Steve Bruce

Guest Hillsborough Mole

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Might surprise you; 

But yeah, looking at our prices, I'd want "The best possible chance at promotion"

So get Bruce and give him 20m to spend

Only surprise is you thinking we can spend £20m

54 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

There's always one fool ... 

40 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

He'd know exactly how to wheel & deal - and with his connections he'd probably have us back on track with FFP

I'd fully expect him to ship out FF and Bannan for the highest fees possible and bring in the necessary quality to have us challenging - rather than treading water

How do you replace our two key players with ones which are proven to be as good or better, but for less money?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Just about done at Villa.

If we are serious about promotion we should be crawling over brken glass to fetch him in before the season starts.

Thanks for keeping us up Jos.

Don't worry, you can give him the job when you achieve your dream.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

No idea what that’s got to do with it but sure yeah, whatever you feel like typing.

It's £90 for a membership mate, 

2016/17 - £30

2017/18 - £50

2018/19 - £90

The most expensive membership known to football. I'm a little bitter today

45 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Had Steve Bruce replaced Carlos, then I’d have been happy, but he didn’t, so I’m very happy to support Jos who has managed to get star performances out of previously written off players.

Exactly. Jos is the right man for the job. To do what he did last season and get youth and previously written off players firing on all cylinders was little short of miraculous.

Bruce on the other hand spent more money on wages than any other manager in the league - and failed to get Villa promoted. He should never come into the equation as far as I'm concerned now. He's been at Villa two seasons and got them to 13th in the first season and 4th in the second. Jos is doing just fine.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

They did a damn sight better than us - even with all the turmoil they were in.  Quality manager with stacks of experience in getting teams outof the division.

Rather than an unknown quantity

by turmoil do you mean all the extra money they spunked at it?

He'd know exactly how to wheel & deal - and with his connections he'd probably have us back on track with FFP

I'd fully expect him to ship out FF and Bannan for the highest fees possible and bring in the necessary quality to have us challenging - rather than treading water

Oh aye because Villa are bang in line with FFP aren't they :Pelupessy:

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
24 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Don't worry, you can give him the job when you achieve your dream.

Boring

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I’ve always liked the idea of Bruce here, generally finds a way to get teams up there.

However, it wouldn’t happen now. M I think Jos finished the season strongly, he needs to show us what he can do now with the pressure on and match his record in Germany.

If that's the criteria we should have signed Warnock !!!

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, vulva said:

All things being equal, as a straight swap, it's a no brainier. Nothing against Jos, but if you were playing the odds, you'd back Bruce every single day of the week. 

Stop with the common sense

They did a damn sight better than us - even with all the turmoil they were in.  Quality manager with stacks of experience in getting teams outof the division.

Rather than an unknown quantity

What turmoil were they in? 

The money problems are only affecting them now that the season is over. He had plenty to spend, far more than Carlos for example, and didn't get the job done. 

When has he ever took on a job at a cash-strapped club that need to sell in order to buy? He is a cheque book manager. Not a bad one but not one with a proven track record or indeed any interest in working under our current circumstances. Plus I am sure he wouldn't command a high salary and pay off clause that would bite us on the bum.

Steve Bruce is good with a huge budget at a club that already has some good players there. Failed to get villa back up after having tonnes more than all but a couple of other clubs in this division and now there royally screwed with F. F. P. 

Doubt he'd have done a better job with the resources Jos had available when he took over here. 

For that reason it's a no from me let's give our man at the helm our full backing and support and see what happens if we can get a fit squad (not easy with some of our signings lol)