFP

I'd fully expect him to ship out FF and Bannan for the highest fees possible and bring in the necessary quality to have us challenging - rather than treading water

Wheel and deal.......... Bruce,words don't even belong in the same sentence. 

Bruce had excellent record until took over at Villa. Exploited loan market well and usuallly made astute signings.

He got things badly wrong at Villa had a side way too old to get out of Championship and club are in mire.

Always liked the guy as manager but suddenly does not look the proposition he was before going to Villa. One of the few who can repeat success but at the moment only an idiot would ditch current incumbent for someone else which would certainly not help current financial straight jacket we are currently in.

27 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

I was waiting for this thread...

26 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

They did a damn sight better than us - even with all the turmoil they were in.  Quality manager with stacks of experience in getting teams outof the division.

Rather than an unknown quantity

Becoming a journeyman. With all of the talent at his disposal he couldn't get Villa into the automatic promotion places. 

The turmoil they were in - was that the same turmoil as having the first team in the sick bay.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

29 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

They did a damn sight better than us - even with all the turmoil they were in.  Quality manager with stacks of experience in getting teams outof the division.

Rather than an unknown quantity

No they didn't. They spent around 5 times more on salaries and where did it get them. No good at Wednesday in any event, we haven't a pot to pish in and Bruce is fvvcked without a pot.

I really can't believe the amount of tripe and Shiite being posted on here about the need for Bruce. Look at what our 'unknown' manager did with a 1st team squad injured etc etc and some still want want that busted face fuucker here. Jesus.

28 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

He'd know exactly how to wheel & deal - and with his connections he'd probably have us back on track with FFP

Yea, he'd know exactly how to wheel and deal providing he had multi-millions to do it with.

His "friendship" with referees could come in useful  though.WTF:i

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Fortunately Bruce wouldn't come here, our cheque book's not big enough.

I say fortunately because Bruce has a history of when the going gets tough, he gets going and believe me it's going to be tough next season if we can't bring in 2 or 3 new players just to freshen things up and add a bit of enthusiasm to the squad.

54 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

Shouldn't this be in the "unpopular opinion" thread? 

• Haha 1